Hey Salty..

50 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

To me the main things Blue has on CB are more trees and bumps. Main thing CB has on Blue is easier to avoid lines. Also generally find a friendlier vibe at CB.

I agree Nile is pretty much like Paradise (minus ski slow warnings) and Cliffhanger like Razor/Challenge (though I prefer thst it curves a bit instead of being a straight shot, and don't miss the longer runout at Blue).

I believe the headwall on Hump/Asp/Rocket/Marge are actually steeper than Cliffhanger, as well as narrower. But the steep doesn't last as long.

angif-hit-the-nail-on-the-head.gif

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, indiggio said:

Does Cameltoe have VIP lines for season pass holders?

Nope. But they have the "First Tracks" benefit, which they refer to as "First Trax" in an effort, I can only imagine, to appeal to the criminally low literacy level of their consumer base. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, SallyCat said:

Nope. But they have the "First Tracks" benefit, which they refer to as "First Trax" in an effort, I can only imagine, to appeal to the criminally low literacy level of their consumer base. 

Blue sorta has that benefit, if you're willing to get there at open when the majority of the Philly, New Jersey and New York crowds have yet to appear.

Cameltoe's "First Trax" doesn't help over the course of the day though when it does get crowded.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Ahhh you'll probably have them for 3-4 years.  

I certainly hope so! The past year and a half has been financially brutal, getting myself set up for mountain biking and skiing at basically the same time. Luckily I have good equipment and clothing now for both pursuits, and the only ongoing expense should be passes and beer. I'm back to austerity mode now.

The one bummer is not knowing where I'm going to be next year, so not being able to buy an early, discounted season pass.

1 hour ago, SallyCat said:

The one bummer is not knowing where I'm going to be next year, so not being able to buy an early, discounted season pass.

With how much you ski at Blue, buying the pass in Feb you'll still get your money out of it.

I had this year's pass paid off before the end of last ski season and that was primarily skiing on the weekends.

2 minutes ago, indiggio said:

With how much you ski at Blue, buying the pass in Feb you'll still get your money out of it.

I had this year's pass paid off before the end of last ski season and that was primarily skiing on the weekends.

But she already has a blue pass for this season.  And Indiggio that makes no sense having this years pass paid for before the end of last season since you had a season pass already last season. Next thing you're gonna say skiing two different areas in one day counts as two ski days.  Double ding for you 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

But she already has a blue pass for this season.  And Indiggio that makes no sense having this years pass paid for before the end of last season since you had a season pass already last season. Next thing you're gonna say skiing two different areas in one day counts as two ski days.  Double ding for you 

I understand what he was getting at, but your right, the two ski areas in one day is bogus. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Yeah, but we were kinda "forced" into pre-buying last year with their "There are only so many left".  Wonder if they're gonna do that again?

50 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

But she already has a blue pass for this season.

Exactly. I did buy a MTB pass because I'll definitely get my money's worth out of that before I split. 

Had a Skype interview with a school in Sun Valley, ID. Not sure how it went. They laughed at a joke I made about Nazis, but I'm not sure that was a wise rhetorical course of action. Also Skype is awkward; it takes everything that's awesome about a phone call and ruins it. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, SallyCat said:

Exactly. I did buy a MTB pass because I'll definitely get my money's worth out of that before I split. 

Had a Skype interview with a school in Sun Valley, ID. Not sure how it went. They laughed at a joke I made about Nazis, but I'm not sure that was a wise rhetorical course of action. Also Skype is awkward; it takes everything that's awesome about a phone call and ruins it. 

I'd visit. 

26 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

If I were to do a pass (which is possible as next year my kids will be too old for 5th Grade PA Ski Passport) it would be the Peak pass, and it would get me to take a lot more trips to Hunter and Mt. Snow.

How much farther is hunter for you than Jack Frost??