Hey Salty..

55 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Yeah, I just realized that price is for group lessons. But if I go on Monday or Tuesday it shouldn't be a big deal. Not sure how effective group lessons are if there's a lot of people, but a private lesson is $239 and that's out of my price range.

The shop waxed up my skis when I bought them, so maybe I'll try to stretch the current wax out for a few more seasons. JK, lol, I guess I will look into getting some fresh wax.

What ever wax the shop applied to the bottom was gone 16 ski days ago.  New skis need lots of wax to penetrate deep into the pores of the base p-tex.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RootDKJ said:

What ever wax the shop applied to the bottom was gone 16 ski days ago.  New skis need lots of wax to penetrate deep into the pores of the base p-tex.

Do you think this might be why I've been skiing poorly lately? I honestly don't like to blame equipment but sounds like that might be a contributing factor.

1 minute ago, saltyant said:

Do you think this might be why I've been skiing poorly lately? I honestly don't like to blame equipment but sounds like that might be a contributing factor.

It's a factor, for sure.  Skis get grabby and slow, edges don't engage right.  Throws everything off.

You never answered if there any are grey or white patches on the bottoms near the metal.

2 minutes ago, RootDKJ said:

It's a factor, for sure.  Skis get grabby and slow, edges don't engage right.  Throws everything off.

You never answered if there any are grey or white patches on the bottoms near the metal.

It's too cold and snowy to go outside and check. I'm nice and toasty and getting ready to play Age of Empires 2 while watching the state of the union. I'll post once I check.

17 minutes ago, saltyant said:

It's too cold and snowy to go outside and check. I'm nice and toasty and getting ready to play Age of Empires 2 while watching the state of the union. I'll post once I check.

Do you keep your skis in your car all the time?  Please check.

4 hours ago, saltyant said:

Get your skis tuned and see...if your edges are dull you're going to have a bad time on icy slopes and if your bases are dried out your skiing won't be as efficient. 

8 hours ago, Shadows said:

Dude can barely stand up. Efficiency is besides the point

What do you mean. Once I get my bases waxed and take an intermediate group lesson at Stowe I'll be the most efficient skier on the mountain and ready to ski Corbet's Colour and increase my stats at an even more efficient rate. My stats will be so good the mods will get jealous and start deleting sessions like they're currently doing to TP4.

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, saltyant said:

What do you mean. Once I get my bases waxed and take an intermediate group lesson at Stowe I'll be the most efficient skier on the mountain and ready to ski Corbet's Colour and increase my stats at an even more efficient rate. My stats will be so good the mods will get jealous and start deleting sessions like they're currently doing to TP4.

Maybe they will just delete you?

• Confused 1

15 hours ago, saltyant said:

No, if your in the back seat you can't engage the shovels correctly and everything else sucks accordingly.

Generally if your in the backseat it's because your afraid and human's reaction is to sort of half ass the turn. I'm not busting on you every single skier in the world "holds up" when they don't like the snow they are seeing or whatever.

Are you sure your not just tired ? Cycling is a fantastic sport that really can prep some of the muscles and shit for skiing but it's a totally different motion and application of force, skiing is a holding application that's more hip abductors and rectus femoris. If your muscles are shot your going to ski like shit and your definitely not going to engage the ski with the same kind of snap and power as when your fresh. Same thing inbetween the ears, run after run after run on the same handful of trails is going to put your brain to sleep, no passion = shitty skiing.

Take a break, go to Stowe and ski with passion, drive the ski and see if you don't feel better about skiing.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Salty, matt edge was wondering what you had for dinner last night. 

Tell matt edge I had breakfast for dinner at the Eat and Park. I never know what the different types of eggs are, so I just told them to give me the same meal that's pictured on the menu. So I got eggs with whites and the yolk in the middle, some kind of meat, and fried potato slices. They really need to open some Eat and Parks in eastern PA.

7 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Tell matt edge I had breakfast for dinner at the Eat and Park. I never know what the different types of eggs are, so I just told them to give me the same meal that's pictured on the menu. So I got eggs with whites and the yolk in the middle, some kind of meat, and fried potato slices. They really need to open some Eat and Parks in eastern PA.

salty, are you a registered notary?

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Johnny Law said:

No, if your in the back seat you can't engage the shovels correctly and everything else sucks accordingly.

Generally if your in the backseat it's because your afraid and human's reaction is to sort of half ass the turn. I'm not busting on you every single skier in the world "holds up" when they don't like the snow they are seeing or whatever.

Are you sure your not just tired ? Cycling is a fantastic sport that really can prep some of the muscles and shit for skiing but it's a totally different motion and application of force, skiing is a holding application that's more hip abductors and rectus femoris. If your muscles are shot your going to ski like shit and your definitely not going to engage the ski with the same kind of snap and power as when your fresh. Same thing inbetween the ears, run after run after run on the same handful of trails is going to put your brain to sleep, no passion = shitty skiing.

Take a break, go to Stowe and ski with passion, drive the ski and see if you don't feel better about skiing.

Thanks Johnny Law, you hit the nail on the head. I think I skied too much and that kind of depleted my stoke level, which has translated into backseat skiing from lack of passion. I used to ski 12 hour sessions and not get bored at all, so I think i need to do it more in moderation and try new things. When I go out of my comfort zone and try something new, like glades, moguls or demoing RTMs, I have a stupid ear to ear smile all day long. Just haven't had that lately. Hopefully Stowe will bring back my passion for skiing. When I'm enjoying it and having fun I never feel stuck in the backseat.

Edited by saltyant

5 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Thanks Johnny Law, you hit the nail on the head. I think I skied too much and that kind of depleted my stoke level, which has translated into backseat skiing from lack of passion. I used to ski 12 hour sessions and not get bored at all, so I think i need to do it more in moderation and try new things. When I go out of my comfort zone and try something new, like glades, moguls or demoing RTMs, I have a stupid ear to ear smile all day long. Just haven't had that lately. Hopefully Stowe will bring back my passion for skiing. When I'm enjoying it and having fun I never feel stuck in the backseat.

It helps to ski with others. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, saltyant said:

Nope... What do you mean?

Idk, for some reason I assumed you would be able to notarize documents.  The reason I ask is I was hoping you would be able to notarize some documents for me: a proof picture of me at blue tomorrow, a statement from the witness I will be bringing with me to blue, a log of my ez pass transponder showing me exiting at Lehigh valley toomoorow, as well as my receipt from Whitehall wawa

• Like 1
  • Haha 1