Anybody ever ski Revelstoke???

GrilledSteezeSandwich

I assume this relates to AJ's text ?

I've never been but have researched it extensively because I really really want to go.

Positives - Long runs, outside of one thaw a year very good snow, excellent cat and heli options on site, not very crowded

Cons - Due to the way it was developed almost two separate hills, not easy to go from the top to the valley, it's a real estate venture so no real town or skiing culture like say Red mtn

Let's go, interior BC is sweet....

• Like 2

except its a huge mountain with increbible skiing that 99.95% of us will never see, not a depressed rural hell hole that's got a solid base of snow, getting more, and you can get there right now on distilled sunlight.Plus, Canada is a neighbor.

Keepin it realz.

Edited by moe ghoul

i guess i have a different vision of living conditions than most on here.  i was in south philadelphia last night and was jealous of the people who get to live there.  IMO the city of Philadelphia is the only good place to live in PA, the rest of this state fucking sucks.  hell, chester county is pretty expensive.  even a 1 bedroom in fucking coatesville is like $800/month smh

You want noise, bright lights, loud music and lots of social interaction opportunities. That's cool, that's why I moved to Philly after college. 30 years later, I'm kinda done with it. Yeah, rent is too damn high.

http://abc13.com/realestate/rent-is-too-damn-high-candidate-faces-eviction/495610/

i guess i have a different vision of living conditions than most on here.  i was in south philadelphia last night and was jealous of the people who get to live there.  IMO the city of Philadelphia is the only good place to live in PA, the rest of this state fucking sucks.  hell, chester county is pretty expensive.  even a 1 bedroom in fucking coatesville is like $800/month smh

You should come experience Reading.....lol

Yo you can buy a massive three story full block row home in Reading for like 10k.....I've thought about it but my wife loves the burbs...

trust me ive looked at reading for housing, its still a possibility.  rent is cheap as fuck there.  the main places ive looked for apartments is Philly, Coatesville, and Reading.  philly is where i would love to live, but the traffic on the School-Kill Expressway is a nightmare, if i could keep the commute to under an hour, id move there in a minute.  reading is ideal because rent is literally half of anywhere in chester county.  i cant believe how high coatesville rent is

My wife works in Coatesville, lots of people want to live there now for some reason and Sikorsky is blowing up so the market is a little tight for PA.

Is $800 alot for a one bedroom??? I'm sure Revelstoke has enough food options at the base?

Chill on the Reading talk...hearing about reading and Coatesville and Philly makes me happy I live in Allentown where I'm close to blue, things are cheap and aside from rush hour on route 22 not much traffic.

i would live in north, south or west philly where its possible to find one bedrooms for under $700.  i dont understand why people park in garages when there is always free parking to be found on the street.  $20 is cheap as hell for a parking garage in center city

You know TP4 you go to college and get a good job so you don't have to live in the hood. Most of the parking near my friends is 2 hour parking costs $4 for two hours and the parking wars people come out at 8am except Sundays.

I like living in residential areas(non suburbs) right outside a city. Where I live I can walk into Allentown and have all the things I need within a few miles. I don't like paying for parking. Heck my parking at Newark will prob be almost $150 and I'm in an outside lot cheaper than most.

Chill on the Reading talk...

In 1733, the site of present day Reading was chosen. It was set at the intersection of two great valleys, the east Penn-Lebanon Valley and the Schuylkill river. This site was known as Finney's Ford until 1743 when Thomas Lawrence, a Penn Land agent, made the first attempt at the layout for Reading.

In 1748, the town was laid out by Thomas and Richard Penn, the sons of William Penn. The name was chosen after Penn's own county seat, Reading, in Berkshire, England. In 1752, Reading became the county seat of Berks county.

During the French and Indian war, Reading became a military base for a chain of forts along the Blue Mountains. The local iron industry, by the time of the Revolution had a total production that exceeded that of England, a production that would help supply Washington's troops with weapons including cannons, rifles and ammunition. During the early period of the war, Reading was again a depot for military supply. Hessian prisoners from the battle of Trenton were also detained here. Reading bore it's appropriate burden during many wars including the Civil War and World War II.

The Early part of the 19th century witnessed the great turnpike and canal era, succeeded by the building of the Reading Railroad, radiating in all directions from the City of Reading. The construction of the railroad was probably the single greatest factor in the development of Berks county.

Agriculture is an important industry in Berks County...the largest and finest farms are in the southern part of the county. Berks ranks 3rd among all Pennsylvania counties in cash receipts from agriculture which total $73.9 million. Income derived from dairy production is $29.3 million; field and forage crops $25.7 million; poultry $10.2 million and meat animals $8.7 million.

Reading has 7 letters in it and Revelstoke has 10.  since revelstoke is in the pacific timezone (im guessing it is, i could be totally wrong), when it is 10 o clock in Reading it is 7 o clock in Revelstoke.  Coincidence or conspiracy?  Im leaning toward conspiracy

they're places I have about a 0% chance of visiting any time soon.

when i was 10 or 11 we played in a baseball tournament outside of reading, but one of the fields was right in the heart of some Mexican neighborhood in Reading.  the umpire made a couple of bad calls against our team, and the local Mexicans took notice.  next thing you know they were threatening the umpire and cursing at him from behind the backstop.  for the rest of the game all the close calls went our way

All of Reading is a Mexican neighborhood, they are fine mostly.

I just can't figure out why we don't have better tacos.....

tex-mex chinese restaurants are fucking awesome.  tacos, egg rolls, and fried wontons all from the same place

Wow that sounds awesome. I like Chilis..I could swim in a vat of their salsa and their hamburger sangwiches aren't bad. You give a $4 tip on a $16 tab and you might get your knob slobbed..just don't give a large tip to a dude working there I learned my lesson the hard way..bahahaha wow

chilis has my all time favorite desert, the molten lava cake.  it just beat out Pizzeria Uno's deep dish chocolate chip sundae

chilis has my all time favorite desert, the molten lava cake.  it just beat out Pizzeria Uno's deep dish chocolate chip sundae

I wish we had a pizzeria UNO..I like their thin crust bacon cheddar tomato pizza pie...people who don't eat at chain restaurants are losers...at least go to Bonerfish and eat some bang bang shrimp..my mom is a bang bang shrimp whore..I always have to remind her that she's rich and that she can get two orders for the table so she doesn't have to ration them off. She'll ask before we order how many bang bang shrimp everybody is planning to eat..this isn't communist Russia