Sunday 11/23 report...nice snow..warming up..day #2

GrilledSteezeSandwich

Crazy weather....

then is't gonna be like 15 Wednesday night I think....

I hope feel justified in opening early, because that was a ton of fun - hope it was worth the effort and melted snow for them....should pay off in getting the valley side opened sooner I suppose.  Looks like they had snow all the way down that lower terrain park, and tuts lane was ready....wonder if they have been blowing on paradise yet.

Web cams are down.  Anyone know how they did in the rain?

Cams are up.

This will slow them down, shit another good week and they would have been near fully open.

Whatever all of Nov is bonus time and they'll be back into blowing temps at night Thurs.

Edited by Johnny Law

it's all about the baste....I mean base  ;)

Wow just wow...

Quality over quantity.

Yup opposite of bear creek where they'll get the whole place open in 3 days but the first warm spell they're bare.

FWIW Guitar I want the Holderness family to adopt me!!!!

Did I notice 'Blue Mountain Ale' on tap at the outside bar?  Any good?

Prob PBR

Today was exceptional.  Pulled into the lot at 7:20, so I made it there in an hour and 5 minutes. My previous record was 65 minutes.  #Winning.  

Booted up with the most Atomic of skiers, the most grilled steeze of sandwiches, and the toastiest of toasts.

The snow was tremendous from the get go.  It was like skiing on a pool table.  As the day went on, the mountain got a little chewed up, but that's standard.  Around 9:30, we ran down Lazy. The Real Kevin Thomas chopped me pretty hard, and I got a ton of snow over my goggles.   I cleared it, then hit the final turn.  Some monstrosity on skis then barreled into me and put me into the trees.  Fun times.

I then tried to take a cool down run on Main St, but I ate it right at the bottom.  Apparently went Tubby McTubberson sent me a-flyin', my left boot was completely unbuckled.  I never saw it under my shockingly high priced pants.  My dignity went away years ago anyway.  Off to parking lot beers.

We were out there for several hours.  We met GSS's friends, Matt and Matt.  Two solid dudes.  MB Mike hung out with his son, which was fun.  TP4 and VT Mark showed up, but GSS never introduced them because he's rude.  

Great day all around.  Hope to see you jerks next weekend.

you need to do more TR's.  shockingly high priced pants....lol lol lol

• Like 1

I don't think more crowded...it's no longer opening anymore so that novelty has worn off..camelback is open and alot of people have out of town thanksgiving plans. Aside from opening day Blue is never crowded before XMAS. This is nice a few weeks of nice uncrowded skiing on tap!!!

And no BMR racers yet!!!!!

I'm guess it will be the same terrain till the following weekend depending on temperatures. Six pack for first weekend in December would be pretty nice.

• Like 1

JFskiDan how was BB yesterday?

The snow was great, there just wasnt enough of it, like to open Boulder trail.  i didnt bother with freedom since the 2 trails are completly disconnected.  They had whales on BB and Bunny schuss.  Hopefully Peak sees how Blue produced a pretty wicked opening day, 2 days after they opened Freedom.  I dont think anyone is really out to beat BB in the "open first in PA" category, although Blue probably could have opened something dinky the same day as Boulder.