Feb 1-2 Storm

RootDKJ

the forecast for whiteface is BOMBING! 2-4 today, 2-4 tonite, 8-12 tomorrow, 1-2 tomorrow night! would have drove up there if i knew for sure my classes would be canceled tomorrow and thursday. doubt that though :banghead what a forecast! prolly will be packed as hell with world cup coming up. summit quad has been down for a few days now.

7 inches new at Hunter and still dumping..I don't know about Plattekill..

The office is closed today..I'm not driving anywhere till at least late morning,..making nachos..I wish I had beer..oh well..I can have some with lunch.. :wiggle

Platts is reporting 12" so far with more on the way this afternoon.

Cycled to work through the vineyards this morning, a little chilly at 40 degrees but the sunshine in the valley was nice and warming.

High 60's for the ride home this afternoon,

Kirkwood this weekend.

Hope you guys all make it thorugh the ice OK and that the skiing gets back to normal pretty quickly. The ice-storms in PA are a memory that will stick with me forever.

Cycled to work through the vineyards this morning, a little chilly at 40 degrees but the sunshine in the valley was nice and warming.

High 60's for the ride home this afternoon,

Kirkwood this weekend.

Hope you guys all make it thorugh the ice OK and that the skiing gets back to normal pretty quickly. The ice-storms in PA are a memory that will stick with me forever.

your posts keep making cali sound more and more appealing...

the thing I wouldn't like about Cali is the warm weather in the winter..that's a stoke stomper..

Quite the opposite actually, though I would have thought this too before I was here. It's really nice to enjoy the mild sunny weather knowing that for each storm that brings rain for a day to the bay area, the mountains are picking up feet of snow. In a few weeks it will be warm enough to be on the beach on saturday and ski on sunday.

If I had to ride my bike through a vineyard, I'd never make it to work

tasting rooms are not open that early, the ride home has been known to be quite lengthy......

Quite the opposite actually, though I would have thought this too before I was here. It's really nice to enjoy the mild sunny weather knowing that for each storm that brings rain for a day to the bay area, the mountains are picking up feet of snow. In a few weeks it will be warm enough to be on the beach on saturday and ski on sunday.

tasting rooms are not open that early, the ride home has been known to be quite lengthy......

I agree...you guys have it great. I like the cold because it means its ski season, but I love landing in SFO a week ago and a t-shirt is the appropriate attire, with awesome skiing a few hours away.

as for the tasting rooms...I've been drunk by noon doing while visiting vineyards in sonoma/napa :nono

X2...I spent some time in California and it was great to do just that.