Great news for people who like long sessions at Blue!!!

GrilledSteezeSandwich

That's a smarter way.. I bet people weren't even thinking about going inside to eat, which probably lowered the amount of egg and cheese's and burger sales. This give the people the chance to enjoy the day at their leisure. I know that I wasn't looking forward to taking my 5 year old to learn with clock looming over my head. Thank you Blue :)

I wonder if beer is part of that food voucher.  Knowing Blue that will be a different kind of ticket...you'll need the 9.3 hour easy flex beer voucher online reload only ticket for that.

Haha you're such a blue hater. Voucher says for food..I doubt it's for alcohol. Maybe soda though.

It's super smart cause the $15 food voucher costs them a out $5 tops and might get people into the lodge to buy stuff at the ski shop. I'm looking forward to when the Slopeside grille opens after XMAS. It will be nice for blue to finally have a sit down restaurant. Their upper lodge cafeteria setup is so slow but better food than lower lodge which is much faster.

Barb must've been going over the numbers and they're probably down even for being open so early...

I'm sure they are down compared to last year at this time since the six pack opened a week earlier last season and we didnt have all that early rain and warmth but I mainly think its from all the FB complaints.

I never realized people put in such long sessions but most aren't there several times a week.

The cooler crowd will not be happy. They could care less about the food voucher. All they see is that $75 lift ticket and that'll probably turn a lot of them away which means phillycore will be extra busy with lessons this year.

What's jackson frost charging these days?

I just saw that bear creek only offers a 4 hour and all day pass.

Good for Phillycore. I hope Jackson frost is jam

Packed with people taking lessons.

jack was 52  for weekends, not suer if it was full or discount, as I used discount 

but I never pay that usually I pay either 26.50

or I use the website/other discounts gets me between 30-42  for day 8-4 at jf, 12-9 at bb, and that includes BB if you feel like driving the 10 miles and paying the 2.00 in tolls for pay road

Edited by larrytbull

Oh my bad yeah $65 is for weekdays...yeah $75 on weekends. There were hundreds of complaints on Facebook.

tnt where is the new upstairs bar at Blue?? In all my time skiing Blue I've bought one jack and coke there..pond skimming 2007

Upstairs, on the far side of the food area.  

Bar is sectioned off a little by some high bar tables.

Looked nice.  As does the outside bar up there.  Fire pits, outdoor bar seating, wings and burgers....they did a nice job.

Yeah, I'm in the cooler crowd for sure.  Packing lunch with the family saves a tone of money, but more importantly, it's better food and FASTER than yet another line to stand in....

I don't know...I'm pretty happy - you can re-load or buy online and get 8 hours instead of 6, or do the all day and get 15 back in food....

Sure, it's still an expensive ticket, but it is the best terrain south of Elk, and the Summit lodge pretty nice...and hey, whatever I think about it, the place is jam packed every weekend starting Jan. so clearly the demand warrants a higher price.

Upstairs, on the far side of the food area.

Bar is sectioned off a little by some high bar tables.

Looked nice. As does the outside bar up there. Fire pits, outdoor bar seating, wings and burgers....they did a nice job.

Nice I didn't even know there was a new bar at Blue..

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

What's the cooler crowd again??? I only buy food at Blue a few times a season. The last time in the upper lodge there was a solid 10 people in each food line and I was getting toasty with my ski gear still on. I don't trust leaving my stuff unattended at a table cause alot of thefts happen up there. The 10% food discount for season passholders is nice. Also I had a bacon cheeseburger from the lower lodge once last year and while it was $8..$7.20 after discount is was surprisingly good and I think a 1/2 pound patty..at Chilis I can get a much better burger for about $10 with fries but I wasn't at Chilis. I wish the waffle haus or coffe shop at the base opened at 730a

Oh wait cooler like people who bring coolers. Do u get a locker for it or leave in car??

pretty sure there's probably some dumb LCB law prohibiting that in PA.

This!!! The PA liquor control board is strict. Bars are limited to the hours of happy hours..no beer specials after midnight..and wegmans can't sell beer before 8am on a weekday or Saturday and 9am on a Sunday. What's so wrong about buying beer at 7am. SMHerman

Alot of ski lodges prohibit brown bagging. I think alot of Asians who bring crockpots and lodge moms would be mad at that.