Best Mid Size SUV

poconoceancity

I've driven a bunch of stuff over the last 10 days and here's my short list:

2014 Dodge Durango RT and Citadel

2015 Ford Explorer Sport

2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit and Overland

2015 MB ML 350

All are in the 50-65K range and have adaptive cruise control, navigation and rear entertainment. I'm leaning towards the Jeep. It's the sportiest and probably would go through deep water, snow and over curbs the best.

Out of those go with the Jeep unless you need a 3rd row then go with the Ford.

Maybe check out the MDX if you haven't yet.  Excellent reliability and tech with a bunch of room inside and drives like car.

Just curious, why would you want a loan that long? I get it when your interest rate is 0, but if it's not, and you've got the money, why not just own it outright? I had a good interest rate on my subi, with a 5 year loan, but by putting half down and paying more than the minimum each month, I paid it off in 3 years and saved about 3k by doing so over the life of the loan.

• Like 2

I always put down as much needed to keep the payment around $500. I always pay off early also. I've never had a zero percent loan. If I get one I look at it as free money and might as well not put anything down. I'm hoping there are some deals to be had between Columbus Day and teachers convention when I plan on buying. I looked at an MDX yesterday it was nice, but I'm still favoring the jeep.

Just curious, why would you want a loan that long? I get it when your interest rate is 0, but if it's not, and you've got the money, why not just own it outright? I had a good interest rate on my subi, with a 5 year loan, but by putting half down and paying more than the minimum each month, I paid it off in 3 years and saved about 3k by doing so over the life of the loan.

With stupid low car loan interest rates your money is better off invested in something else at an easily much higher return.

• 1 month later...

Remember ben folds five?

Yeah I worked security at one of his concerts in college and got paid $30. Also did Maceo Parker...smelled like a skunk in that concert.

There was a ford explorer who we saved a spot for today at Blue. My friend Ben used to have a Ford explorer sport 2 door. Was probably like a 97 and it was pretty nice.

• 3 weeks later...