Hey Salty..

2 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I just told him. Matt Edge also asked me what you are having for dinner tonight.  He's have meatloaf and mashed potatoes and an ice cream sandwich for dessert washed down with a Capri sun. 

I'm going to the Eat and Park and I'm planning to eat breakfast for dinner. Just remembered I am getting toast because I am sure toast is going to come in any second to yell at us for posting. But this thread has my name in it so I think I'm allowed to post whatever I want.

5 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Never been there. I enjoy walking around small towns and just checking out everything. I go in and out of gift shops and sometimes ask the sales people questions, but I don't think I've ever actually bought anything.

Burlington is a medium sized city.  Stowe is a small town. Do you like ice cream??  They have a Ben and jerrys and if you eat enough free samples you don't even have to buy an ice cream cone. 

Matt Edge asked me to ask you what you're wearing???

Here's the forecast for Stowe... so damn sick!!! What an improvement from the last few weeks. Feel like I hit the snow lottery after being pessimistic all winter long. Going to get dumped on just like you guys did in Jackson Hole. This time I'm only lodging a few miles away. Last year I stayed at the hotel during a snowstorm because I was afraid to drive from Rutland to Killington over route 4. The next day was one of my favorite days skiing ever, so it turned out fine.

image.png.95af690546698571f57b2c65b98f69df.png

Edited by saltyant

9 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I'm going to the Eat and Park and I'm planning to eat breakfast for dinner. Just remembered I am getting toast because I am sure toast is going to come in any second to yell at us for posting. But this thread has my name in it so I think I'm allowed to post whatever I want.

That sounds good.  Is that a diner??  Let me guess you're going to have a western omelette and bacon and wash it down with chocolate milk. 

8 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Matt Edge asked me to ask you what you're wearing???

Wait a minute. I don't think Matt Edge would ask that. GrilledSteezeSandwich did you really get that question from Matt Edge or are you just messing with us??

Edited by saltyant

3 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

That sounds good.  Is that a diner??  Let me guess you're going to have a western omelette and bacon and wash it down with chocolate milk. 

It's a chain in western PA. I don't know if it's pronounced Eat and Park or Eating Park, so I just call it Eat-and-Park. Pretty close but I usually drink orange juice.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Here's the forecast for Stowe... so damn sick!!! What an improvement from the last few weeks. Feel like I hit the snow lottery after being pessimistic all winter long. Going to get dumped on just like you guys did in Jackson Hole. This time I'm only lodging a few miles away. Last year I stayed at the hotel during a snowstorm because I was afraid to drive from Rutland to Killington over route 4. The next day was one of my favorite days skiing ever, so it turned out fine.

image.png.95af690546698571f57b2c65b98f69df.png

Wow great stuff and not that cold..did you get your RTMs waxed and sharpened??  

24 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I'm not planning to ski on Sunday. Way too crowded, and it's $94 for tickets in advance and $131 at the window. I think I'll go to Burlington and check the town out, and then drive around and do touristy things. I'll be skiing 5 days in a row in epic powder conditions.

Go to Bolton Valley on Sunday. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I'm not planning to ski on Sunday. Way too crowded,

You're in Vermont, why not ski someplace else that you've never been? Sugarbush, Smuggs, Bolton, etc.? f you're driving up Saturday, you could stay over Sat night somewhere and ski one of the cool little local hills for cheap fun. Suicide Six, Whaleback, Dartmouth Skiway, etc. Pico is always good.  Liftopia should have some good Sunday prices. All of those hills are accessible from the Woodstock area which is a nice small town. And West Lebanon NH is nearby if you want a cheap motel and fast food. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Where do they charge $52 for a wax and sharpen. You don't need a full tune up..check out the alpine shop in Burlington.

Shop in Danville. But I saved $300 on my RTMs there so they're good people. Their tune up was a little pricey, but my bases were apparently in really bad shape and he spent 2 hours on it so I guess the price was justified. Maybe I'll stop at Camelback on my way there and see if they can just do a quick wax for $15 or something. I get season pass perks so there's probably a discount. Can't wait to see Mountain Creek on the drive to Vermont.

1 minute ago, SallyCat said:

You're in Vermont, why not ski someplace else that you've never been? Sugarbush, Smuggs, Bolton, etc.? f you're driving up Saturday, you could stay over Sat night somewhere and ski one of the cool little local hills for cheap fun. Suicide Six, Whaleback, Dartmouth Skiway, etc. Pico is always good.  Liftopia should have some good Sunday prices. All of those hills are accessible from the Woodstock area which is a nice small town. And West Lebanon NH is nearby if you want a cheap motel and fast food. 

4 minutes ago, RootDKJ said:

Go to Bolton Valley on Sunday. 

I like to mix in non-skiing things when I travel. I abhor weekend skiing because of the crowds. I'll add these places to my list, but I've never been to Stowe before so that's new to me.

Just now, SallyCat said:

Yes to liftopia and hear to west Lebanon NH for cheap lodging and food on the way to Stowe..stay there Saturday night. Good suggestions Sally!!

8 minutes ago, saltyant said:

But I saved $300 on my RTMs there so they're good people. Their tune up was a little pricey, but my bases were apparently in really bad shape and he spent 2 hours on it so I guess the price was justified.

If you got a "wax and sharpen", they didn't likely do anything to your bases other than brush them out and wax them; hopefully you got a hand wax at that price. Even so, that's still a crazy amount of $. Sounds like maybe they're not such good people...

Edited by SallyCat
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Shop in Danville. But I saved $300 on my RTMs there so they're good people. Their tune up was a little pricey, but my bases were apparently in really bad shape and he spent 2 hours on it so I guess the price was justified. Maybe I'll stop at Camelback on my way there and see if they can just do a quick wax for $15 or something. I get season pass perks so there's probably a discount. Can't wait to see Mountain Creek on the drive to Vermont.

Mountain creek is not on the way to Vermont coming from hazleton.  Your elons took two hours to tune up??  I thought you only bought them last season.   You could likely get a quick wax and sharpen at Stowe for about $15-20

8 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I like to mix in non-skiing things when I travel. I abhor weekend skiing because of the crowds. I'll add these places to my list, but I've never been to Stowe before so that's new to me.

Sundays typically aren't very crowded in Vermont. Friday's and Saturday's are the crowded days. Most drive home sundays 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Wow the RTMs were regularly $900???