JF 12/17/2011

C1erArt

Back from Day 1 at Jackson Frost. Met JFDan and Phillycore at the bottom of the quad after a fast run down Dematte's. Dan, Phillycore and I lapped Demattes and Challenge for the next few hours. Snow turned sugary as the day went on. No ice or cookies to be found. After lunch I switched from my PE's to Phillycore's Nick Greener's and we lappped challege and Demattes for the the next few hours. Today was lots of fun an hopefully the start of a great season.

Philly, How is it skiing under 250 lbs.?

As sad as it is to say this, I really didn't notice much difference other than the fact that my skis are a LOT stiffer than they used to be....lol

I'm sure I'll notice a bigger difference later on when I'm out there for a longer duration of time. (Only got in around 15 runs, but I didn't count)

Nice using phresheez to find people on the mountain. New 4s, and the battery is holding up pretty well on the app.

yeah, the battery sucked really badly on the 3G but really since about the 4 it's not been much of a problem for us even when it's really cold. Good to hear that the 4s is good too. Now who knows what it will be like when Apple finally does 4G which I've heard is a real battery pig.

yeah, the battery sucked really badly on the 3G but really since about the 4 it's not been much of a problem for us even when it's really cold. Good to hear that the 4s is good too. Now who knows what it will be like when Apple finally does 4G which I've heard is a real battery pig.

My battery didn't last for squat today.. Phresheez squeezed the life juice out of my phone REAL quick (HTC sensation android)

Fun day for sure. made quite a few runs before a nice fried food lunch in the lodge, which wasnt crowded at all. after lunch we stopped over at the ski shop (AKA PC's XL7). Dom demoed the Nick Greeners in 190 cm. the slopes were pretty crowded after lunch, definetly more so than before lunch. left around 2 pm. good snow day. hope get as many guns going tonight as possible. we need more trails to open up. the glades really werent skiable for the most part.

i could watch the battery level on my blackberry going down. am i supposed to have a check next to batt/perf for less battery consumption?

@phillycore -- do you possibly have your "Track Precision" set to "High Resolution"? It looks a lot like that here. If so, turn it back to "Normal", and you'll probably get better battery. That's going to get deprecated in the next version of the app as it was really an experiment adding the accelerometer data that we've never really gotten around to supporting and it's a *real* battery sucker.

Mike

i could watch the battery level on my blackberry going down. am i supposed to have a check next to batt/perf for less battery consumption?

The Blackberry -- which we're not developing for anymore -- was funny: some of them were really, really good with the battery, but things like the Torch were really atrocious. Same app/software on our end, so it was pretty obviously bad optimization in the BlackBerry OS. It's one of the many reasons we gave up with those guys... what a mess.

Mike

I'm not sure where to adjust the track precision at. I was in battery saver mode (not in normal)

Thanks for the help,

Ok... I can see from here that it had quite a bit of activity from the accelerometer which may have been contributing

to this problem. As you probably know, phones vary quite a bit manufacturer to manufacturer on Android due to

hardware and OS driver bugs.

Once I cut that out, I can get you a new release... heck maybe I'll work on it now since I'M NOT SKIING TODAY :(

Mike