WMMR Day 1/6/12 - Worth Going?

Tickets are still available (when I checked last night). Have never attended, but have seen comments on this board that it can be a zoo.

Anyone have any experience? I was figuring for 10 bucks if I got there early and got out by 1p it might be worth it.

Thanks - Happy New Year!

I always thought the first one wasn't too crowded, its the last one with the cardboard box race that gets crowded.

the first one is day off on the slopes.....very crowded skiing. like C1 said, get in early, and get out early. 2nd one is the cardboard classic...very few people actually ski that day, but parking is a nightmare. all the lots are full, and people are parked along the road coming in.

WMMR days are always real blast. A HUGE party everywhere.

There's a great live band in the Cantina on the ground floor and the 2nd floor bar E2000 has live

WMMR broadcasting.

If its cold the drunks avoid the hills and the lifts are not crowded.

The crowding looks JUST LIKE EVERY BLUE MOUNTAIN FRIDAY NIGHT.

So if you are used to skiing with lots of people then its no big deal.

I'd go but my bus service can't allocate the time for getting stuck in traffic getting in and out twice in one day.

Go real early .... park before 8 AM ... and traffic won't be a problem.

At 11 AM the traffic will look like the Schuylkill at 5PM.

• Like 1

Thanks for all the advice/insight. Did go today with my two college age sons. Overall a good day, as noted above more crowded than usual.

The snow condition was fantastic, much better than Camelback on Wednesday. Very crowded between 11am and 1:30pm, but then started to thin out.

Fair amount of "party peope" however they were well behaved.