• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

haha, the FIRST words I heard out of ski999's mouth where:

Patroller:  "You guys have to watch out, there are alot of beginners out here"

ski999: (looks at me) "I thought I was following one"

And it was all downhill from there  :P

34864[/snapback]

Ha, oh, yeah. I guess DH is right about me being a jerk. :)

Actually, I was talking about the day at Blue when we went to watch you race... But yeah, people who suck should stay off of cliffy :)

34863[/snapback]

I know, but i was saying you wouldn't have issues with rangers either....ehh its late, nevermind...

So is Dthmtl going to be a Patroller or a Ranger? I've missed reading any update on that. The world is going to be a little different if he's a Ranger.

34865[/snapback]

I believe he is going for his EMT training, or w/e he needs to be a patroler...Not a ranger.

• 4 weeks later...

it's not really the rangers it's the bs that cb claims is a trail vs isn't a trial and so on. they used to have a snowboarder Rob who was great he would ride through the park here and there hit the pipe, but he would make sure that little tart kids weren't using their ski equipment as a sled. they also gave the park crew some authority and as an instructor i have no problem yelling at people (enforcing the code) but bottom line people are dumb and will do what they please cause the Paid to be there.

I saw a parent let his daughter "sled" down the laurel glade three times before any ranger knew what was up, and the only reason a ranger had any idea of what was up was cause I informed them. sorry but I'm sick of being knocked over by people that can't ski/ride.

I saw a parent let his daughter "sled" down the laurel glade three times before any ranger knew what was up, and the only reason a ranger had any idea of what was up was cause I informed them. sorry but I'm sick of being knocked over by people that can't ski/ride.

I'm relatively new to the sport, I've only been skiing for like a season, but I've always been curious about the people that get out there and let their kids go down things like cliffy. I was taking a run down the nile mile, and I watched some guy con his like five year old into taking cliffy. I then watched the kid tumble down it... I'm pretty convinced that people think that paying to get on the mountain entitles them to hurt themselves and the rest of us.

I'm relatively new to the sport, I've only been skiing for like a season, but I've always been curious about the people that get out there and let their kids go down things like cliffy. I was taking a run down the nile mile, and I watched some guy con his like five year old into taking cliffy. I then watched the kid tumble down it... I'm pretty convinced that people think that paying to get on the mountain entitles them to hurt themselves and the rest of us.

Don't even get me started on parents, kids, and terrain parks... park rats can back me up! Nothing pisses me off more than to see kids who should still be on beginner trails go into parks with their parents and ride halfway up kickers and stop, blocking it totally and killing what lip is there. then they slowly glide down the trannies and go their merry way... a good 80% of the time injuries in Tp's are inexperience related, "smart style" was implemented for a reason people :banghead:rocks:slap:

...I'm pretty convinced that people think that paying to get on the mountain entitles them to hurt themselves and the rest of us.

last year I was ready to drop into what camelback calls a halfpipe, the super taco. I got all the idiots out of my way and off the lip allowing me plenty of lead in to gain speed. I yelled "dropping" and some 6 year old kid who couldn't ride comes skidding infront/behind me and knocked me over. well I yell at the kid, ask him what he's even doing in there and tell him he needs to learn how to ride, and to "know the code" so on so forth. best part of this is that the dad and watches all this tries to start an argument with me about it. telling me I'm retarded for yelling at a kid. my basic argument was that you need to be in control of yourself and equipment at all times and that he hit me, when i had the right of way, and that he was retarded for bringing his kid into the park a black diamond trail.

Yeah.... I mean people need to learn. The need to learn their sport at a pace which is good for them. That's why there is the coolmoor and sunbowl. If you don't understand the merging on trails, or speed control you need to take some lessons. (and stay off any upper trails green or not) I agree with lastdutchess. I've only been doing this for about a season now but I took the time to learn. I usually like to agree with Darwin in these situations but it really screws the rest of us up in the mean time. I think that there should be like an orientation for all skiers/boarders who have not been to CB before... Any other suggestions? I know it's not exactly feesable, but something needs to be done. Even if all the rangers were excellent they couldn't see everything.

--------

:pirate .... got a lil captain in you?

Edited by capt'n morgan ski

I think they should sell beginner lift tickets for say 30 bucks, and park lift tickets for say 30 bucks and whole mtn lift tickets are usual cost. then they should also have free park passes you just have to watch the smart style video and register and if your pass is ever taken for some reason you have to pay 10 bucks for another one, plus watch the video again. taken again, and you are banned for the rest of the season.

I think they should sell beginner lift tickets for say 30 bucks, and park lift tickets for say 30 bucks and whole mtn lift tickets are usual cost. then they should also have free park passes you just have to watch the smart style video and register and if your pass is ever taken for some reason you have to pay 10 bucks for another one, plus watch the video again. taken again, and you are banned for the rest of the season.

That works in the parks and such... and could be adjusted, that if you want a total mountain pass you would have to watch a similar video... similar reprecussions if you mess up... I'm liking that idea.

this would never work because of tourism.

If you want to end a lot of this, push to have the park moved to the other side of the mountain by the Rhodo park. It would be out of the way and tucked in an area usually not frequented by the people that rent at Slopeside. Most of the problem with the little kids in the park are that while mom and dad are having a nooner, they tell the kids to stay in the park close to the condo. I've had words with lots of small ones in the park that obviously didn't belong there and when asked where mom or dad were got the story they were having lunch at the condo. And if you have words with the parents, you get the attitude that they payed for a lift ticket and can use any part of the mountain. The park is just too close to the rental units. IT SHOULD BE MOVED!!!

PAX :bravo

If you want to end a lot of this, push to have the park moved to the other side of the mountain by the Rhodo park.

I think next season 06/07 you will see a glen "park" lift. servicing rhodo, Upper moore's Ramble, and Oak grove parks. With the talk of cutting down some trees and a new half pipe. leaving a beginner park at laurel glen and the taco.

far as what I said about lift tickets, when the large bus groups come in that is the ONLY time we sell a beginner lift ticket. people in the bus group are able to buy a lift ticket which only services the coolmore and sunbowl lifts. if you look hard enough you'll see tickets which are negatives. black tickets with white text those are the tickets I speak of.

far as a terrain park pass, I don't see what people wouldn't buy that. not many kids want to ride much more than the park. only requirement would be that they'd have to take the safety class and get their park pass before they could buy the ticket.

reason we don't have a park pass is because upper management believes we are not nor will we ever be innerwest (mtn creek, stratton so on) and that people should be able to ride where ever when even...on and we are a beginner mtn with rail and jumps. their bill boards should read "we take all the fun out of skiing". I'd like to push for bigger notices telling people that this is expert terrain. we have a tiny sign, which faces down hill. that and New york cliental, ever try to tell a new yorker what to do?

They are considering park passes..

is that a statement or question? cause after the whole staff put in the suggestion box to add a park pass the uppers said HELL NO!. doubt it would change for this season but the new man might have some pull.

only thing I can suggest is every day before you leave drop a suggestion in the box.

When was that? My info is about a week old..

last year every instructor suggested a park pass. and it was shot down within a minute. I think we put in over 30 suggestions and they said no. again with the new guy it might be a different story. I think though, that with transitions to the rails everything will be big and scary for the little runts and well we won't have to worry about it as much.

with transitions to the rails everything will be big and scary for the little runts and well we won't have to worry about it as much.

I think you underestimate the stupidity of children. Especially if we're running with the idea that a portion of the kids in the park are there because their parents are having a drink, in the condo, or told them to stay close. Mom and Dad are not actively on the mountain, and that brings out the highest form of stupidity in these kids.