1/28/21...windy.

GrilledSteezeSandwich

It’s so windy today I’m rocking the sweater vest with another sweater.  [mention=512]GrilledSteezeSandwich[/mention]said [mention=2]AtomicSkier[/mention] has spare sweater vests at his home for guests as they are required attire in the wine cellar

Bundled up a little extra today, 14 degrees and the wind howling on top. Top of razors swept bare, but the wind wasn’t too bad once you got down in the trees. Fortunately I used the carbide cutters on the edges last night, so ice was nice.

Snow was nice on NMDW, but it was a pain avoiding the features. Sidewinder and Lazy Mile had OK snow. Marbles on Challenge, but not as bad as last Friday. Razors was the run of the day. Called it a day at 10:15 when the lines started building up, and was sandblasted by snow chips coming up off the top of razors.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

$499 early bird is my prediction. 

If they were smart they would advertise a “renewal-only” price of $449-499 for current pass holders now, as well as announce new passes on sale March 15ish for $549, which would also then become the renewal price.

They would get a big cash grab right now without adding any more pass holders to the “ski whenever you like ranks” thus avoiding impacting their capacity calculations, and would be able to continue brisk day ticket sales. They may miss out on a few tickets by putting a date on it, but it’s a risk if people want to ski a couple days to put it off to mid-March.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, enjoralas said:

If they were smart they would advertise a “renewal-only” price of $449-499 for current pass holders now, as well as announce new passes on sale March 15ish for $549, which would also then become the renewal price.

They would get a big cash grab right now without adding any more pass holders to the “ski whenever you like ranks” thus avoiding impacting their capacity calculations, and would be able to continue brisk day ticket sales. They may miss out on a few tickets by putting a date on it, but it’s a risk if people want to ski a couple days to put it off to mid-March.

I don’t think the fine folks at Blue think on that level. 

• Sad 2