3/6....still winter.

I feel once you have some of the basics down, private lessons help improve things if your having an issue. Unfortunately major $$$. Then the tip. The resort should pay ski instructors more. 

Not today.. Prolly not tomorrow either. 80 degrees, yuck.

I like the 80 degrees was so nice skiing in a polo shirt and no gloves yesterday and snow was surprisingly fast until the bottom. It's cause they're down to the hard base snow now. Not every year we are lucky enough to still have skiing with such high temperatures so I have to take advantage of it. If I didn't ski today I'd feel guilty and I gotta be out there while the sun is still out. I need my vitamin D...

I feel once you have some of the basics down, private lessons help improve things if your having an issue. Unfortunately major $$$. Then the tip. The resort should pay ski instructors more.

Not today.. Prolly not tomorrow either. 80 degrees, yuck.

The exploitation game is strong. Over $100 for a private and instructors paid $9 to $15/hr. It's unreal. Even have to buy the jacket/vest. At least they covered the cost of the FBI clearance we have to go through now because of Sandusky.

The exploitation game is strong. Over $100 for a private and instructors paid $9 to $15/hr. It's unreal. Even have to buy the jacket/vest. At least they covered the cost of the FBI clearance we have to go through now because of Sandusky.

Yeah if kids don't behave you aren't allowed to spank them anymore. Thanks Jerry lol. I'm lucky that I was never good looking enough as a kid to get molested.

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

PSIA teaches you that people learn differently, and people that go the PSIA route prefer to learn that way. I learned to race by watching youtube videos of pro ski racers and I've seen pretty good results for never having gone through PSIA or a race program. I learned to ski bumps trial by error. There is no right way to learn. I focus on the result, not the mechanics. I don't care that my right hand wasn't positioned in the correct place. I care that I fucking crushed that last gate in the fastest way possible.

'Dude, I realize that PSIA is one way to decent skiing, but you have to acknowledge it's not the only way, or necessarily the best way.

This is what I don't get. Who said it was?

All of you need to stop projecting your introspective bullshit into this discussion because it's completely unwarranted.

Do I need to explicitly say ski the way you want? Or define skiing your own way? Or that I really don't give two shits if you hate PSIA? It's misinformation that's the problem in this thread.

All of you need to stop projecting your introspective bullshit into this discussion because it's completely unwarranted.

Do I need to explicitly say ski the way you want? Or define skiing your own way? Or that I really don't give two shits if you hate PSIA? It's misinformation that's the problem in this thread.

Hey this is my thread and I appreciate introspective bullshit!!! All I said was speed is your friend in spring snow..atomic Jeff agrees with me and he's probably the best skier on PASR.

post-512-0-90543000-1457538905_thumb.gifpost-512-0-35288000-1457538940_thumb.jpeg

Hey this is my thread and I appreciate introspective bullshit!!! All I said was speed is your friend in spring snow..atomic Jeff agrees with me and he's probably the best skier on PASR.

The adults are talking again, Doug. Please be quiet.

By responding to Doug's post about "speed is good in spring skiing" with PSIA acronyms is you saying PSIA is right, and Doug is wrong.

FWIW, I'm with Doug...speed is key in spring shit.

Simply put, that advice could get noobs hurt.

Mama isn't a noob. Also was talking with my friend who's white and has a black kid and she said my comment about sucking a black dick is not racist.

Oh and she also said black dicks are ugly and that she would never suck one again unless he was a millionaire lol

Of course.  But speed is what separates the noobs from the best skiers on the mountain.  Slow in the race course or fast in the race course?  What's better?  Even in moguls comps, speed matters.  As speed build, skiing becomes more effortless, aka easier. 

It could get anyone hurt, really but especially noobs. The key in crud stance, alignment, balance, and ability to steer.

and if you have all that....speed. 

Of course. But speed is what separates the noobs from the best skiers on the mountain. Slow in the race course or fast in the race course? What's better? Even in moguls comps, speed matters. As speed build, skiing becomes more effortless, aka easier.

and if you have all that....speed.

Either you are trolling me or I thought much higher of you than I should have...

No, speed doesn't make you a good skier, lol.

The adults are talking again, Doug. Please be quiet.

Projecting bullshit ?

hahahahahahhah kettle meet pot your black...........apparently you've forgotten two weeks ago and the whole widow maker dealio

Edited by Johnny Law
  • Like 2

Projecting bullshit ?

hahahahahahhah kettle meet pot your black...........

you started this shit for no fucking reason. You.

You gonna explain to me how correcting terrible advise is the same as telling anyone what skiing should mean to them? Please do. You go on these ridiculous diatribes that had nothing to do with what actually was said and simply impose your beliefs about what PSIA is and isn't and ... Let me tell you... Your beliefs on the matter are based on extremely limited knowledge.

you started this shit for no fucking reason. You.

You gonna explain to me how correcting terrible advise is the same as telling anyone what skiing should mean to them? Please do. You go on these ridiculous diatribes that had nothing to do with what actually was said and simply impose your beliefs about what PSIA is and isn't and ... Let me tell you... Your beliefs on the matter are based on extremely limited knowledge.

hahahahahah

Are you fucking serious ?

I've been nothing but nice to you, I like skiing with you, when you got into it about widowmaker and wanted to bounce I talked you off the ledge.

Doug shared his opinion, you shared yours and I shared mine then you got all bent out of shape because we don't agree on the finer points of PSIA. Whoopdefuckingdo

By the way  the absolute best proof that it's a fucking religion is that you've been bleating like a goat for the last 5 pages about it. I said its a path not the path, I said they are good to excellent but there are other ways to get there, hardly a condemnation of the institution and you can't shut up about putting words in your mouth and extolling the virtues of the dewey decimal system or whatever.

I don't really care about PSIA or spring snow but my mind is blown that you think you get to determine if I started shit for no reason.

Who the fuck are you ? 

Seriously so what if I did, so what if I didn't ?

By the way fucktard my sister was PSIA for a decade, my cousin was level 2, I went on their nov trips to killy with him, my uncle was PSIA for 30 fucking years. I met Joel Munn a PSIA board member from Vail a couple years back at an Obermeyer party for my sisters shop and said the same shit to him I said to you and he didn't get his panties in a twist.

So we disagree wow who the fuck cares......

hahahahahah

Are you fucking serious ?

I've been nothing but nice to you, I like skiing with you, when you got into it about widowmaker and wanted to bounce I talked you off the ledge.

Doug shared his opinion, you shared yours and I shared mine then you got all bent out of shape because we don't agree on the finer points of PSIA. Whoopdefuckingdo

By the way the absolute best proof that it's a fucking religion is that you've been bleating like a goat for the last 5 pages about it. I said its a path not the path, I said they are good to excellent but there are other ways to get there, hardly a condemnation of the institution and you can't shut up about putting words in your mouth and extolling the virtues of the dewey decimal system or whatever.

I don't really care about PSIA or spring snow but my mind is blown that you think you get to determine if I started shit for no reason.

Who the fuck are you ?

Seriously so what if I did, so what if I didn't ?

By the way fucktard my sister was PSIA for a decade, my cousin was level 2, I went on their nov trips to killy with him, my uncle was PSIA for 30 fucking years. I met Joel Munn a PSIA board member from Vail a couple years back at an Obermeyer party for my sisters shop and said the same shit to him I said to you and he didn't get his panties in a twist.

So we disagree wow who the fuck cares......

What in the actual fuck has gotten into you?

Are you gonna do this every time I correct Dougs bad advice?

Jesus...