Best Mid Size SUV

poconoceancity

no those porches suck. ive driven one. for an suv its garbage. for a big sports car its ok. even then its still garbage.

just get the grand cherokee. things have definitely stepped into the luxury game.

if money really isnt a problem get a mercedes. glk or something

Uh no, Cayennes are great on and off road.

And get the hell out of here with the sex in the city GLK...lol.

Edited by burton71

I dont care burton....its a porsche suv lololol. I dont get the sex and the city reference.

And rr cost almost a grand to replace fancy valve stems. If pococity has money for those kinds of cars i dont think most people on here can offer more than opinions.

Get whatever you want.

And?  Porsche makes excellent cars...and their SUVs are no different.  It is by far the best on road SUV as far as driving dynamics go and it does plenty well off road.  I've owned two and have plenty of seat time in every other SUV in the class.  

The GLK was released along side and was in the Sex in the City movie.  It is built on the C Class platform...it is basically a small lifted C class wagon for soccer moms who need to drive on the grass or gravel driveway occasionally.

Burton71 knows he's a baller...I think he has a Lotus...

Sold the Lotus a while back as I just don't have time to track it anymore.  Been driving a TTS the past couple years.

Every time I look at a Porsche SUV I want to by a cayman instead. Probably not a good ski car for a family of 5.

With a rack on a Cayman you could get 2 people in the car, 1 in the front truck, 1 in the hatch, and 1 on the roof.  Not ideal but it could work.

The Audi SQ5 would be another fun option for a bit less.

• Like 1

With a rack on a Cayman you could get 2 people in the car, 1 in the front truck, 1 in the hatch, and 1 on the roof.  Not ideal but it could work.

The Audi SQ5 would be another fun option for a bit less.

I test drove the Q5 a few times.  It's a bit cramped in there.  It cornered better than the XC60 but overall comfort and turbos is better in the Volvo.

It has cameras that detect lanes, even road signs and adjust to changes in speed limit. Radar to detect cars in front and adjust the gap all the way down to zero mph. I wouldn't believe it if I hadn't experienced it. Google Audi adaptive cruise and watch the video it's amazing.

Our Subaru has the EyeSight system that uses two cameras on either side of the rear-view mirror to perform adaptive cruise control magic, amongst other feats.

It's a bit unnerving when you first use it, as you want to put your foot on the brake but then it kicks in and all is good.

Unfortunately you still have to steer the car, but with driverless cars already out in road testing it won't be very long before they too are on the market.

Definitely makes you a tad nervous coming up on a car really quickly than you see the little brake light up on the dash. It does suck though if you were cruising along at a good clip than end up riding behind someone who is going slower.....the car adapts to their speed and before you know it....you just spent 15 minutes going 55 when all you could have done is pass the slow mufuggah and get back to cruising along......lol

I've driven a bunch of stuff over the last 10 days and here's my short list:

2014 Dodge Durango RT and Citadel

2015 Ford Explorer Sport

2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit and Overland

2015 MB ML 350

All are in the 50-65K range and have adaptive cruise control, navigation and rear entertainment. I'm leaning towards the Jeep. It's the sportiest and probably would go through deep water, snow and over curbs the best.

It all changed in the last couple of years. Chevy and ford are producing fewer Tahoes, suburbans and expeditions, so the prices are high and don't drop as quick. They also come equipped with tons of new tech that pushes the starting price of 50 to well over 60. 2015 escalades are 80k.