Interesting Jersey Mt (Sarcasm...)

peski28

So this little mountain in Mahwah NJ has been pumping ads on the good on ns. Now when I say pumping, I'm being modest. If anybody has watched a video on ns within the past few months we all know about poweraid and Gus Kenworthy and I'm done with it. These guys bought banners and everything too, wow. Well bottom line take a look at this place if you've never heard of it and has anybody been here? I'm on 287 a lot and had no idea it existed.

http://www.skicampgaw.com/

I went there last year since my brother goes to school nearby. I honestly had a ton of fun. It is very small, but has a nice view of the city, and the park was pretty well maintained. Felt more like a community park that had a ski option than a mountain, but i still had a great time.

Now if you want to see an even smaller jersey hill, there were actually two in south jersey. both had chairlifts for some reason, one was in pine hill and the other in alloway creek near the salem nuclear plant. both have pages on Facebook with photos.

That area goes way back to the 60's when Jersey was dotted with all kinds of small ski areas. Actually, that was one of the larger ones. Amazingly, it's held on all these years while most of the others faded away; ie Snowbowl (on the site of Jefferson Twsp HS), Belle Mt outside of Trenton, Peapack, and many others. The smallest ones had minimal vert and rope tows but for $1.00 tickets, they were great places to hit every nite after supper instead of watching TV. Good times.

the one near cherry hill was ski mountain. no way 400 ft of vert, the tallest point in south jersey is like 209. Its a golf course now. 100 feet of vert max.

https://www.facebook...&type=1

and the further south one

https://www.facebook...&type=1

I learned to ski at pine hill around 1974-75 with the glenn landing middle school ski club :rock

f me i'm old

That would be Chadd's Ford near West Chester.

Apple was a place near Allentown, my parents were there.

Crystal Ridge was some tiny place near Virginville that my grandparents would go to.

I remember vaguely a place in Chester or West Chester that is now a farm.....LOL PA your 50vert farm could also be a ski area!

When my mom was a kid in the 50s and 60s she skied Apple hill which is in Orefield. Skifreak at some time posted some spy photos...back then Doe mountain was the big mountain in the area.

There used to be remnants of the lift at Apple Hill. Not sure if they are still there.