PSA — another Blue "Sweet Deal" today

enjoralas

• 3 months later...

Short notice, but this deal is on again today at 9am, just over 20 minutes from now. 

Remember, they go quick. Minutes. Suggest being signed up and logged in before 9am. Don't dawdle once they are in your cart, they're not yours until you checkout.

http://www.sweetdealscumulus.com/deal/allentown/blue-mountain-ski-resort-13

Yea i have nustreams card. A buddy of mine had his site done by them and honestly i wasnt all that impressed but they seem worth a shot for sure.

Search engine optimization only works if you have some type of web presence no? I have a fb and a crap lead service which is hogging my money; but its subsiting me. Plus i dont have money or the desire to take out a loan. 2k$ for a web/marketing step up? Not possible

A website and ads seem to be the next step. along with more legit leads from the actual window assoc.

The corporate acconts are a big step up though. Workmans comp and hired help which i dont have the money for- or the cash flow from the accounts i would hope to get.

Cold sales.

Dont work for service industries. Its fun, you meet people, buld relationships and all. But doesnt make any money.

I dont have 150$ a week to spend on gas driving around trying to sell shit to people who dont buy.

Property management/corporate companies don't respond to colds

Actually my next immediate step is to get bidding training. I lost a real good quarterly account cause i didnt know what i was doing.

Edited by Shadows
  • Like 1

Depends how much working capital you need for equipment and marketing and other clerical expenses.

Let's say hypothetically its $30,000...$10k for equipment and marketing and $20,000 for first 6 months/years salary before $$$ starts rolling in due to the return on capital expenditures and let's say you take a 6 year loan at the max rate of 6.75% interest. Your payments are gonna be just over $500 a month on the loan. It's a risk but you gotta think with this infusion of capital odds are years 2 through 6 you'll be doing exponentially better and that $500 monthly payment won't be that significant plus you'll be building credit.

My philosophy with business and my Lyfe has always been to be a minimalist and lean(not talking about my physique) I'm not big on spending major $$ on office furniture and fancy displays and as time goes on marketing expenses will decline due to increased word of mouth and referrals.

As I said months ago I still don't think it's a bad idea to join a young professionals club and share business cards with others. There might be a financial advisor or accountant or small business owner that can give you their advice or perhaps even need your services. Networking is huge. The guy who does SEO and other marketing at Nustream is posting on Facebook about it multiple times a day. Some might think he's being a pest but he's also being persistent and utilizing a great form of free marketing.

Tis what im doing. Residential stuff is the outcome. And the results arent all that great. Cool bunch of friends, not a lot of clients. Plus it doesnt seem right to add a bunch of people as friends...its an informative business page. Im not trying to have doug next to some client lol.

I guess my main question is when should i get a loan and when do i use credit cards?

My initial investment is around 2500 on a credit card. but thats at 24%. Should i have just applied for a loan?

If i invest another 2500 i could get workmans comp (i believe the quote fit in that) re-pay insurance for next year, join a few associations (chamber, and one other big one), hire two guys part time - and go at it.