Hey Salty..

26 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Zero times. I have 17 days on them and made over 400 runs on them without a wax or tune up. I think they're probably good for another 1,000 runs at least.

Thanks SallyCat. I'll let you know if I ever want to take you up on this offer. I love cats and have one named Mr. Kitty. Actually I name every cat Mr. Kitty.

My cat is actually a super sweet dude but he  likes to yell a lot. A lot.

I'm always game to host beer-and-tuning sesdions. Have taught a nimber of friends and I tune a lot of the ski club skis.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Still Mr. Kitty. Last year I used my Elöns all season long without a tune up, and it was just fine. 

If you wanna go faster and carve on ice get your skis waxed and sharpened every so often. A lot of PASRs tune their skis after every session.

i weigh ten or sixty pounds more than Atomic Jeff and he was passing me on cat tracks due to his wax 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

If you wanna go faster and carve on ice get your skis waxed and sharpened every so often. A lot of PASRs tune their skis after every session.

i weigh ten or sixty pounds more than Atomic Jeff and he was passing me on cat tracks due to his wax 

I'll try to do it before Stowe next week. For now I'm checking out their lessons. It's $186 combined with a lift pass, which seems like a good deal (if I understand it correctly). Plus the instructor would spend 2.5 hours with me. If it's a group lesson then not sure I'm interested, I prefer 1 on 1 training.

Here's the link. I'm looking at the Parallel Turns/Dynamic Riding lesson.

https://www.stowe.com/ski-ride/adult/ski-and-ride-levels/

• Like 1

Salty any new snow at seven springs??

Looks like 8 inches. I wasn't planning on going this week since I'll be skiing all next week and spending bank. It's so windy here that I bet the snow is blowing off all the steeps and revealing the icy layer below.

3 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I'll try to do it before Stowe next week. For now I'm checking out their lessons. It's $186 combined with a lift pass, which seems like a good deal (if I understand it correctly). Plus the instructor would spend 2.5 hours with me. If it's a group lesson then not sure I'm interested, I prefer 1 on 1 training.

Here's the link. I'm looking at the Parallel Turns/Dynamic Riding lesson.

https://www.stowe.com/ski-ride/adult/ski-and-ride-levels/

Go for it!!!!  Pretty soon the blue mountain early bird season passes go on sale and then you can ski Blue the rest of this season on next seasons pass. Pretty sweet. 

Go for it!!!!  Pretty soon the blue mountain early bird season passes go on sale and then you can ski Blue the rest of this season on next seasons pass. Pretty sweet. 

I want to eventually go out west and ski powder like you guys, but at my current level I'd be buried in the powder after 30 seconds. How do you learn powder skiing without being able to practice it??

Group lesson on a week day should be pretty empty.  Unless it's Canada week, or UK week.  Or even Australia week.  

New skis come with shit wax.  Those bases are dying for some snow lube.  I have 5 days on the Monsters and they've been waxed 3 times.  Haven't touched the edges yet, the factory tune is pretty awesome.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, saltyant said:

I want to eventually go out west and ski powder like you guys, but at my current level I'd be buried in the powder after 30 seconds. How do you learn powder skiing without being able to practice it??

You learn to ski in powder by skiing in powder.  If you go out west and there's new snow take a powder skiing lesson. It takes some time to master as it's totally different than skiing in hardpack. Luckily you already have the worlds best powder skis.  I actually saw someone on a pair of RTMs today and it made me smile and reminded me of this. 

IMG_2466.JPG

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, RootDKJ said:

Group lesson on a week day should be pretty empty.  Unless it's Canada week, or UK week.  Or even Australia week.  

New skis come with shit wax.  Those bases are dying for some snow lube.  I have 5 days on the Monsters and they've been waxed 3 times.  Haven't touched the edges yet, the factory tune is pretty awesome.

Yeah, I just realized that price is for group lessons. But if I go on Monday or Tuesday it shouldn't be a big deal. Not sure how effective group lessons are if there's a lot of people, but a private lesson is $239 and that's out of my price range.

The shop waxed up my skis when I bought them, so maybe I'll try to stretch the current wax out for a few more seasons. JK, lol, I guess I will look into getting some fresh wax.

Edited by saltyant

3 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

You learn to ski in powder by skiing in powder.  If you go out west and there's new snow take a powder skiing lesson. It takes some time to master as it's totally different than skiing in hardpack. Luckily you already have the worlds best powder skis.  I actually saw someone on a pair of RTMs today and it made me smile and reminded me of this. 

That lady is just messing around and is probably an expert. Did you find any RTMs to demo out there???

Just now, saltyant said:

The shop waxed up my skis when I bought them, so maybe I'll try to stretch the current wax out for a few more seasons. JK, lol, I guess I will look into getting some fresh wax.

Ohmygod. 

If I saw your bases I would take them into protective custody.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, saltyant said:

That lady is just messing around and is probably an expert. Did you find any RTMs to demo out there???

Everyday I went to the demo shop and they were out of RTMs. It's the hot ski this year in Jackson hole. They said they only have 500 pairs and they're all reserved until February 30th

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Everyday I went to the demo shop and they were out of RTMs. It's the hot ski this year in Jackson hole. They said they only have 500 pairs and they're all reserved until February 30th

That doesn't surprise me at all. It was insane that I was able to grab such a bargain on last year's model since they're so hard to find. It was a slam dunk. Keep checking the demo shop during your remaining time there. Maybe try in the mid afternoon to see if a pair's available, since demand is highest early morning when the powder is freshly groomed.

7 minutes ago, saltyant said:

That doesn't surprise me at all. It was insane that I was able to grab such a bargain on last year's model since they're so hard to find. It was a slam dunk. Keep checking the demo shop during your remaining time there. Maybe try in the mid afternoon to see if a pair's available, since demand is highest early morning when the powder is freshly groomed.

I'm hoping for a cancellation I'm 47th on the standby list so I'm cautiously optimistic. 

• Like 1