2/14 Garden Grove

Johnny Law

Got on the snow around 930 to the sixer running which is always a good sign.  20 or so but full sun made it mad comfy. 

Snow is a bit crunchy but mostly good firm hardpack. Upper headwalls of razors and challenge were good crumbles where you can give it 3/4 edge pressure plus there are two sort of lips that are perfect for high speed airs. Upper main was the best snow on the hill but lower is sloppy in a classic blue way. Side has probably the worst snow with some patches, particularly the very very inside left of the big turn is boilerplate. 

Oddly there were almost no pass holders  around, the whole time the plebe line was to the gates but ride on the lift vip. I maybe saw BFG but all of the old heads where I only know their skis and faces must have rocked hard last night.  

20220214_111922.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

25 minutes ago, Dirtwolf said:

Was thinking I may head up for a few runs tonight to reacquaint myself with winter but maybe not after reading this...

What's up man ? Good to see your back.  It's 7 out of 10 I'd say, my personal rating would be an 8, Ridge probably a 9; Atomic a 6.

It's very good playful snow but it's not hammer down hyper carving kind of stuff.

• Haha 2

Yup, left where we were staying in the town of Volcano on the Big Island around 7am (Hawaii time) to see a green sand beach and hit Kona Brewing before our flight at 2 pm.  Landed in LA at 9:45 pm and pretty much got right on the next flight to Baltimore which landed yesterday morning around 7 am.  Then drove to the Sea Isle to pick up our doggo from her parents then home.  Managed to make it to half time in the Superbowl before crashing.

Still may head up for at least a few runs.  Gotta get my stats back up.

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, Dirtwolf said:

Yup, left where we were staying in the town of Volcano on the Big Island around 7am (Hawaii time) to see a green sand beach and hit Kona Brewing before our flight at 2 pm.  Landed in LA at 9:45 pm and pretty much got right on the next flight to Baltimore which landed yesterday morning around 7 am.  Then drove to the Sea Isle to pick up our doggo from her parents then home.  Managed to make it to half time in the Superbowl before crashing.

Still may head up for at least a few runs.  Gotta get my stats back up.

Congrats on getting married.  Remember that in a year or two if things start to get boring, there are a lot of swinger couples in the Lehigh valley. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Congrats on getting married.  Remember that in a year or two if things start to get boring, there are a lot of swinger couples in the Lehigh valley. 

You really should draft a line of Wedding Congratulations cards, @GrilledSteezeSandwich.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

On 2/14/2022 at 12:07 PM, Johnny Law said:

maybe saw BFG but all of the old heads where I only know their skis and faces must have rocked hard last night.  

A bunch of the ski ladies were at Sugarloaf. And the guys miss us a lot when we are gone. We are pretty much the life of the party 😎

• Like 2