Elk 1/22/22

abe

1 hour ago, JFskiDan said:

But they did also open Razors that one morning when it was shiny ice the entire run.  

Or the unmarked groomer trenches on Challenge, or the guns blowing wet snow that send people ass over tea kettle, or Barney's with mirror ice in the troughs from broken water pipes...

5 hours ago, Benm said:

i wonder if that lift services beginner terrain. 

imagine being panicked over being plucked from a lift, then having to navigate those bumps lol 

Just think Big Pizza. It’s probably the steepest slope on the mountain but doesn’t bump up too much underneath the lift. 

20 minutes ago, indiggio said:

Or the unmarked groomer trenches on Challenge, or the guns blowing wet snow that send people ass over tea kettle, or Barney's with mirror ice in the troughs from broken water pipes...

my two favorites are the tilted hockey rink razors JFDan mentioned and the zero viz morning they seeded bumps skiers left on dream weaver for the first time with no lollipops or markings.

on the former i remember sliding on the seat of my pant past bodies strewn off in the woods and changing my attempted self arrest into aiming for the 3 patrollers standing at the bottom of the headwall like bowling pins. I skidded to a stop right at their feet. I started walking over to Challenge an then said fuck this Ive never walked off or down a slope and wasn't starting now, the scary tip down was ok as long as you didn't try to turn...

On NMDW i hit those bumps right at the bottom of a big GS turn, I held on for maybe 4-5 bumps and when I finished ragdolling Nastar Glenn's son thought I was dead lol

• Haha 5

11 minutes ago, mbike-ski said:

my two favorites are the tilted hockey rink razors JFDan mentioned and the zero viz morning they seeded bumps skiers left on dream weaver for the first time with no lollipops or markings.

on the former i remember sliding on the seat of my pant past bodies strewn off in the woods and changing my attempted self arrest into aiming for the 3 patrollers standing at the bottom of the headwall like bowling pins. I skidded to a stop right at their feet. I started walking over to Challenge an then said fuck this Ive never walked off or down a slope and wasn't starting now, the scary tip down was ok as long as you didn't try to turn...

On NMDW i hit those bumps right at the bottom of a big GS turn, I held on for maybe 4-5 bumps and when I finished ragdolling Nastar Glenn's son thought I was dead lol

Those NMDW bumps were scary AF the first time you came into them blind. I forgot all about that shit show. 

• Confused 1