new ticket pricing structure

Ski2Live Live2Ski

I think most places are heading in this direction with pricing. Before I had kids and season passes I would get in 30 days at 10 plus different places. Usually just buying 4 hour passes. Who would ski bell to bell in the pokes?

I've only ever skied bell to bell at frost or bear at the end of the season when they closed at 4, and most times it was bebecause it was end of season and I was getting as much in as possible or that I was just having a good time.

Yeah, I don't love that.

As a family we often ski 8:30- 3:30/4:00 if conditions are good.  With the kids, you know, lunch takes 45 minutes, and some one needs the bathroom now and then, and yadda yadda....

Driving 1:30 each way to ski 6 hours...

• Like 1

Can't they just buy a second 6 hour pass?

In my opinion 6 hours is plenty of time to ski...I don't think many people will be mad or care about this.

I see the previous open to close pass as giving people too many opportunities to resell their tickets in the parking lot. With the six hour pass most will stay at least 4-5 hours so will likely be less tickets being resold and transferred.

Can't they just buy a second 6 hour pass?

In my opinion 6 hours is plenty of time to ski...I don't think many people will be mad or care about this.

I see the previous open to close pass as giving people too many opportunities to resell their tickets in the parking lot. With the six hour pass most will stay at least 4-5 hours so will likely be less tickets being resold and transferred.

Not that realistic reselling one of these RFID tix to begin with as you can't tell by looking that it is still valid

• Like 1

Yeah at double the price it used to be and every where else.  Fuck them.

Blues management has always been out of touch.

Not that realistic reselling one of these RFID tix to begin with as you can't tell by looking that it is still valid

TP4 was telling me he often used to sell expires RFID tickets to people to teach them a lesson...the lesson being don't buy a ticket from someone in the parking lot go to the ticket office. He was actually helping Blue mountain!!!

They don't gain much I think it's more that they won't be selling morning or afternoon tickets anymore so people can show up at 10 or 11am and just get a 6 hour ticket vs waiting till noon for an afternoon pass. Doesn't matter to me. Some businesses just like making changing. I'm not big on change but my boss cant sit still and always wants to rearrange things.

Not that I would ever ski more, but I really don't see what they gain by limiting people to 6 hours. If anything it will get people to spend less time taking a break to eat and drink, which is not in their interest.

Yep, its a pretty damn stupid step up they way they have it.

If they were smart they would have an all day pass for a reasonable price and then a flex 4 or 6 hour pass to use whenever you want.

Probably going to scratch Blue off the list this year unless I score some vouchers.  Definitely not going to pay $110 for a mid week day trip.

Edited by burton71

Burton71 I thought u were rich and isn't six hours enough time for Blue? I'd think with slumming it at bear creek you'd hit Blue every chance you got.

Some days its enough...others it isn't.  I wouldn't say I'm rich but I do OK for myself...mostly by not paying double the price for what things are worth.

I usually hit up Blue once or twice a season for a mid week open until about 5pm session and then once or twice for weekend morning sessions before the stupid crowds show up.  I'll probably hit the weekend sessions but the mid week is out at the price they want.  $110 + lunch and bar tab would probably be close to my season pass price...fuck that.