racers ready ?!?!?

mbike-ski

It wasn't Monday night race league, but me, johnnylaw, mbike, glenn, and thedude met up at Bear last night for some Wednesday night slalom.  Course was fun.  A little turnier at the top and straighter at the bottom made for a really fair and fun course.

Sounds excellent. I miss the team PASR updates. Must have been a cold night to be in your race suits.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 years later...
On 2/11/2016 at 10:26 AM, AtomicSkier said:

It wasn't Monday night race league, but me, johnnylaw, mbike, glenn, and thedude met up at Bear last night for some Wednesday night slalom.  Course was fun.  A little turnier at the top and straighter at the bottom made for a really fair and fun course.

bump for stoke!

https://www.wsj.com/articles/u-s-alpine-ski-racings-500-000-per-kid-problem-11645181642?mod=hp_listc_pos3

Interesting article about the state of ski racing in the US. 

"The total cost for a junior ski racing career can top $500,000, according to a 2019 survey by U.S. Ski & Snowboard of ski clubs, academies and colleges. That total includes everything from ski camps and academy tuition to more-specialized equipment and racing fees."

"Ski racing has never been cheap. But it was long accessible to people with more modest means and those who lived in or near mountain towns, said Steve Porino, an American former racer working as an NBC Olympics commentator. Now, racing in the U.S. is for one-percenters, he said."

• Thanks 1