Jackson hole stoke thread 2015...

GrilledSteezeSandwich

At parents house...cab scheduled to take me to the airport at 830am but now my flight is delayed more than 2 hours...Atomic Jeff said that flight could become undelayed. That happened to me once on southwest so looks like I'm gonna be at DC airport for like 4 hours. Happy happy joy joy and now probably get into newark around rush hour vs mid day. Woo. Next year my big ski trip is gonna be to Hunter mountain. It's steeper than jackson hole anyway.

• Like 2

Diet wasnt gonna start until my first full day home. Salad works for dinner tomorrow. Anyway maybe hit Clinton station diner on way home if bad rush hour traffic to let traffic clear. I'm back. Young male passenger blew up at off duty flight attendant I call it semi assault as he pushed her chair hard. I don't think he's gonna be allowed on his next flight. I'll explain more later.

Can't wait to smoke some pineapple kush. Longest break from that in years.

I'm gonna start with the Good, The Bad and the Ugly...I'll add some things over the next few days...some will probably sound like first world problems...

The Good: Flying 65+mph down Amphitheater after first gondola with absolutely nobody on the run

The Bar: The couple days where mid mountain fog turned that into slow and deliberate turns

The Ugly: Only one in 7 days with powder on that first run

The Good: Bacon egg and cheese bagel sangs with fresh squeezed OJ from Pearl Street bagels to start the day

The Bad: Free breakfast at the 49er..

The Ugly: slipping on the iciest streets and sidewalks to retrieve breakfast. Jackson doesn't use salt

The Good: Seeing and talking to people on the bus from last season.

The Bad: warm ass bus in ski boots and ski clothes everyday

The Ugly: seeing the gapers on the bus struggle with their equipment..gosh

The Good: warm enough to wear polo shirts as my heavy layer each day

The Bad: warm enough to wear polo shirts as my heavy layer each day.

The ugly: toothpaste stain on dark blue polo shirt I wore the last three days.

The Good: dinner at Nanis pasta house

The Bad: the fact that cute waitress flirted with Atomic Jeff more than me(a first)

The Ugly: when waitress said she was from New York City I said oh that's where the salsa that isn't that good comes from and she didnt get the obscure 20 year old commercial cause was probably 3 years old then.

More to come....

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Like 1

No directs from LVI to SLC, went through ORD.

When I go to Colorado in the spring I'll likely do southwest again through Newark mainly cause its cheap and direct and no baggage fees. The great thing about travelling with atomic Jeff is no baggage fees on united. Saved me about $600 over the years. Plus special tags.

• Like 1

Good: nobody in the middle seat on Jackson to Denver flight

Bad: took 48 hours to get from Denver to Newark

Ugly: people who sit next to me on planes and read a newspaper and elbow me every time they read the plane.

Good: now there are nachos served at lunch at the mangy moose

Bad: they aren't as good as they used to be

Ugly: Atomic Jeffs reaction when I asked for guacamole on the side

Good: The town bus from Teton village to Jackson roomy and convenient.

Bad: the European folk music the one bus driver with the mini mullet played.

Ugly: skibum moustaches and other various dirtbags. Remember in Jackson hole the male female ratio is 57:1 so you don't get a girlfriend you get a turn.

Good: Beer at mangy moose, beer in bus, beer in hotel room, jack Daniels in hotel room, mango margarita at the Wort, Jeff's 22 ounce beer for only $8 at four seasons..beer at Snake River brew pub..wine at Nanis pasta house and pizzeria caldera..hennessey at Nanis pasta house espresso martini at Nanis pasta house..

Bad: nothing had to say about 60 ounce pitchers of medium test beer served by JH 8+ chicks where you can ski to the door or an award winning brew pub a 5 minute walk from the 49er or a gourmet liquor store 4'minutes away

Ugly: drunk bros making animal noises among leaders of industry and professionals on holiday and their children.

Good: friendly locals

Bad: no unfriendly locals as there wasnt any deep powder so they were all in hibernation mode

Ugly: weirdo maintenance man at the 49er...nursing a single 50'pound bag of salt for the entire winter for a several acre property...

IGood: getting lots of sleep and not getting wasted late night at bars saved $$$

Bad: Montana Tom didn't come down he's broke and the $115 a day lift ticket combined with little new snow and zero ski days so far this season had his enthusiasm for Jackson at stoke stomper lows

Ugly: waking up at 3am every morning because I went to bed so early

e Good: only taking 4 hours to get to Jackson hole

Bad: taking 50 hours to get home...

Ugly: checking my bags three times three days in a row..wearing same boxers all three days(only clean pair left)...did have three fresh shirts...middle seat Denver to Washington DC between two men larger than me...at least economy plus for leg room..

Bivoac

Good: bumped and groomed...edgable chalk steepest groomer around...steep bumps..using gapers as gates at the entrance before

charging the fall line

Bad: woods were too solid and skied off to charge

Ugly: the fourth run in a row on Bivoac the last day when me and Atomic Jeff were chasing aggro snowboarder in cape and another boarder ate complete shit on the steeper lower section and then later on rendevous trail boarder in cape ate shit after atomic Jeff passed him.