Mountain Creek?

tnt

When it isn't crowded it is a fun mountain.  Snow is usually good.  Only a couple steeps, but some nice long fun blue cruisers and an excellent park.  When they get a bunch of snow there are some really fun trees on Granite Peak if you know where to find them.

Cabriolet is annoying because they cram a shit load people on it.

What's bad about the Cabriolet?? Root was complaining about it.

They make you take your skis off and on like it's a gondola, but it's open to the out doors so you stay cold, you have to stand the whole way so your legs don't get a rest, and they cram a lot of people onto the thing. It's like somebody thought of taking the worst part of every way of getting up the mountain and bolting them together into this thing.

I honestly might prefer a surface lift to this contraption

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski
  • Like 1

And the only trail there as challenging as quite a few runs at Blue is the one double black Pipeline, which only has an 850' vertical and is on the middle peak Granite Peak, which is the one that is open least often (since you can only enter the resort via the two other peaks). It was almost always groomed when I last frequented the place, but it is quite steep. At least if you are skiing Pipeline you avoid the Cabriolet. But skiing the same run over and over gets a bit old.

I skied there a good bit when I lived 45 minutes away from it in North Jersey as anywhere else with comparable vertical was at least twice as far, but have not been back since. Even with their $89-99 triple ticket deals I have seen, it's not worth it. 

If you like skiing/riding park they have a whole peak devoted to that, with no Cabriloet, so it's great for that sort of thing. But that's something I only do occasionally.

My dad learned to ski there when it was Vernon Valley/Great Gorge...I always wanted to visit action park as a kid. Some of their rides and slides were apparently rowdy.

I went to Action Park a few times, it was a death trap!

There's stories all over the Internet about how dangerous the place was.

They had the Cannonball Loop which was pretty wicked and also I believe a 90' water slide that sent you into freefall until you finally got near the bottom when it started flattening out.

Needless to say it gave you the most wicked wedgie you ever had.

• Like 1

I went to Action Park a few times, it was a death trap!

There's stories all over the Internet about how dangerous the place was.

They had the Cannonball Loop which was pretty wicked and also I believe a 90' water slide that sent you into freefall until you finally got near the bottom when it started flattening out.

Needless to say it gave you the most wicked wedgie you ever had.

I used to work there in the summers when I was in high school.  Place was a death trap...but awesome lol.  Probably every 20 minutes someone would come off the alpine slide bleeding.  People would get broke off on the rope swing by not going out far enough.  And bikini tops would pop off left and right on the water slides.  So many great memories lol.

• Like 2

I used to work there in the summers when I was in high school.  Place was a death trap...but awesome lol.  Probably every 20 minutes someone would come off the alpine slide bleeding.  People would get broke off on the rope swing by not going out far enough.  And bikini tops would pop off left and right on the water slides.  So many great memories lol.

depending who, this doesn't sound too bad. could be pretty tragic though....

• Like 1