Camelback April 5

momskeeztoo

So I needed another day on my new boots this season. Since I will be out of town this weekend, and unable to attend closing festivities at Blue, I decided to just suck it up and pay to go to the Camel. Conditions pretty good, soft, but not too soft. There's only 1 green and 1 blue trail closed, I think. Someone that works here told me they sold about 100 tickets, rest are season pass holders. Did a quick 18 runs in 2 1/2 hours. I haven't been here in years.  Blue definitely has more challenging terrain, and Blue's parking lot scene much better. Nobody tail gating here. But I am glad I came, new boots are working out. Only complaint is they will not be as warm. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Shadows said:

There is that one dirt lot over by the hotel. Pretty similar to blues setup. Walk to the lift. Idk why people are all "cant tailgate at cb"

that dirt lot seemed fine

I forgot about the dirt lot. Last time I was at Camelback the hotel wasn't there. I wonder if you can buy lift tickets in the hotel. 

3 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

100 tickets sold isn’t that bad for this time of year.  A lot of goodwill to the season pass holders. Every time I’ve been to camelback I’ve appreciated Blue more but nice to have the option to ski there if Blue isn’t open until Saturday. 

Yeah, I did appreciate they were open this week.  Last week the website said they'd be closed this week. Monday's snow changed their minds. There were lots of people paying for lessons when I got my ticket. 

11 hours ago, momskeeztoo said:

I forgot about the dirt lot. Last time I was at Camelback the hotel wasn't there. I wonder if you can buy lift tickets in the hotel. 

I don’t know about the hotel, but you can buy lift tickets at the CBK lodge, at the base of Sunbowl near the mountain coaster. We’ve taken to parking in the lot right along Sunbowl there and then it’s not a long walk to the lodge/snow and  a pretty easy glide down to the indoor waterpark lift.

The problem with tailgating at Camelback is they send security around on random patrols to harass patron and make sure they’re not drinking. Not sure if they bother with the dirt lot, and not sure if they would care about grilling if you weren’t drinking. 

1 hour ago, enjoralas said:

I don’t know about the hotel, but you can buy lift tickets at the CBK lodge, at the base of Sunbowl near the mountain coaster. We’ve taken to parking in the lot right along Sunbowl there and then it’s not a long walk to the lodge/snow and  a pretty easy glide down to the indoor waterpark lift.

The problem with tailgating at Camelback is they send security around on random patrols to harass patron and make sure they’re not drinking. Not sure if they bother with the dirt lot, and not sure if they would care about grilling if you weren’t drinking. 

They bother with the dirt lot and look out for other forms of recreation as well