sno 1/5/13

rgrwilco

So, yeah I went to sno today. It was fun.

Sno is 2hrs 33min from my house in south jersey (basically Philly), and as a comparison, blue is 1hr 55min, shawnee is 2hrs 25min, and camelback is 2hrs 30min. So why does this matter? Because people from philly mob the fuck out of all of those places besides sno, and its mostly likely because they dont know it exists. I saw ONE billboard for sno, on 81, and it was for sno cove and not the ski resort. Sno is not on the blue attraction signs before the exit, or anywhere else for that matter.

color me suprised as I could not park right by the northface lift because there were actually people in the lot at around 9. A steady stream of cars followed behind. The crowd for the day seemed like a healthy weekday crowd anywhere else, and im sure it would have been better if people knew about it. I love the location of sno, lots to do aftwerwards. Its neat how the mountain towers over all the shopping and restaurants.

post-935-0-17884800-1357440355_thumb.jpg

The riding was awesome. Their park fucking sucks though, the new guy must of fled, its worse than last years. Not having a top to bottom lift sucks, they really need to figure out a way to open top to bottom at the start. The conditions were amazing on northface. I stayed there all day, and personally i think those trails are the most fun in PA. I think i saw KC EVERWHERE on the mountain today engaging guests.

Advertise your awesome mountain dumbasses, and people will show the fuck up and give you money. When i talk about sno around me, people have no idea its there or that even montage was ever there. Ive been spreading the gospel of 10 dollar tuesdays and people think its rad. Team up with a philly radio station. an MMR day type event would kill it. goodnight.

Nice Report. I was up there yesterday and the report about the Northface being epic right now is spot on. Perfect manmade conditions on White Lightning with no bumps yet is really just too epic to describe.

We should set up a PASR day at Sno this year, I'm sure KC would be able to hook us up.

• Like 2

Thanks for the report.. A couple of things. Lol...I said the same thing the other week about the Billboard. That isn't our fault. We stopped advertising on that sign a year or so ago and I guess the ad agency can't find anyone to take the space, hence the 'Cove still being there. We've had much more success with the regional and in town electronic billboards than those huge ones on the Interstate anyway, so we're sticking with what works.

The park..no, Dom is still there and the locals have said it is a 100% improvevment over last year. It's not Boulder, nor is it going to be and Dom has the crew working half shift slopeside, the other half in the shop repairing, decking amd grinding/painting the stuff that has been neglected over the years. It's a slow process, but making progress. He felt, and so do I that it was better to start at the bottom of the slope and work upward, getting smaller features put in and going from there. Have some faith. Rome wasn't built in a day, and I will admit the park was a disater the past few years and it's going to take a while to get it back in shape. We found so many features that were just written off that are usuable we could probably spend the rest of the season and half the Summer rebuilding all of this stuff. We have that much!

Our numbers as far as attendance are way up, so once again I don't know why you would think we're failing in the market. We had a total of 21 school groups this weekend..a few buses, and..a lot of our bus traffic comes from Philly, Maryland, ect..and I looked at the group list right now for this upcoming weekend...all I can say is a lot is heading here, and bypassing a lot of resorts to get here, so..we must be doing something right. However, I like the idea of MMR radio...we were using a Philly based web travel agent last season..and it worked, but maybe this is something else to try.

The bottom to top lift would work IF we can get enough snow....and cold... in the beginning of the season so we can open the 2 main slopes up on the left...Runaway & Fast Track. Everyone knows those slopes are the widest slopes of all resorts in the region..and probably the longest. For us to make snow up there exclusivly we would have to transfer all the water and power to just cover those 2, which sadly we can't do because we can cover the rest of the mountain, or at least enough to open for the general public with the resourses we would use for just 2 slopes. One thing that did help yesterday was the connection trail at the base of the Iron Horse Lift opened to Lower Runaway and the bottom of the mountain.

As far as me...I personally walked 17.4 miles in two days, taking pics, talking to customers...helping with lifts..whatever needed to be done.

On our facebook we have a multitude of deals going, and on the site as well...the line that formed in front of the ticket window for the "4 for $50" deal at 4pm Saturday went all the way up past the rental building and half way up the service road..so..that is being appreciated and of course our $10 Tuesday kicks in tomorrow.

Also, our "First Tracks" idea was a hit, the Northface opening to Season Pass holders at 8:am on weekends...had a good sized early crowd for that on Sunday.

Pics from the weekend:

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151391285166138.534881.288781601137&type=1

Nice Report. I was up there yesterday and the report about the Northface being epic right now is spot on. Perfect manmade conditions on White Lightning with no bumps yet is really just too epic to describe.

We should set up a PASR day at Sno this year, I'm sure KC would be able to hook us up.

Try Boomer for bumps..that was near perfection this past weekend. As far as the PASR Day...what do you need?

Great news that PASR is Giving Snö some love. Can't wait to hear about a PASR day.

In the meantime, if anyone wants to pop up to Scranton and get some runs in let me know, I go up a few times a week and love to show people around the mountain.

Jeez KC get some skis or a board...or maybe spiked tires for one of your bikes...

Keep up the good work, I hope the gang can keep Sno an ongoing venture!

I have Xcountry skis and always thought it would be neat to use them, at least getting around the base area. Haven't gone downhill since I had a knee replacement years ago.

As far as Sno....we're doing the best we can, just wish the media would stop killing us. All of us know the issues we face, we just hate getting it shoved in our faces every week.