12/14..warm

GrilledSteezeSandwich

And why were you riding the Main Street chair Sunday when the six pack was running. I can honestly say that once the six pack is open I only ride the Main Street chair once or twice all season. Usually on a powder day when I want to hit the too of Widowmaker.

This...one of the poker players at the bar last night asked me if I'd been skiing yet and I said yeah 9 times so far and his jaw dropped...funny cause I feel like I'm slacking since I haven't had a ton of desire for night skiing..he said he saw that Blue had 18 runs open and I said its more like 3 lol.

I'm looking forward to taking off Thursday and hopefully the snow sets up Wednesday night. I need fast snow...the snow this past weekend was slllloooowwww.

The lines on the 6 pack seems a little longer than the mainstream chair, at least when I hit it.  Plus, bombing down homestrentch run out in that slush wasn't that much fun.

Though tut's lane was kind of fast!  Never thought of that as a trail before....

Man wish I didn't have to work all week.. really cramping my style

Call in sick. Take a vacation day..whatever. I haven't taken a day off since the summer. Next week I'm only working Monday and the following week I think maybe 2.5 days. I don't know about all of y'all but I'm dreaming of a white Kwanzaa!!!!

The lines on the 6 pack seems a little longer than the mainstream chair, at least when I hit it.  Plus, bombing down homestrentch run out in that slush wasn't that much fun.

Though tut's lane was kind of fast!  Never thought of that as a trail before....

Tuts lane is a blue run. When I first skied Blue in 1991 and got off the vista chair I saw tuts lane for the first time and it looked freaking sweet. Tuts lane to lazy to the falls to homestretch is a pretty fun run for early season. I don't like having to cut all the way to homestretch from Main Street...I prefer taking the lower park or Central Park back to the six pack after skiing Main Street or switchback or Burma but those runs aren't open. Nothing worse that entering homestretch from the shuttle at almost zero speed with people whizzing by from the falls. #EarlySeasonBlueMountainProblems

• Like 1

Yeah started a new job over the summer so I have to wait til Jan.to start riding midweek.

Hopefully ill get 3 days in while I'm in the Adirondacks over xmas.

There is a sweet little local mt that is reopening on the 20th called Big Tupper cant beat it for a 25$ day.

Run by volunteer staff and natural snow only and its 5 min from where we stay.

yeah, I was happy to yoyo main street most of the morning.  Bumps and corn snow gave me a work out and was pretty fun.

I only did the bumps once on Sunday but Main Street a few times...takes some legs to straight run the chop on the lower part of Main Street. I hope they let the bumps get really big. I really dislike breaking in the new seeds.

Yeah started a new job over the summer so I have to wait til Jan.to start riding midweek.

Hopefully ill get 3 days in while I'm in the Adirondacks over xmas.

There is a sweet little local mt that is reopening on the 20th called Big Tupper cant beat it for a 25$ day.

Run by volunteer staff and natural snow only and its 5 min from where we stay.

Nice are you doing two days at Whiteface and one day at Big Tupper? I've heard of Big Tupper, Warp Daddy from AlpineZone used to ski there quite a bit. How's the natural snowpack up there??? I saw pictures from this morning at Stowe which is probably only 50-60 miles as the crow flys from the adirondacks and all the trees are still snow covered.

Thinking one big day at WF with my cousins so I can get some real riding in. Then 2 days at BT wanna get runs in with my family and teach them how to ride and ski there.

BT is great, hit that all through college until they closed down, they have been trying to reopen that mountain for over 8 yrs at least. Basically same snow that Lake Placid gets Tupper Lake gets as well.

Definitely get pow days up there after a dump and since its way north of Gore Mt (about 70-80min) its not crowded. Also Its a real locals only vibe up there with super cool friendly people. Just like Blue but in the Adirondacks. Ill up photos when I'm there so you can see what your missing ;)

Sabba where did you go to college? I think Saint Lawrence is up there. I just saw their website. 1151 vert..that's nice of you to wanna help family ski. I have a friend who's a casual snowboarder who wants to go with me and I keep putting him off. I just don't wanna be bothered by skiing with noobs.

Definitely post a report with pictures!!!

I don't think the middle part of Jack Frost is 600 vert..driving to Vermont for one day of skiing is pretty hardcore. I've done it before a few times. I don't think I'm going anywhere except Washington DC between now and when I go to Jackson Hole in late January but I kind of wanna get back to Stowe and Sugarbush.

Frost is unique in its own right. You don't go to frost for the runs. You go for the off piste / elevator type stuff. If you're comparing frost to blue based on trails then that's not fair. What frost offers is something different all together. 600 vert isn't bad when you're skiing top to bottom trees.

Sabba where did you go to college? I think Saint Lawrence is up there. I just saw their website. 1151 vert..that's nice of you to wanna help family ski. I have a friend who's a casual snowboarder who wants to go with me and I keep putting him off. I just don't wanna be bothered by skiing with noobs.

Definitely post a report with pictures!!!

Went to college here in NJ my friend was up there at Paul Smiths which is right in the middle of WF and BT. Were talking many moons ago at this point. I've probably been working longer than I have been out of college. That last storm really helped get the snow totals up in Northern NY and they usually get lake effect snow too over there. I'm hoping to get one more day at blue this weekend before I pack it in and head up.

When it's warm, it can be a pain to get down the the 6-pack and Tut's has nothing interesting.With all that, it's about the same time to ride Main Street chair to get back to top of Barney's.

Indiggio I know you like to session the Main Street chair. It's interesting to hear about how people ski Blue.

• Like 1

Indiggio I know you like to session the Main Street chair. It's interesting to hear about how people ski Blue.

Once they open the lower park, it's not nearly as bad.

However, it can be a pain to get to the VIP line when it's insanely crowded.

Need a hard butt and steel calves to ride the doubles for an entire day though.

No, not enough crowd to warrant it.There was definitely plenty of lift capacity for the crowds this past weekend.I don't think I waited more than 1 or 2 deep the entire time I was there on either the doubles or the 6-pack.

Ok I remember TNT saying it was like a 10-15 minute wait for the Main Street chair on Sunday which I find hard to believe.

Ok I remember TNT saying it was like a 10-15 minute wait for the Main Street chair on Sunday which I find hard to believe.

Yeah, there was a little wait at like...9:30?  then it was nearly ski-on.  But then around 11 it started building.  From 11:30 to 12:15 I'd call it 10.  Maybe a little less or more, I don't know...it was long enough for me to decide I'd had enough.

It might have fallen off again though because when I walked through the summit lodge at 12:30 it was empty.