Watchung 2-4-14

RootDKJ

I'm gonna add to this one. I rode blue yesterday morning and was feeling ambitious when I was done. Snow was still good so I took a nice tour of the fields around my parents house. No AT setup, so it was all hiking for me.

post-103-139165214698_thumb.jpg

Top of the first hike, looking down

post-103-139165230788_thumb.jpg

Small downhill, then a bit of traversing got me here, the top of a decent length downhill with some pitch

post-103-139165243214_thumb.jpg

Half an hour later, I reached the slope I had eyed up from the road. Got about 10-12 turns total, which started boot deep up top from some drifting and ended up about 4" deep by the bottom. No core shots, no rocks, overall some pretty good turns right in my backyard! Really makes me want to get a touring setup, but it's probably pretty rare I'd get to use it.

• Like 1

I'm gonna add to this one. I rode blue yesterday morning and was feeling ambitious when I was done. Snow was still good so I took a nice tour of the fields around my parents house. No AT setup, so it was all hiking for me.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1391652144.299864.jpg

Top of the first hike, looking down

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1391652305.270836.jpg

Small downhill, then a bit of traversing got me here, the top of a decent length downhill with some pitch

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1391652427.615905.jpg

Half an hour later, I reached the slope I had eyed up from the road. Got about 10-12 turns total, which started boot deep up top from some drifting and ended up about 4" deep by the bottom. No core shots, no rocks, overall some pretty good turns right in my backyard! Really makes me want to get a touring setup, but it's probably pretty rare I'd get to use it.

I have been eyeing up some big hills in a nature preserve near my house which has made me want a touring setup too. Since I dont have the cash, i ordered a pair of snowshoes yesterday that work with ski boots and i can strap my skis to my pack. Now that i made the order i'm sure it won't snow again this year.
  • Like 2