TR: 3/19/18 - Quick Evening Session

enjoralas

Wanted to get back from Maryland in time to ski yesterday afternoon, but it didn't really work out, so I was determined to ski after work today. Left the house at about 625 and was on the lift at 650. 

Snow was hard and fast, and even though conditions weren't really bad at all, I didn't really have a great night. Started with a Nightweaver run, and was just working way too hard. Really felt it in the legs right away, and never found my groove, every run was a leg burner. After NM/DW headed back up and decided to hit Sidewinder. It was probably run of the night, found some decent conditions, especially on the sides.

Next two runs were Lazy followed by Switchback, and they were both in pretty good shape too. After the Sidewinder run decided to avoid the Falls. The slope was in good shape, but the base and runout were like and ice rink. I nearly ate shit, lol. Was completely out of control when I tried to turn. So I skied the full Mile and down trough the park after Lazy. 

Decided to do a Paradise run to see what it was like, and it was just like everything else, hard with patches of ice, some areas of scraped together sugar on top. Back up the lift and got off at 735, there was a patroller forcing everyone to the right, apparently they swept and closed Paradise, Nightweaver, Razors, Challenge and Sidewinder, so I decided to ski over to run lower Widowmaker to Burma. More of the same conditions, and more of the same leg burning goodness.

Got down to the double double area and there was another patroller warning everyone that if they continued they needed to be parked at the bottom because the lift was closed. Sure enough, got to the bottom at 745 to find them turning people away. Six runs for a quick session. One this is abundantly clear; I need to get a pair of boots that fit before I hurt myself, lol.

Hoping to make at least one more after work session this week, but not sure what night(s). Thinking about hitting Buckman's tomorrow night to try on some boots. 

• Like 4

Left the house at 625 and on the lift by 650... I'm jealous Enjoralas! Anyways, nice report and like you said try buckmans for some boots. I was at the Montgomeryville location on Saturday and they has some nice deals going on. 

I was at Blue yesterday from skied from about 10-3. Conditions were really nice, but did start to soften up a bit when I left, so I guess it must have gotten colder pretty quick. I need new boots, as well. Buckmans in Whitehall only had 1 pair in my size. Unfortunately, I have the most common woman's size foot.  

1 hour ago, momskeeztoo said:

I was at Blue yesterday from skied from about 10-3. Conditions were really nice, but did start to soften up a bit when I left, so I guess it must have gotten colder pretty quick. I need new boots, as well. Buckmans in Whitehall only had 1 pair in my size. Unfortunately, I have the most common woman's size foot.  

What’s that a size 8?