Hey Salty..

22 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

That's why I stopped tracking my vert. The five untracked runs the other day here at JH was better than 50 runs down honeymoon waltz at camelwack

QFT!  The 3 untracked runs down Razor's on this year's powder day are better than a 50 run day down anything at Cameltoe.

15 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

My variables include my parents, business, income and savings.  I only work because I need money for life. Work to live not live to work..I do get a nice burst of adrenaline from successfully upselling customers. 

I'm too scared of outliving my savings...

Probably get laid off or force retired before I'm ready to retire.

Edited by indiggio
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, RootDKJ said:

If I was within 5 years of retiring, I'd probably adjust my holdings a lot right now, since many equity investments are at all time highs.  2008 was a great lesson for me in portfolio management during a big correction.  Scary as fuck to keep buying/holding all though that period, but it all worked out in the end.  Are you an indexer?

How do the bases of your skis look?  Any white/grey areas, near the edges?  If so a good waxing is in order before you ski Stowe.

Yes, I prefer index funds since I'm not a stock picker. Haven't experienced a significant correction yet but I know it's (probably) inevitable. I'll look at my bases and see if I should wax, though I'm too cheap to pay a shop $25 or whatever to do it and I don't have wax or a waxing iron.

3 hours ago, indiggio said:

QFT!  The 3 untracked runs down Razor's on this year's powder day are better than a 50 run day down anything at Cameltoe.

Not sure why Camelback gets so much hate. Cliffhanger is a legit fun run. Even Enjorales said in his TR that it's comparable to other black runs he's done so far. I bet Cliffhanger was just as good as Razors or Challenge on that Wednesday powder day.

That's the big question, and I don't think I have a good answer for it yet as there are a lot of variables.  The longer I stay employed, the more I can tax-shelter money, so there's that factor.  Sooner the better of course.
Time > $$$

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

3 hours ago, saltyant said:

Yes, I prefer index funds since I'm not a stock picker. Haven't experienced a significant correction yet but I know it's (probably) inevitable. I'll look at my bases and see if I should wax, though I'm too cheap to pay a shop $25 or whatever to do it and I don't have wax or a waxing iron.

How many times have your RTMs been waxed and how. Any days do you have on them?  Have they been sharpened.  I shouldn't talk because both my pairs of skis have only been waxed and sharpened once so far this season. 

• Confused 1

10 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

How many times have your RTMs been waxed and how. Any days do you have on them?  Have they been sharpened.  I shouldn't talk because both my pairs of skis have only been waxed and sharpened once so far this season. 

@saltyantSeriously, I like waxing and deburring/sharpening skis. If it ever works out logistically, I'll be happy to do yours for nothing. I live near where 22 and 33 intersect in Bethlehem Township and I should ne at CBK most Fridays. If you want to hang in the basement with my asshole cat I can show you how to do everything yourself and lend you some tools/wax/etc. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Zero times. I have 17 days on them and made over 400 runs on them without a wax or tune up. I think they're probably good for another 1,000 runs at least.

43 minutes ago, SallyCat said:

@saltyantSeriously, I like waxing and deburring/sharpening skis. If it ever works out logistically, I'll be happy to do yours for nothing. I live near where 22 and 33 intersect in Bethlehem Township and I should ne at CBK most Fridays. If you want to hang in the basement with my asshole cat I can show you how to do everything yourself and lend you some tools/wax/etc. 

Thanks SallyCat. I'll let you know if I ever want to take you up on this offer. I love cats and have one named Mr. Kitty. Actually I name every cat Mr. Kitty.

Edited by saltyant
  • Confused 1

27 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Zero times. I have 17 days on them and made over 400 runs on them without a wax or tune up. I think they're probably good for another 1,000 runs at least.

Thanks SallyCat. I'll let you know if I ever want to take you up on this offer. I love cats and have one named Mr. Kitty. Actually I name every cat Mr. Kitty.

What if it's a female cat.  Salty you are badly in need of a tune up.