MOST RECENT BLUE INFO

kmar2006

I am new here but It sounds like Atomicman is on the Blue payroll!

29506[/snapback]

:lol:lol:rofl:rofl

He's not on the payroll, but he is obsessed with the mountain. I've never had issues with the snow quality, although I usually ride at night, and have only ridden at blue starting in the morning. Certainly not a fair comparison. Blue's snowmaking is pretty impressive.

You can't compare Elk to Blue in terms of snow quality, because it's truely a different climate, but Blue does a good job, for what they have.  Blue is barely, if it even is considered it, in the Poconos.

29486[/snapback]

The Blue Mountain actually seperates Northampton and Lehigh Counties from Carbon County. The ski area lies just over the Carbon Co. Line which is considered the Poconos - barely.

Has anyone considered a pass to Shawnee Mt. For $249 it's affordable. As for the tower guns on Razor's, Shawnee has them on every trail and the snow quality is considerably better because of it.

I don't really care that much for shawnee, but thats just me. Otherwise its a great deal. I think thats the price for the buddy passes correct? I told blue they should offer buddy passes like that, but I doubt they will.

Jeff, e-mail blue and tell them to get buddy passes, lol.

I don't really care that much for shawnee, but thats just me. Otherwise its a great deal. I think thats the price for the buddy passes correct? I told blue they should offer buddy passes like that, but I doubt they will.

Jeff, e-mail blue and tell them to get buddy passes, lol.

29540[/snapback]

Yeah it's the Buddy Pass price.

please explain why blue needs to hire someone from out west to design their park? let kutzler and vasquez do it. they know what we all want. train them on how to use the groomers and let them build everything, or at least let them sit in with the people who are building everything now. them and the other park crew kids had some good ideas, but the retards who drive the groomers never build anything correctly, let alone maintain it. park crew cant fix something with a shovel and rake if it wasnt built right in the first place. the GM has told me things before too, and none of it happened. i was told there was going to be a rainbow box this year, but maybe thats just one of those rails tehy keep in the maintenance building instead of putting them out on the slopes.

please explain why blue needs to hire someone from out west to design their park? let kutzler and vasquez do it. they know what we all want. train them on how to use the groomers and let them build everything, or at least let them sit in with the people who are building everything now. them and the other park crew kids had some good ideas, but the retards who drive the groomers never build anything correctly, let alone maintain it. park crew cant fix something with a shovel and rake if it wasnt built right in the first place. the GM has told me things before too, and none of it happened. i was told there was going to be a rainbow box this year, but maybe thats just one of those rails tehy keep in the maintenance building instead of putting them out on the slopes.

29606[/snapback]

i totally agree with you justin let the park crew design the parks and let them maintain everything. show them how to use the groomers and such.

justin by chance do you kno chad rapchak and justin turner?

switch back is one of my favorite trails just because no one ever goes on it and you are almost garentted(sp) fresh tracks late into the day during the week and sometimes on the weekends to.

29533[/snapback]

Hey don't be glomin' on my run bud! :D Yes, It's the best on the mountian in my book. No one goes on it and I really like the contour of the run. you can really get up som egood speed. I really like the area where it opens up about 100yds below the old link to Main street. You can get great bank turn there.

Hey don't be glomin' on my run bud! :D Yes, It's the best on the mountian in my book. No one goes on it and I really like the contour of the run. you can really get up som egood speed.  I really like the area where it opens up about 100yds below the old link to Main street. You can get great bank turn there.

29617[/snapback]

switchback is one the best trail.i love to turns because with that first straightwayi can pick up a ton of speed and taking the first turn at a rather fast speed i love to put my hand down as i turn.its the greatest trail i think that blue has other then the terrian park

yeah i know justin and rat trap. but about the park. why would blue waste money paying someone from "out west" to design their park when they can't maintain the crap that they have? have park crew design it, let them maintain it, and save lots of money. and why does someone from out west automatically mean a good park? mt snow's parks were amazing this year, as were okemo's, and both of those mountains are on the east coast. to really give blue a kick in the balls though, bear creek, 45 minutes away, had a rediculously good park as everyone already knows, and they have half the vert that blue does.

yeah i know justin and rat trap. but about the park. why would blue waste money paying someone from "out west" to design their park when they can't maintain the crap that they have? have park crew design it, let them maintain it, and save lots of money. and why does someone from out west automatically mean a good park? mt snow's parks were amazing this year, as were okemo's, and both of those mountains are on the east coast. to really give blue a kick in the balls though, bear creek, 45 minutes away, had a rediculously good park as everyone already knows, and they have half the vert that blue does.

