awful amount of rocks exposed at camelback

larrytbull

Went there yesterday for mt dew challenge, and OMG.  It's like they mixed rocks with he snow they were blowing.  The park hard Fist size rocks mixed in with snow littered almost fully across the trail, the entire length.

The regular trails and lower area were mixed with the "ash" type of gravel.  I have never seen so many rocks.  The base was so thin in parts, there were people slipping on the exposed plastic covering the water park features.

was at blue, JF, and BB this week, and none of them had rocks in the snow

done with my rant

People still ski at Camelback??? The place is terrible. I hope Blue can stay open longer than then again this year so I don't have to go there.

I snowboard, so I can't really comment on how well they ski there, :P

place was packed liked sardines, lift lines longer than blue at weekends.  not my first or second choice.  Just went there because of vert challenge. my kid was sick the day they had it at JF.

if i go there again this season (i may only because of my pocono ride and ski card), I will surely bring my rock board, as I know it will get trashed.

It's a shame, because they had a decent park that had features for all skill levels

What is the vert challenge???

it's a family friendly race, they set up a course down a blue run. they time each person and competition is done by age group/discipline (ski/snowboard)  (male/female)

the winner gets a medal and ability to compete in finals

Open to all ages.  they give a way off a bunch of stuff the raffle was for some MT Dew Snowboards, coats, gloves, coolers full  of stuff.

and it costs nothing to enter.

http://www.skiverticalchallenge.com/

has more info

There's just way too much going on a CB. Every time I'm there I feel like skiing is just another thing. Skiing should be the only thing to do but that's probably why I could never run a resort. Trails aren't horrible (Pharoah and that double black trail are fun, can't remember the name) but most of it gets old quick, it's crowded and there is way too much trash under the lifts. Oh then there's that roller coaster thing.

Edited by RidgeRacer

They either dusted most of the trails last night or did some creative grooming.  Saw no rocks today except for the park trail Lower Moore's Ramble. 

They were blowing snow all day today from the mounted fan cannons on the trail that had the Mt Dew Challenge yesterday. The gravel at the Glen lift, lift line was gone.