Looks like snow

tnt

Hunter already replaced their high speed quad with a high speed six pack .

Good info.

But for completeness I think they did that capacity. The old high speed quad is now on the west side.

Can anyone tell me what the old metal frame was intended for at the bottom of the main st double?

Edited by tarponhead

Good info.

But for completeness I think they did that capacity. The old high speed quad is now on the west side.

Can anyone tell me what the old metal frame was intended for at the bottom of the main st double?

They intended to put a roof on it to protect from falling snow and ice from the power lines that scale across the mountain and over in that area. It never happened. But look up the next time you ride it and you will see what I mean.

Also, I can find no info online that the lift wasn't brand new when bought and installed...

I was under the impression that it was brand new.

No idea but both atomic Jeff and Johnny law said its used. Johnny law mentioned mad river something

If you look at skilifts.org lift installations it says nothing about either the quad or 6-pack being used. I have a master copy of the list in an Excel file. The list includes if any of the lifts were used. Used lifts are always listed where they came from and the "manufacturer" is listed as a broker, installer, or refitter in addition to the original manufacturer unless it is a "Frankelift". I don't think any refitters are doing detachable lifts. As mentioned by others, they are complicated machines.

I can't post a copy of the North American Ski Lift Survey as I promised that I wouldn't share it. For the doubters I may post the lines for the quad and 6-pack and some examples of used lifts that were re-installed. I'm heading to N. VT tomorrow so it wouldn't be until next week. But in any case, both lifts were new. I'm sure you could google some news articles from when they were installed that confirm that. "Someone" saying that the lifts were used just shows how rumors get started.

• Like 1

If you look at skilifts.org lift installations it says nothing about either the quad or 6-pack being used. I have a master copy of the list in an Excel file. The list includes if any of the lifts were used. Used lifts are always listed where they came from and the "manufacturer" is listed as a broker, installer, or refitter in addition to the original manufacturer unless it is a "Frankelift". I don't think any refitters are doing detachable lifts. As mentioned by others, they are complicated machines.

I can't post a copy of the North American Ski Lift Survey as I promised that I wouldn't share it. For the doubters I may post the lines for the quad and 6-pack and some examples of used lifts that were re-installed. I'm heading to N. VT tomorrow so it wouldn't be until next week. But in any case, both lifts were new. I'm sure you could google some news articles from when they were installed that confirm that. "Someone" saying that the lifts were used just shows how rumors get started.

The quad was definitely used, I know the guy that did the actual install with Mad River Lift and the engineering company who's name I can't remember.

The quad also has two piece towers which are illegal in PA with the exception of the grandfather clause.

• Like 1