29649[/snapback]

yea when i went to bear creek last on pasr day the park looked pretty good.except for the fog and rain. but i would really like to get there one day when it isnt raining or anything.

rat trap never heard him called that before :confused

How much more do you really think it costs to have someone from out west come in and design a park rather than a pro here in the east? I think you're missing out on the marketing edge here. Blue can then advertise their park was done by a pro "out west" and name all the parks he worked on. Then all the park rats and hackers will want to come and see the park- get it? The money is in the pipe and the park, you don't need vert to have either, so that's why BC, Mountain Creek and other vertically challenged slopes have put so much $ into those two. You can attract all the hackers with minimum skill levels to the mountain and tap into a bucket load O'Money! No offense to you on this board who actually have some skills. If I were in my teens or early 20's I'd be out there too. I actually feel bad that with the improved park, you are getting an added bonus of hakers who will F'up the snow and clog your runs.

Edited by Finndog

east versus west was not my argument. west versus the current park crew was. the kids know what we want, they know how to build it, and definately would cost much less than some professional park designer from out west. if a park is good, its good; if its not, its not, thats all there is to it. it doesnt matter who designed it, as long as its fun to ride. bear creek is the prime example of this. they let their park crew actually have a say in what happens. boyer sits in the groomer when they cut the pipe to make sure its done right. little things like that obviously go a long way.

29606[/snapback]

have you ever operated pisten bully? our park operator is the best in the area guarnt. he wants to do other things the designs never get to him... he has over 16 years of experience... and i have driven park bullys and i know how hard it is,.. its not just pushing snow you cant comment on it til you drove it it takes alot of talent.. you doing something with both hands and feet at all times its not as easy as it looks...

29649[/snapback]

have the vert and 1/4 of size also means more help grooming everuything.. the park isnt all of blue mt.. you dont know how long it takes to groom 1,000 ft of trail.... let alonf have 4 groomers do it all in one night.. plus level out snowmaking by morning and groom that... and rebuild the park? you have to add that into mix

Does anyone know Dave Gruber over at Roundtop? Apparently he is available to put together a sick park as evidenced by the talent coming out of Roundtop.. He is a hands on guy and the park rats are sick (literally) over losing him to some apparent shenanigans.

kmar, so if he wants to do other things, then why doesnt he? and him wanting to do other things has no bearing on the fact that for the majority of the season last year, everything was built terribly. like i said, park crew cant fix what is already broken. also, i never said that the park crew kids HAD to be the ones driving the groomers, it was just a possible suggestion. they should, however, have a lot more say, and sit in with the groomers while they are building things, so that they can tell them if something has too much kick to the lip or not steep enough of a landing. i dont doubt that the head groomer knows how to use a groomer; the problem is that the sizes and shapes of the jumps are not up to par. you need more than 20 feet of landing for that jump that was at the top of sidewinder this year. ask anyone who rides the park on a regular basis and has some ability and they will tell you that the landing on that jump was rarely good. coherent sentences and thoughts are also a plus.

Ok, I was at the meeting today. The guy is not from out west, he is from up north. Nice guy, and seemed to know his shit. We talked about a LOT of things regarding terrain park and pipe. There are a lot changes that are going to be made over the next few seasons. Look for some stuff this season, and mabye some major stuff by next season. Almost every aspect of the current park/pipe setup will be changed in some way. There are a lot of challenges in designing a park on Sidewinder, it is just not a good layout. The bad news is we are stuck with Sidewinder, but the good news is that it will not look like it does for long. The pipe is not long for it's current position either. I may not be able to divulge anymore at this time. I am sure Kmar will get the scoop and fill in details anyway.