12/14..warm

GrilledSteezeSandwich

Hey all,

I'm back from another fun session at Blu mountain the true mountain. I arrived at the lower lot at 7:35AM and the temperature was in the upper 30s under mostly cloudy sky's. paradise and lazy were nice right from the start along with upper Main Street. Since the snow didnt set up overnight it was almost instant spring conditions. The bumps were reseeded and were alright for a little exercise. Lower Main Street was rough. Today I definitely spent more time in the parking lot than on the slopes. In the house was Atomic Jeff, toast, justo, Ryan, rose, vTMark, TP4, MattEdge, Terry and his buddy. Was a fun session

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Like 1

I was there from 8:30 - 12:30.  Was planning to take my youngest to JF but it didn't pan out, so I took a quick solo trip.  Got a little slushy toward the end there and the chair line was getting long from around 11 on. 

But pretty fun morning.  Nice and soft.  And main street started getting moguls further down.  The bumps were super fun.

There were two guys on skinny skis tearing up the bumps - was that anyone here?

Actually, saw quite a few skinny skis today....

• Like 1

I'll be in Motown Philly. No longer hungover or farty. When I woke up from nap at 630pm I had no idea what day it was or what dimension I was in. Coolest story ever.

Lets hope they can blow snow this week. Not that cold out right now. Snow was melting today.

I like and hate waking up like that.

Crap.

Without the six pack and paradise, lines would have been long Sunday morning...though I guess a lot of people would have stayed home....

but we a few cold nights, they should be able to get Homestretch patched up.  Paradise seemd to have a good enough base to survive.

We'll see.....I'm think JF Saturday...hope they survive the rain.

I don't know TNT seemed like mostly season passholders this past weekend. I think with marginal snowmaking weather beginning tomorrow night they'll be able to keep their existing terrain open. The fact that the past three nights in a row have not gone below freezing is really hurting them..

TNT is it hard to ski the short runs and use the slow lifts at Jack Frost after skiing Blue mountain??

Paradise and homestretch don't have much snow. I've never seen Paradise open with so little base.

Rode last night.

Good -> FAST, empty, mad comfortable

Bad-> Patrolers were doing weird hand holding shit on paradise, snow was very choppy with those weird blue mtn piles, bottom of main st was incredibly rowdy, boot top deep piles of sugar 2" from very firm hardpack

Lazy was decent, Paradise was decent the rest was about like this

Temps are good from here on out, some progress should be made by next Monday.

Wens low 27

Thurs 26

Fri 25

Sat 28

Sun 22 !!!

I don't know TNT seemed like mostly season passholders this past weekend. I think with marginal snowmaking weather beginning tomorrow night they'll be able to keep their existing terrain open. The fact that the past three nights in a row have not gone below freezing is really hurting them..

TNT is it hard to ski the short runs and use the slow lifts at Jack Frost after skiing Blue mountain??

Paradise and homestretch don't have much snow. I've never seen Paradise open with so little base.

Huh.  I guess I only skied paradise once sunday, but it looked like it had a decent base to me.  

re: the short runs...well, yeah, but in the peak of the season, when Blue has 20 minute lines from 9:30 am on, JF is a great choice for us.  Short lines, crowd spreads out nicely, East mountain is usually pretty empty, couple of runs through the trees, such as they are....It's kind of fun there. 

600 vert. compared to main streets 800?  Plus 1000 vert' paradise run?  Yeah, I guess that's significant and maybe we'll switch gears saturday since both are likely to be empty.  Though I have to say, even sunday, but the time I left around 12:30, main street was turning into 10-15 min.  Maybe it slacked off again later....

Honestly, with no crowds, Blue is the best mountain within 2 hours of our house by far.  But I get frustrated by the crowds and trail congestion with the family.  

What I'd prefer to do is head to southern Vt. Friday night, ski saturday at Okemo or Snow, drive home Sat. night, but I've got not traction for that plan.

I don't think the middle part of Jack Frost is 600 vert..driving to Vermont for one day of skiing is pretty hardcore. I've done it before a few times. I don't think I'm going anywhere except Washington DC between now and when I go to Jackson Hole in late January but I kind of wanna get back to Stowe and Sugarbush.

And why were you riding the Main Street chair Sunday when the six pack was running. I can honestly say that once the six pack is open I only ride the Main Street chair once or twice all season. Usually on a powder day when I want to hit the too of Widowmaker.

Paradise was great on Saturday...Pretty empty too considering it was the first weekend with the valley and six pack running. Guess people are just waiting for more terrain to be open before paying full price lifts.

This...one of the poker players at the bar last night asked me if I'd been skiing yet and I said yeah 9 times so far and his jaw dropped...funny cause I feel like I'm slacking since I haven't had a ton of desire for night skiing..he said he saw that Blue had 18 runs open and I said its more like 3 lol.

I'm looking forward to taking off Thursday and hopefully the snow sets up Wednesday night. I need fast snow...the snow this past weekend was slllloooowwww.

yeah man widow maker what a fun short little run. Im surprised that I have gotten any days in before I head up to Whiteface next week.

There running about 50% open now. Hoping this weekend is good weather needs to hold out so we can a little more coverage on Home Stretch.

Going to be signing up my son for riding lessons at Blue wants to hang up the skis already. He is in for a world of pain... :) Nothing tougher than the first day not like skiing.

Good deal too 2hr lessons midweek if I yank him out of school.