Monday 2/26/24

toast21602

Can't believe it still looks like winter on the mountain. When I skied it last week, seeing all the rain in the forecast, I was sure that it would be the end of it. Tomorrow's a must, looks like!

6 minutes ago, eaf said:

Can't believe it still looks like winter on the mountain. When I skied it last week, seeing all the rain in the forecast, I was sure that it would be the end of it. Tomorrow's a must, looks like!

It was below freezing this morning and I just had the AC on in my car.  All that snow won’t just disappear in a few days.  I’m thinking they make it until 3/17 or maybe 3/24.  

I'll curse them if they don't make it into April. At least, this is my plan, and they'd better abide by it.

But you've got to admit, they had a tremendous come back after a pretty lousy and depressing start this year. Jeez, that Paradise opened so late and hardly half of its usual width. Now it's thick and wide, and they stashed mounds of snow on NMDW. I anticipate a lovely and crowdless March. Best time of the year.

• Like 5

Eaf they prob won’t make April, lift ticket prices are already reduced for this coming weekend due to reduced demand…and I’ll be up tomorrow for a short pre work session.  You probably won’t need your Facemask.  

Two weeks ago when I was skiing down an immaculate empty challenge at 9:06am, I thought..wow that’s really good..something I didn’t say much the first two months of the season..

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

Oh, I wholeheartedly agree. I shouldn't be saying it before wrapping up and driving back tomorrow, but BM felt to be at its prime at the end of last week. If you're not on the slopes, you're totally missing out. Damn, I feel like it will be a struggle tomorrow between wanting to stay an extra hour and being pressed in Teams. I just hope that AT&T won't have another bad day...

2 minutes ago, eaf said:

Oh, I wholeheartedly agree. I shouldn't be saying it before wrapping up and driving back tomorrow, but BM felt to be at its prime at the end of last week. If you're not on the slopes, you're totally missing out. Damn, I feel like it will be a struggle tomorrow between wanting to stay an extra hour and being pressed in Teams. I just hope that AT&T won't have another bad day...

My work doesn’t end, I went into work yesterday after skiing, today was a shitshow..responding to emails now..getting pricing info from office manager..but it will all be there after skiing. Also AT&T is giving a $5 credit..apparently boomers were showing up at the local AT&T stores livid and Gen Z employees like,”homey I can’t help you call corporate” lol

On topic…one of my reports was titled the best of times..that ended with one 50 degree day turning into back to reality but still decent and tomorrow AM gonna corn up fast. Maybe almost instant with the early sunrise…gonna be good 

I'll never see those $5. Someone must feel lucky (myself?) that I didn't raise a ticket after seeing nothing but a SOS on my phone in the parking lot that morning. Damn, what I didn't do... Begged for a paperclip at the customer service, converted SIM to an eSIM. Rebooted the stupid phone and whacked it a few times. Luckily for me, there seems to be a marginal WiFi zone at the Quad base, so whatever short time I was spending while turning around was enough to download pending messages.

2 hours ago, eaf said:

I'll curse them if they don't make it into April. At least, this is my plan, and they'd better abide by it.

But you've got to admit, they had a tremendous come back after a pretty lousy and depressing start this year. Jeez, that Paradise opened so late and hardly half of its usual width. Now it's thick and wide, and they stashed mounds of snow on NMDW. I anticipate a lovely and crowdless March. Best time of the year.

Winter will need to show up again big time to make it to April. 
im with dougcheesesandwich on the 24th being the latest they will be open. Sorry to be the debbie downer, but really thinking they will be open in april is setting yourself up for disappointment. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, eaf said:

I'll never see those $5. Someone must feel lucky (myself?) that I didn't raise a ticket after seeing nothing but a SOS on my phone in the parking lot that morning. Damn, what I didn't do... Begged for a paperclip at the customer service, converted SIM to an eSIM. Rebooted the stupid phone and whacked it a few times. Luckily for me, there seems to be a marginal WiFi zone at the Quad base, so whatever short time I was spending while turning around was enough to download pending messages.

Turn around..

• Haha 1