2/10...great conditions

AtomicSkier

I saw as low as -1F on the drive up...the summit was 12F and the base was 4F...quite brisk to start the morning, but absolutely 0 wind. Just me and AngryHugo to start the day. GSS got too wasted, as did BMT and Justo8585. Conditions were pretty prime this AM, as expected after 6" of snow. We lapped Nightmare/Dreamweaver, Switchback and Mainstreet all morning. Crowds really weren't a problem on the trails, but lift lines did start to get out of hand around 10am. Me, AH, ZZslope and AH's brother quit around then...enjoyed some adult beverages in the lot.

I was riding the lift with ZZ and some regulars that I recognized. The one woman asked if I was AtomicSkier. I cautiously answered. She started to say "You tell your friend Grilledsteeze sandwich" and all I could think of was "oh shit what is she going to say"....she continued with "that I LOVE reading his reports. They're always spot on and extremely detailed. Tell him that he the middle aged slightly overweight female crowd loves his reports and that he should keep doing what he's doing" So there you have it...

Great day, great beers, and always fun skiing with ZZ and AH!

• Like 2

Too many fans and groupies last night kept me from seeing all my fans and groupies today..I figured conditions would be good. I'll likely be up either Tuesday or Wednesday during the daytime..it's full on goggle tan season now.

Oh and to chubby middle aged women I'm like a sex symbol. Believe that!!!!

The temperature inversion at Blue is not weird...it's normal based on geography and atmospheric conditions. You should see some of the inversion days at Jackson Hole when it is 25 degrees at the top and sunny and 10 below at the base with freezing fog...crazy going to the top to get warm.

She didn't say chubby, she said slightly overweight, really thought she was going to blast you. Bagged first chair today with George, got the usual one run on razors and it was excellent. Real good conditions today all over, switchback was in great shape even near the usually icy bottom stretch. The air bag trail got crowded as central park was closed for an event. Good time skiing with Angry Hugo & Atomic.

• Like 2