Utah 2-5 to 2-9

RidgeRacer

In approximately 72 hours JFSkiDan and myself are en route to the great State of Utah. Skiing Monday - Wednesday,. Mountains TBD but looking like Bird is the word, most likely Brighton and possibly Solitude or Powder depending on how much it snows.

Speaking of snow, forecast is looking decent right now... 

Monday - Chance of snow 90%. 3 to 5 inches of snow expected.

Monday Night - Chance of snow 80%. Snow accumulating 1 to 3 inches.

Tuesday - snow later in the day. High near 25F. Winds WSW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of snow 70%. Snow accumulations less than one inch.

Tuesday Night - Cloudy with snow. Low 23F. Chance of snow 80%. Snow accumulating 3 to 5 inches.

Wednesday -  High near 30F. Chance of snow 60%. 1 to 3 inches of snow expected.

Keep it here for what should be the finest thread this side of the internet....

poWVQ.jpg

• Like 7

I'm going March 7-14. Really excited. Canyons and Park City. Gonna try and do a little hiking too.

We almost ended up going that week. Didn't pan out. 

Forecast at Solitude below. Looks like snow totals may be going up...Wednesday in particular is shaping up nicely. Dan may have been onto something with that whole buoy thing. We'll see.

Monday - Chance of snow 90%. 3 to 5 inches of snow expected.

Monday Night - Chance of snow 80%. Snow accumulating 3 to 5 inches.

Tuesday - snow later in the day. High near 25F. Winds WSW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of snow 70%. Snow accumulations less than one inch.

Tuesday Night - Cloudy with snow. Low 23F. Chance of snow 80%. Snow accumulating 5 to 8 inches.

Wednesday -  High near 30F. Chance of snow 60%. Snow accumulations less than one inch.

Edited by RidgeRacer

Seems like all the cosmic tumblers in the world may be coming together to hand out some freshies for our trip.  

From Wasatch Snow Forecast......

Sunday is a break day.  Next storm pushes in late Sunday night into early Monday morning. Snow will fall in the mountains on Monday with snow levels between 6-7k feet.  So the snow will of a dense variety.  Still, we could get some fairly significant totals.  06z 12km NAM portrays up to 20″ of snow on Monday for the Upper Cottonwoods:

0204_nam12.png

Univ of Utah

So both Monday and Tuesday could be good skiing.

Tuesday is a another break between waves.  The next push of moisture will move in Tuesday night into Wednesday.  Confidence in this wave is still low as some model runs have been weaker with this wave and push the moisture farther north.  Still, I think it’s likely we will see another wave of high mountain snowfall on Wednesday with chance for some decent accumulation.

• Like 2

Sounds terrible. I hope that white shit doesn't get in your face.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know.  and it just keeps getting worse.  

Overnight
A 20 percent chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 23. Southwest wind around 18 mph.
Sunday
A 20 percent chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 33. South wind around 14 mph.
Sunday Night
Snow likely, mainly after 11pm. Cloudy, with a low around 26. Breezy, with a south southwest wind 16 to 24 mph, with gusts as high as 38 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.
Monday
Snow. High near 31. Breezy, with a southwest wind 22 to 28 mph, with gusts as high as 41 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible.
Monday Night
Snow. Low around 23. Breezy, with a west southwest wind 18 to 24 mph, with gusts as high as 38 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 5 to 9 inches possible.
Tuesday
Snow likely. Cloudy, with a high near 30. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible.
Tuesday Night
Snow. Low around 23. Breezy. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 7 inches possible.
Wednesday
Snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 31. Breezy.

No sleep last night...on complete overload. Snow totals have increased again. Looking at a few inches today but 7 to 10 overnight and up to another 7 to 10 during the day tomorrow. Damn! Snow for today looks minimal. up to 3 total. Looks like Brighton will be our locale. 

Edited by RidgeRacer
  • Like 2

Welcome to Utah...Ridge I think you are the only Patriots fan I know.

I still can't believe we won that game. Years from now I'll be telling my grand kids about that game and where I was when it went down (on a flight with JFDan watching on a laptop courtesy of the airline's in flight TV). We timed the layover in Chicago perfectly (halftime). Fools there were laughing and making jokes cause I was rocking my Brady jersey and shit looked dire at the time. The dude scanning tickets kept repeating the score on the mic to razz me and the flight attendants were making jokes as well. I told the guy that it's not over and the D Bag laughed. Who's laughing now!! You can CASH ME OUTSIDE cause we're world champions!

• Like 1

Almost every big game thats lopsided at halftime the other team comes back and ties it. I'm not a big sportsball fan but it was the same thing in that penn state bowl game. Your grandkids won't care about the game they'll be more into the flying car races and robot Olympics.

I'm out of touch with football but saw that Tom Brady is about the oldest pro football player to still be relevant so that makes it more impressive. 39 years old wow just wow.

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

Staying at the Crystal Inn. Decent place, good breakfast, and a light dinner. You could actually stay here without renting a car. They have an airport shuttle, and they do some shuttles for dinner. Without a car you can ride the bus, but im not a huge fan of being on someone elses schedule.

A few more pics from today.

post-1753-0-26202900-1486434572_thumb.jpg

post-1753-0-82905300-1486434616_thumb.jpg

post-1753-0-04083700-1486434655_thumb.jpg

post-1753-0-23469800-1486434720_thumb.jpg

• Like 5