Jackson hole stoke thread 2015...

GrilledSteezeSandwich

Only 26 more days and I'll be checking into the 49er. Leaving for Jackson hole January 24th returning February 1st. So far 170" of snow and there's a 70" base. Unfortunately a tree well death yesterday in the village.

http://jacksonhole.media/2014/12/skier-fatally-injured-jackson-hole-mountain-resort/

Any other PASRs gonna be in jackson hole that week besides Atomic Jeff?

The good news is that we're not worrying about open terrain, as they're already 100%.  When we went with NSJay, the Hobacks opened the day before we arrived.  Pretty much the worst conditions I've ever seen them in.  It was manky, unconsolidated snow.  With light pole pressure, you'd hit ground 3+ feet down.  I'd say Saratoga Bowl has been 50/50 on our last few trips.  Now...it just needs to snow while we're there...like it did this past week.

12-28-powder-wide.jpg

• Like 1

How many pages on this thread until you guys actually get to JH? At least 3 for a trip down memory lane chockful of GSS freakish recounting of stats and dates, at least 2 pages of food, sweaty balls and weight jokes and some previous trip picture stoke should eat up another 1/2 page. Closer to departure, there will be a page of weather forecasts and images. Then a half page of asshattery banter the day before departure, followed by a half page of flight nightmares, who gets to fly first class and what the peanut to real nut ratio is in the little airline snacks. So about 5-6 pages of pre TR fluffage, sounds about right?

Highlights to look forward to:

GSS doing or saying something awkard and embarassing AJ.

Bubba's and Pearl Street bagel reviews.

Snake River brewery stoke.

A mind numbing daily recount of every single inch of trail skied.

AJ drinking a flute of champagne slopeside.

GSS ready to pass out by 1PM.

general fartiness.

• Like 9

• 3 weeks later...

Only 4 more days till JH...they received another 20" over the weekend bringing their season total to 232". I talked to my Montana friend and he said that he doesn't know if he's coming down this year. I guess he's pretty broke, has t even skied yet this season but still plans on buying a bridger bowl pass...and his uncle is dying and night die this week and he'd go back to Boston for the funeral. Oh well it is what it is. While its nice to see Tom and party with him, I end up spending alot more money when he's there and lose alot of sleep and some skiing as he's pokey.

Travelers Checks lol is this 1997...I try to do things like 95% cash...helps me keep better track of my spending. I prob won't even spend a G..maybe with airport parking. I save about $200 if my friend Tom doesn't come down as I usually pay for a couple dinners and go bad hopping more. Honestly I don't spend much more in Jackson hole then my regular Allentown lyfe. No thirsty karaoke groupies there.

I'm hoping the potential storm Saturday doesn't affect out departure.