JFskiDan

Cold start, but not real windy so it turned out to be a pretty comfortable session.  Pretty nice conditions today, or at least on 75% of each trail.  seems like each trail had its own kind of weird quirk.  NM/DW was real nice except for one really slick spot right in the middle of the trail, and even though i knew about where it was, i always ended up gravitating right towards it.  Razors was sweet, except for the middle of the first 1/3 which was cookied up pretty good, and a few random snow boulders to avoid just below the razorback cut off.  They mowed down the bumps on Challenge, which i'm a fan of, but again the first 1/3 of challenge was pretty chunky.  That seemed to be the theme for most trails, cookies were avoidable, so overall conditions were good.  Trees by lazy and main street where pretty nice, wish they would open some more up, but i give them props for blowing in the trees like they did.  Pre boot up i dropped off a pair of skis at the shop to get tuned.  i got them tuned up pre-season, but they have been trying to kill me every time i skied them....just super twitchy and wanted to knock me over anytime i put them on an edge.  The Blue tune straightened all that out, and they feel great.   

Pic.  

post-1753-0-17572300-1455311413_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Cold start, but not real windy so it turned out to be a pretty comfortable session. Pretty nice conditions today, or at least on 75% of each trail. seems like each trail had its own kind of weird quirk. NM/DW was real nice except for one really slick spot right in the middle of the trail, and even though i knew about where it was, i always ended up gravitating right towards it. Razors was sweet, except for the middle of the first 1/3 which was cookied up pretty good, and a few random snow boulders to avoid just below the razorback cut off. They mowed down the bumps on Challenge, which i'm a fan of, but again the first 1/3 of challenge was pretty chunky. That seemed to be the theme for most trails, cookies were avoidable, so overall conditions were good. Trees by lazy and main street where pretty nice, wish they would open some more up, but i give them props for blowing in the trees like they did. Pre boot up i dropped off a pair of skis at the shop to get tuned. i got them tuned up pre-season, but they have been trying to kill me every time i skied them....just super twitchy and wanted to knock me over anytime i put them on an edge. The Blue tune straightened all that out, and they feel great.

Pic.

attachicon.gifIMG_2291.JPG

Glad you got that tune straightened out!

hahhah ain't that always the way....when you get to the bottom of a trail like say main st and the whole thing was good your at least for a second semi-amazed......blue tuning is actually pretty good, they just put them on the machine so I mean that's pretty hard to screw up

i had a discussion about these skis with Jeff, who suggested i get them tuned while in Utah, which i thought was a good idea, but the downfall to that plan is lugging a ski all the way out to Utah, that even after tuned may still want to try to kill me.  Internet turned up that Blue has a pretty decent set up for tuning, and the reviews were good.  I figured the only thing i had to lose was the cost of a tune.  They told me my skis were "pretty jacked up".  i would definitely use them again.  

$50

Use your season pass....$45.  

• Like 2

Yeah, blue's saving grace on tunes is the quick turn around. Dropped a pair off at D&Q Monday night and they said they'd be done in a week, but the dude who runs their backshop is the wintersteiger tech for the region, and they're a little cheaper than blue. Blue had been hit or miss. Make sure they actually run your skis over the diamond stone and don't just do a base grind without structuring the bases.