30 Second TR's with Special Guest Jlaw - AKA Demo bindings Suck

Johnny Law

Music: 

First I only have some shitty cell phone pics, sorry but I'm currently in a no camera ski mode. For many years i was in camera mode but no longer maybe next year. 

This year in a lot of ways sucked hairy donkey balls, it didn't really snow and the temps where more variable than a drunk Russian on a tilt a whirl. That said it was also one of my most fun years, old people, new people coming together to have fun and i think the shit fuck snow actually created more fuckery which is always great. 

CO is the spiritual end to my season and with that in mind may I present to you a super quick tr. 

Friday and Saturday I skied WP it was excellent spring skiing. 

Sunday I skied Vail and stayed in a baller pad, the Kardashians were also there if your a fucking retard and care about that stuff

Monday I skied Ajax and rode a bunch of next years skis.

Tuesday is where the fun begins, weather looked like dog shit but at noon it started to come down in sheets. 6" was reported and the plan was on for the holy grail the bowl. 

Highlands is the best of A$pen and the bowl is the best part of Highlands if you disagree your wrong 

1AoQwVd.jpg

Stoked to get fresh bowl 

Px8noj4.jpg

The trees past the weather station were for sure boner city but the center punch was untracked and considerably steeper so center punch it was. I sent my brother to White Kitchen and told him to send the cornice. hahahahha

Because he's dumb and trusts me he sent it. (picture so small)

Y2zw8aI.jpg

That's not that rowdy unless you know White is 42/38 avg

BEU5Ags.jpg

Snow was good

jk5efJ2.jpg

All of those pics were taken while my ass was posted up on Steep and Deep which is 42/39 avg snow was real good there too

f4f800a.jpg

Blah Blah Blah shit was boner city until Saturday, for those that may not know a fine pair of titties almost regardless of size is my true weakness be it CBI and the eternal fried v sauteed or any number of ex's. Now I was sort of burnt out on trying new skis but the Stockli rep had a slamming rack and it was like 60 so shit's on display, she says take the new 95 Stormrider out and I of course agree. 

Distracted I never did anything other than flirt and didn't notice the brake assembly had a bent right arm which would prove to be my undoing. Two lefts and we are picking up speed but the second I shifted weight to carve right the bent brake arm caught and the ski released and I kept going straight. This did not end well.....well mostly. 

hQeSwRa.jpg

Aspen Er is actually super nice and very fast, I left with a slightly deflated ego, weird patellar tendon and an upcoming trip to get meniscus looked at. 

I still skied today at highlands because again highlands is the shit and they do spring right. I took some runs then partied on the deck at cloud 9, took some more runs and then partied some more at highlands alehouse. 

For the uninitiated Cloud 9 is maybe the best spring party anywhere as for why I read Vogue well because I'm a man of impeccable taste and style.

http://www.vogue.com/13419384/aspen-cloud-nine-ski-restaurant-party/

Hey guess what that was actually pretty long.........

Edited by Johnny Law
  • Like 6