Camelback terrain park

sjb269

Just wanted to start a thread about the lack of quality and effort put into camekbacks terrain park this year. I've noticed that they state they have 6 terrain areas on their website and there is only basically 1 trail with poorly constructed features and terrible jumps. I have a season pass here and have had one for the past 3 years, but I may be reconsidering for next year. Their jumps have no landings and aren't constructed properly. I've noticed they don't blow additional snows needed to open the big jump line and it just seems like they don't give a shit!

Any insight as to why there is no effort in this area???

Steve

I'm cluless when it comes to terrain parks but if I had to guess maybe the terrain park scene is dimishing somewhat. BB Park - Their signature park over the past however many years has been a trail the entire season. Love Park is crazy looking but BB Park is a straight trail. With less demand, it's possible that less $$ is being spent on rails, additional snowmkaing for jumps etc. But like I said, I know more about tween pop stars than I do terrain parks so I could be dead wrong.

turnover isnt an excuse.

especially when you have the same type of kid (personality: eager/motivated) on hand crew. changing the park head doesnt change the cat driver either.

ive come to expect this stuff from a lot of place.

if a business/mountain wants to change things they usually ask two questions:

what are the possibilties?

and - more importantly

who cares?

obviously not many people care enough for them to devote more time.

Their business model is more geared toward the water park and their other year round shit. The ski resort is on the bottom of the list.

And soon the hotel. Eventually I think the emphasis on skiing will come back when they realize it drives sales of the hotel, but until then, look for them to continue improving the water park and just adding a couple snow guns here and there to the mountain.

And soon the hotel. Eventually I think the emphasis on skiing will come back when they realize it drives sales of the hotel, but until then, look for them to continue improving the water park and just adding a couple snow guns here and there to the mountain.

The hotel was supposed to have been built and in operation in 2007 and every year since but they still have not even broken ground. I honestly don't think it's ever going to happen, there's not enough interest and it's to late now. Great Wolf right down the road has the indoor water park for the kids/family vacations. Mount Airy has the adult vacationers who may also ski at Camelback which is only 5 minutes away. I would be really surprised if they went through with it. Not to mention the owner was recently caught cheating on his wife and I assume she's gearing up to take him to the cleaners, he was living in his RV in the parking lot the hotel is supposed to be built on for some time. The sno mountain bid is just a lowball offer joke, no chance in hell he will acquire that property.

Edited by DiMe
  • Like 1

I have also been questioning the hotel, but several other people seemed to think it was going to happen, so I was going off third party info. It would be a pretty sweet all inclusive resort area, even if it is just in the Poconos. Doesn't bother me either way, but it would be nice to see the place keep moving forward.