Jackson hole stoke thread 2015...

GrilledSteezeSandwich

First date in 7 years! Congrats that it's with a dude!

I probably have a date next week with one of my karaoke groupies...no Adam's apple..no facial hair..hopefully by the fifth date I'll confirm that she also doesn't have a cock

Boompost-512-0-84444900-1422482939_thumb.jpg

Yes...but it was directed towards JohnnyLaw ;)

Sickbird

• Like 1

January 28th 2015...Day 4 of 7

Hey All,

Well we got some snow...3-4" which was nice but not enough to cover the variable conditions in the ungroomed areas. Me and Atomic Jeff actually had second civilian gondola as a snowboarder jumped into the one in front of us. There were probably 100 wallets who hired $750 a day guides who were on the slopes before us so plenty of tracks on the main routes but still alot of untracked. First run down amphitheater and I made some nice turns and atomic Jeff just disappeared wow just wow he skis fast on powder woo...boom. Up thunder and down Grand where we took a few pictures..up Sublette and we could see dozens of people coming down every single way. I think the fact that Jackson hole has received double as much snow as Pow mow has something to do with it. They must have grown tired of meadow skipping and were at Jackson hole mountain resort skiing the steeps SMH shaking my Herman.

We went down Bivoac and rendevous trail which was chowder and went all the way over to Casper lift and skied five untracked runs in a row through the stash park...mmmm a little slice of heaven wahahahahooey...then doodled in some woods I skied right over a hole now I know how Jackson got its name. The couple inches of new meant that there were snow snakes lurking so had to be careful. Did some more Casper action then over to Après Vous got some fresh next to the race course. Was not really loving how many people were out today and how fast shit got skied off so went back to town and had lunch at Bubbas...

The end.

• Like 1

Just had supper at Nanis pasta house...was good..waitress was pretty cute from Staten Island and only been here four months so she's still friendly. Had wine, hennessey and espresso martini. Gave a 30% tip..not easy being a hot girl in Jackson hole with althletic 1%ers trying to date you...post-512-0-24327500-1422504502_thumb.jpg

This bus is rediculous today. The old days of getting three seats for two people are over. Hot some snowboarder with arms wide open next to me...warm as fuck roasting. At least 15 people standing including fat dude(only person fatter than me in Jackson hole) standing with his 170 length volky 724s..luckily he has a handy dandy strap to keep his skis together. He must be a gaper cause he has my same helmet. Report says 3" new but that's since yesterday's 6am report. Mostly cloudy temperatures in the teens. I can't wait to get off this cramped bud and spread out. #JacksonHoleProblems.

This bus is rediculous today. The old days of getting three seats for two people are over. Hot some snowboarder with arms wide open next to me...warm as fuck roasting. At least 15 people standing including fat dude(only person fatter than me in Jackson hole) standing with his 170 length volky 724s..luckily he has a handy dandy strap to keep his skis together. He must be a gaper cause he has my same helmet. Report says 3" new but that's since yesterday's 6am report. Mostly cloudy temperatures in the teens. I can't wait to get off this cramped bud and spread out. #JacksonHoleProblems.

Ski town buses are such a mixed bag, one will do 10mph from SLC up the canyon but on the way home now the dude is doing 80......also many people smell.....

Day 5 of 7...January 29, 2015

We took the 8am bus up to the hill filled with ski club goobers. Once again first in line for the gondola and we were joined by an interesting charecter who's lived here since 1989...he had custom made skis, paraglides, is a helicopter pilot and works for Pepi Steigers ski shop...we were joined in the first civilian gondola cabin by a man who recently retired from 31 years working for the mountain resort..interesting charecter and he talked about all kinds of things including a marijuana breath spray..first run on amphitheater to the thunder lift started off good until we skied into pea soup fog..woo skiing by Braille...spicy. Up Thunder and Laramie bowl was rough not very good crustier than a French baguette. I skied cheyanne bowl and Atomic Jeff Bivoac and both weren't that good, kind of slick and a little leftover powish type snow in the troughs...

One thing I think I mentioned before is that Jackson hole has been more crowded this season than any other year and I typically go this same week. An incredible amount of ski club groups and lower level skiers..incredible to see such a solid amount of people ready for opening bell along with so many wallets going up early in lessons or with guides. Back to the skiing. We skied back to the sublette quad then skied Rendevous trail which was not very good..equivalent to a bad day at blue..they did a poor job grooming..then we went all the way across south pass traverse and skied the last 1500 vert or so of Gros Verte which was pretty bad not that smooth kind of slick...up Teewinot up après Vous down the race run which wasn't that good over to Casper lift up Casper and wow was that area crowded...woo..Atomic Jeff was having boot issues so after a run in the Casper area we went into the Casper lodge which at only 10:45 was packed...which atomic Jeff put an insert in his boots I bought a Gatorade and soft pretzel and senior citizens were bitching about not getting a discount on a $3 hot chocolate. 10% discount would give them a 30 cent discount. Wow just wow. Then two people complained their hot chocolate wasn't strong enough I have jack Daniels in the room they could have added..SMH shaking my Herman.

