Real time report, 3/5/16

enjoralas

Slept in, arrived at the lower lot 840. No idea where yinz park but late arrival means I'm out on the second layer. On the snow by 850. Took the 6 up, first run Lazy to Falls. Nice snow, hard but not icy. Smooth enough to have a nice solid run. Back up and going to run down Paradise.

I don't seem to have permission to edit my posts, so will have to make new entries:

Paradise was good, conditions just like Lazy with a bit more loose snow on the top layer. Bottom half had some small cookies but nothing detrimental. On the quad now headed back up for Nightmare to Dreamweaver.

Nightmare to Dreamweaver was very nice. Great conditions. Headed back up on the six with the attention to ski over to do Switchback. On the way up decided to hell with it, let's try challenge. Seems like it's getting a little skied off, and since it was my first time on there I took it pretty slow. Went down once when I got off the side of the trail into the soft snow. Got back up and finish the run.

Back up on the six (probably going to avoid the quad) and skied over to switch back. Had a good run down switchback lots of loose powder, some scraped off spots, probably where the powder came from, lol. Once it joined Main Street seemed like there were a lot of cookies.

On the main street chair now, going to hit widow maker. Can't believe I stayed away from the pow this long .

Widowmaker was fun. You PASRers must have been through and skied it off, only ankle deep powder instead of knee deep. Took Midway over to the bottom half of Burma. Burma Road is a goddamned death trap. Piles of shit everywhere. Piles of snow too. Got taken out by a beginner that couldn't decide if she wanted to use the whole trail or just half. No collision though, just me going down when I avoided her.

Headed back up the Burma Chair, I think Lazy to Falls then call it a morning.

Rotd was easily the first run down Razors.... It's like butta baby....not no parkay, not no margarine...strickly butta...

Loved the conditions this am....much better than expected, however the twit's were out in full force this am.

Addendum to the PASR journal of gnarledge

T.W.I.T. --- Trail Whores In Training

An individual who manages the accomplishment of skiing or riding more area on a trail horizontally than they do vertically.

This differentiates from a Trail Whore as a T.W.I.T. has not quite learned what a fall line is.

Rotd was easily the first run down Razors.... It's like butta baby....not no parkay, not no margarine...strickly butta...

Loved the conditions this am....much better than expected, however the twit's were out in full force this am.

Addendum to the PASR journal of gnarledge

T.W.I.T. --- Trail Whores In Training

An individual who manages the accomplishment of skiing or riding more area on a trail horizontally than they do vertically.

This differentiates from a Trail Whore as a T.W.I.T. has not quite learned what a fall line is.

I get it, I still use a lot of the trail as I'm getting used to the more advanced terrain. But I try to stay aware of what's going on around me too. If I'm going down a trail that I know I need to traverse back and forth quite a bit, I wait to drop in until I see no one coming. I check behind periodically and if there are multiple people coming, I'll pull up and let them pass. Most importantly, I try to stay consistent with how much of the trail I am covering, and always leave part that I'm not hitting so people can read that and get by.

This chick on Burma was going full width back and forth so I timed it up to make a pass on her right after she turned back to the left. Inexplicably she turned back the right after going not quite halfway across and cut right back in front of me. I slammed on the brakes and lost the left ski, fell on my left knee. Not a bad fall, but annoyed as shit.

I don't think I'm quite ready for Razors. Probably wasn't ready for Challenge today either, but it was early enough that it wasn't crowded, and wasn't all cut up yet so I figured I'd give it a go. I'm pretty pleased with the way I made it down. Heck, couple of snowboarders at the same time popped the boards off and were walking down in the brush, so at least it wasn't *that* bad.

Although, kudos to them for knowing their limits and getting down safe

I get it, I still use a lot of the trail as I'm getting used to the more advanced terrain. But I try to stay aware of what's going on around me too. If I'm going down a trail that I know I need to traverse back and forth quite a bit, I wait to drop in until I see no one coming. I check behind periodically and if there are multiple people coming, I'll pull up and let them pass. Most importantly, I try to stay consistent with how much of the trail I am covering, and always leave part that I'm not hitting so people can read that and get by.

This chick on Burma was going full width back and forth so I timed it up to make a pass on her right after she turned back to the left. Inexplicably she turned back the right after going not quite halfway across and cut right back in front of me. I slammed on the brakes and lost the left ski, fell on my left knee. Not a bad fall, but annoyed as shit.

I don't think I'm quite ready for Razors. Probably wasn't ready for Challenge today either, but it was early enough that it wasn't crowded, and wasn't all cut up yet so I figured I'd give it a go. I'm pretty pleased with the way I made it down. Heck, couple of snowboarders at the same time popped the boards off and were walking down in the brush, so at least it wasn't *that* bad.

Although, kudos to them for knowing their limits and getting down safe

We all started off at one point or another.... It's those who travel completely horizontal and make random turns in random directions without any reason or pattern that everyone doesn't like. Nothing like going for the pass at high speed on the trails edge and having no real estate to work with when someone who is 20 yards ahead decides to suddenly jaunt over.

If you're going to trail whore it up no matter what your level of skiing is at least make an S, big S, little S, medium sized S, Noone cares but make a damn S lol.....

FUCK....I'll accept a fucked up Z...or in Doug's case an I

• Like 1

We all started off at one point or another.... It's those who travel completely horizontal and make random turns in random directions without any reason or pattern that everyone doesn't like. Nothing like going for the pass at high speed on the trails edge and having no real estate to work with when someone who is 20 yards ahead decides to suddenly jaunt over.

If you're going to trail whore it up no matter what your level of skiing is at least make an S, big S, little S, medium sized S, Noone cares but make a damn S lol.....

FUCK....I'll accept a fucked up Z...or in Doug's case an I

Yeah. Coming to a stop to avoid that chick today I'm pretty sure I made an ampersand.

• Like 1

I feel conditions on Razors are generally better. Challenge always full of golf balls.

The snowguns on razors are more modern.

I still can't believe how perfect the first two runs on razors were today. Ended with two razors and two nightmare to dreamweaver a and a switchback by 840am...everything after that was gravy.

My least favorite trail at Blue is probably Burma. Always sugar piles, people wiping out everywhere. Boarders sitting down across the trail. Prolly only been down it twice this season.

This. I have not been on Burma in the last two seasons. Would make a good skier-cross trail though
  • Like 1