1/28/21...windy.

GrilledSteezeSandwich

Hey All,

I’m back from another fun session at Blue mountain the true mountain. I arrived at the lower lot at 820am and it was in the lower 20s with a brisk north wind.  In the house were Johnny Law, Atomic Jeff, TP4, BenM, Mixiplix, Ryan, Mute, Toast, Rodney, Bethlehem Ford Guy, zzslope, Marty and many others.  

First run on razors you had to fight the  wind to get to it and the snow was pretty nice and smooth.  Challenge and the falls were closed due to snowmaking. Main Street has very nice snow but was also in a wind tunnel.Sidewinder to lower sidewinder was alright. No real liftlines..mini backups from when the lift stopped. I managed 8 runs from 9-10:15 then hungout in the lot for about 40 minutes drinking beer. All in all it was a fun session with good snow.  

Ski everybody this weekend..JADIP

1AB7EFBE-B0FE-4F97-85DE-90DC3671DC71.jpeg

A0E28F2B-458E-4EA6-AA16-FF26D49365E1.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Boner City 1

Pretty fun morning on the skis..Wind was a little tough at times but the snow was good...Cold and dry enough so the snow they were blowing wasn't sticky....Crowds were not bad either...Switch and Side were the ROTD for me...I saw TP4 pull in the lot but did not see him the whole time I was skiing...

Boring Main St vid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8j3UwsCSUU

20210128_091652.jpg

20210128_100952.jpg

20210128_100957.jpg

Edited by Mixilplix
  • Like 6
  • Boner City 1

Last night was fun. Snow was really nice. Even some man made blowover to be had on razors from challenge...woo hoo. They were blowing a ton and grooming out challenge and falls which was of course closed. Rode the quad all night as lines were silly on the 6 pack. Blue is making bank this season...they have to be and good for them!! Maybe coming soon will get lights and snowmaking for next season. JANIP (just another night in paradise for the acronym thread).

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Are they really making as much bank as we think though? Sure they are selling a decent number of tickets for inflated prices but they are losing out on the very high margin concessions in the lodge. This might be slightly offset by decreased staff but if I had to venture a guess a full cafeteria looks a lot better on the books than a full lift line. 

I think we’ll find out when early bird passes go on sale. If they are stays quo or better for cash flow/profitability, I think we’ll see similar pricing to the past few years. If they are hurting it will be higher. 

I’m expecting $599 early bird, $699 after the season ends, and $799 after the 2021 season starts.

46 minutes ago, Schif said:

Are they really making as much bank as we think though? Sure they are selling a decent number of tickets for inflated prices but they are losing out on the very high margin concessions in the lodge. This might be slightly offset by decreased staff but if I had to venture a guess a full cafeteria looks a lot better on the books than a full lift line. 

Food and beverage net profits aren't as high as most people think regardless of their high prices. Most of their infrastructure is sitting empty for 8 months of the year.

They also lost all of their school ski club business that contributed a lot to the bottom line and was a further hit to the F&B.

1 hour ago, theprogram4 said:

It’s so windy today I’m rocking the sweater vest with another sweater.  @GrilledSteezeSandwichsaid @AtomicSkier has spare sweater vests at his home for guests as they are required attire in the wine cellar

He also has a plethora of sizes so that all guests can enjoy the cellar.