After a quick snack back on the slopes we decided to try Moran woods and they were pretty bad.:crusty not that good it was warm two days ago then snowed then it all set up. Moran showed us that the Hobacks were gonna be a no go today unless we had a death wish and trust me even if the hobbers were covered on 2" of glaze ice they'd still be open. Then up Casper a third time over to thunder where I saw a paraglider floating through the sky..up thunder interesting conversation with a lady from San francisco n and we also shared the lift with a gaper rocking circa 1990 salomen rear entry boots and an old ass Columbia jacket a bugaboo with a zip in fleece that is some gangstah shit. Down grand which looked ok but was pretty bad almost boilerplate with some mini cookies. Up sublette down Bivoac I actually found a little leftover fresh in the woods skied left back to sublette up sublette again and I skied the same run and atomic Jeff skied about 200 yards to the right of me in the woods then a long run down rendevous trail to south pass traverse and down substance gully which was craptastic to the mangy moose for two pitchers of Pacos IPA chili and nachos..now on the bus back to town James Taylor playing on the radio more old fogey music which this town is known for. James Taylor is definitely good music to listen to if you wanna cut yourself...anyway two more ski days...hopefully no fog and a little warmer tomorrow and the groomers don't take lessons from Blue mountain...JADIP!!!

• Like 1

Looking forward to a strong dinner TR tonite.

You want a TR from last nights dinner??? Since atomic Jeff is like super elite status on united airlines I save $120 on baggage plus have flown first class like 7 times and go to hang in the united lounge where they have orange juice and Danishes on demand...in exchange I buy him a nice dinner each year in Jackson hole so we went to Nanis pasta house.

We had a nice bottle of red wine, not atomic Jeff's first choice..Antipasto platter with two kinds of meat, cheese, pesto, peppers and olives...I had homemade pasta with a veal and beef ragu, eggplant, cheese tossed with a little bit of love. Atomic Jeff had some sort of pasta with their homemade sausage plus we got a side of sausage cause we are sausage lovers..who isn't. Atomic Jeff had chocolate mousse with raspberry sauce and whipped cream for dessert and I had an espresso martini..then waitress who was pretty friendly with us cause she likely never met anybody cooler than is insisted we get shots so I ordered Hennessey and she asked how I wanted it and I said in a glass lol and atomic Jeff had some port.

Oh you guys wants a breakfast TR as well???

After dropping $200 on dinner last night I skipped the bagel place and got the free breakfast..had hot chocolate, two hard boiled eggs, three sausage patties, and a cinamon Danish. Also had orange juice and a banana back in the room..then I pooped..wasn't a good poop and now I'm feeling farty.

Alta Chutes today?

Paintbrush is the gnarliest terrain we've skied so far this trip..quite a bit of exposure...

• Like 2

I always get Jackson Pepi confused with Vail Pepi............also Alta Chutes I don't remember being as steep as the little area down from Tower 3 called Mushroom Patch or something......

Paintbrush is the gnarliest terrain we've skied so far this trip..quite a bit of exposure...

Paintbrush is the one skier's right from Tower 3 where they had a slide awhile back ?

I always get Jackson Pepi confused with Vail Pepi............also Alta Chutes I don't remember being as steep as the little area down from Tower 3 called Mushroom Patch or something......

Who is Pepi?? Sounds like that dirty Sanchez dude with the poop Moustache wahahaha

Paintbrush is the one skier's right from Tower 3 where they had a slide awhile back ?

Here's a picture I found of paintbrush and I know someone died on that run a few years ago...the actually terrain and steepness isn't that crazy..it's the multiple cliff areas..a little sign and rope that says caution cliff area isn't gonna stop you if you fall and slide. It's north facing so generally good snow... post-512-0-53983800-1422570041_thumb.jpg

Here's a picture I found of paintbrush and I know someone died on that run a few years ago...the actually terrain and steepness isn't that crazy..it's the multiple cliff areas..a little sign and rope that says caution cliff area isn't gonna stop you if you fall and slide. It's north facing so generally good snow... post-512-0-53983800-1422570041_thumb.jpg