PSA — another Blue "Sweet Deal" today

enjoralas

For credit cards first of all why are you paying 24% interest that's about as high as it gets. Transfer credit card debt to a credit card with a 12 month 0% APR will prob bump up to close to what you pay now in interest but after a year of zero interest. Is the $2500 on credit card close to the credit card limit? If it is every month your credit is actually getting worse. The goal is to use somewhere between 1/4-1/3 of available credit.post-512-0-92136700-1472863865_thumb.png

Also as your business is established and you are paying off credit card bill completely every month be sure to take advantage of reward points. Most are like 1% cash back or equivalent in merchandise or gift cards.

I don't think any bank is gonna take the time to write up a loan for $2500. They only stand to make a few hundred on interest.

https://www.nerdwallet.com/blog/loans/personal-loan-bank-credit-union/

My business has a line of credit with our bank just in case cash flow is light in order to meet payroll.

https://www.sba.gov/blogs/6-step-guide-how-get-business-loan

Your business is considered a start up. Start ups have a much smaller chance of acquiring a bank loan than an established business. If and when you ever look for a business loan, a business plan and earnings projections are required.

The key to any successful business is solving a problem successfully. A person needs their windows washed is a problem and you solve it with your services. I wouldn't turn your nose down on residential work. You might wash a homes Windows and the homeowner owns a bunch of commercial real estate and hires you for a larger job cause you did a good job on a small job. There's slot of stupid paver shit I don't wanna do. A local church is having us engrave 18 pavers. It's a $900 job as much as a single flat marker but we do a good job maybe they will want more work done or recommend us to their congregation. I have trouble turning down business. And until I have fuck you money I'll only turn down business if the customer is completely nasty to me and my staff.

• Like 3

I get the social aspect of fb. Im not knocking residential. Its a huge chunk in the summer but doesnt do much for constant cash flow accounts. Just saying it seems to be mostly once per year homeowners with no other leads. Id rather have a strictly informative website for people to reference. Im not going to post window cleaning tips or odd bits of info on fb. Who cares.

No, my limit on the card is much higher. But i will transer to a lower rate for sure. Been thinking about it for a while.

I have a plan and i know what i want to do. Just not sure what source of funds i should use

In my opinion you need a job while your business grows. It took me 5 years to get to a level where I could survive on the income from my business alone. Add a mortgage, wife and kids to the mix and it was probably year 10 that I could afford them on the income from my business alone.

• Like 1

Tried. Doesnt work. Or doesnt work the way i was doing it?

Would get calls i couldnt reapond to, bids i couldnt to on, jobs i couldnt schedule till a two weeks out or longer since i was scheduled to work at job.

You lose jobs.

Im making it by like this now. Just more work would be nice.

There's a thing called voicemail. The majority of the calls that come into my office go to voicemail cause I'm sitting with families, on the road and out of the office or am busy with work and don't feel like answering the phone..or they call when it's evening and weekend hours when I'm not there. A couple times a day I check voicemail and then call everybody back.

I really dislike work email. Half the calls we get are people asking if you got my email. There are also a few people we work with who call everytime they send a fax asking if they got our fax. A lot of simple tasks like a basic lettering job or a duplicate memorial stone where there's nothing for customer to pickout so I say I'll mail you contract. They then say can you email it..gosh they wait months and even years to order a tombstone and won't wait a day or two for mail. Sure will email contract and take credit card info over the phone and pay the stupid 2-3% fee for visa or MasterCard.

Then some people I say I'll mail contract and they say oh I like doing things face to face I'll just come in so they come in and don't even bring their checkbook...they say you can just do the work and bill me for it. I've had people say I won't pay for it until the work is complete and then I tell them we don't do work without money and say we've been here since 1929 we aren't gonna ruin our reputation by ripping you off. It's not like if someone orders a pizza and never picks it up..we have enough display pieces. The industry standard is half down as a deposit and other half upon completion and if they don't pay balance we repossess the tombstone.

• Like 1

Voicemail is all fine and dandy. If you have warm people calling you directly.

Im working off lead services. Each one costs money. If i dont respond within 5 minutes theres 2 or 3 other guys on the same list.

End up losing money.

If i had a legit way to reach potential clients directly id be all for getting a part time until it takes off.

Suggestions in this situation? Cause self advertising/website seems to be it.

Social media is great and all but doesnt turnover into cash flow. Just jobs here and there

Edited by Shadows

thats the plan toast, which is currently whats on my fb page. Im building that aspect.

Website is just less bullshit. Plus its all a "page" under my name. I cant operate it as a seperate entity and thats pretty annoying.

I hate when i see a business advertised and then it says find us on fb. Just seems unprofessional.

An adjunct to a website sure but not the main image of the business.

Like i just added doug as a friend to my page (along with my name page too which i want to be seperate) and a bunch of hoes popped up