Camelback 3/28 (last ski of the year)

Mess

Drove up to Stroudsburg Holiday Inn Express on Sunday night.  My son was excited to go for a swim but the heater was not working in the pool or hot tub.  We were upgraded to a king suite with a jacuzzi.($103).  Next morning started off with a nice continental breakfast.  Warm Cinnamon roll was delicious and disgusting at the same time.  Had trouble looking at myself in the mirror after eating it.

Arrived at Camelback at 9:30.  Lot was empty.  I was glad that they didn't try to charge $20 for the reserved parking lot.  I have never seen Camelback this empty.  It was awesome when you don't have to wait in line all day.  

Powder day in late march.  First 2 runs were king tut.  I was struggling on the fresh powder as it was very sticky.  I think my extra weight was sinking me into the snow.  My wife and son were loving floating down the mountain.  I knew I had to get on something a little steeper.  We worked out way to the other side of the mountain.  My wife and son took Nile mile and I hit cliffhanger.  This was the run of the day.  Snow was perfect and fast.  I stopped on the side of the trail to watch my family come down nile mile.  Cliffhanger was so good that I had to do it again as the others went back to the main lodge.  

While they were in the lodge I i took a run down Marjories delight.  Once again a fun run with great conditions.  The hardest part of the trail was at near the lift as the weather warmed up it started to get slushy.  

After a break in the empty lodge we went back out for a few more runs.  I went down Asp and almost had a fall when I hit a huge ice spot.  We then made our across cleopatra to pocono raceway.  We had to cut across the terrain park and get enough speed to get over a 2-3 foot lip onto the trail.  My son did not get enough speed and got stuck.  I popped off my skis to help him over.  He was disappointed with himself that he didn't get over the lip.  His spirits lifted when I fell and slid about 10 feet trying to get my skis on while on an incline.  Pocono raceway had the best conditions of any blue on the mountain.  We took 1 more run down Pharaoh to pocono raceway.  At this point our legs were done.

On the way home we stopped at the Loft.  My wife bought a Northface Jacket for $119 and a turtle fur gaiter. This is a good sign that she will be invested in another great season next year.

This was probably my best season.  Two trips to Vermont plus great times with my son and daughter.

post-5190-0-56980200-1427904975_thumb.jpg

post-5190-0-89754200-1427904989_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

Nice report...and why was cinnamon roll disgusting??? My dad stayed at the holiday inn express the last time he visited Allentown and stole three of them and brought them into work. I believe they are just mini Cinnabons

Saturday was a powder day at camelback??? Wow just wow. Do you have fat skis?

• 8 months later...