TR 2/29 Surprisingly Good

DiMe

Just got back from an afternoon sesh of lapping Come Around, Midway to Main.  Snow was sugary in Come Around but not to hard not to play.  Guns blazing all the way down Main Street made for some point and send beautiful smooth packed man made powder.  Way better than expected. Blue looks like they arr making every effort to get through the month.

20240229_150520.jpg

• Like 4

I was pleasantly surprised today after yesterday’s deluge. TCS, Lazy and Main were beautiful with the guns running all day. Raceway, Chute and Midway all very nice.  Razors closed, but I wouldn’t have gone down it anyway, a total sheet. Didn’t bother with Challenge, either. Sidewinder has some pretty big skid marks, NMDW just ok. Switchback had lots of cookies, but I was ok with that because it’s my favorite trail. Nice tailgate, and made our mandatory check on the eagles. All in all Blue did a great job after yesterday. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, eaf said:

Wow, @theprogram4 says "worst conditions of the year", DiMe talks about beautiful smooth packed man made powder. I figure, it's worth coming over tomorrow and checking the mystery out.

I quite literally only rode Come Around to Midway to Main for 2 hours.  I cant speak for the rest.  @theprogram4you seriously thought Lower Main was bad with the guns blowing?  I also just waxed so it wasn't sticky at all.

6 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

He’s a positive person and I’m a negative person🤷‍♂️

Also why haven't we met being of the rare PASR one planking variety....  Are you young, old like me, like to stay safe on the mountain, into park at all?  Wud up yo.

Was excited to get out for some Leap Year laps last night and rode from 6:45-8:45. I went with very low expectations given the precip and followed by low temps but was disappointed with conditions being 3.3 outta 10.  ROTN was the spine skiers right on CS and lapped that a few times.  Everything else was inconsistent and not fun.  The trails with guns blowing were pumping out wet heavy garbage on lower elevation terrain.  Saw lots of carnage from people hitting the freshly blown shit and stopping dead in their tracks (including myself).  Was rippin' down lower Main and just before slow signs hit a patch of that wet heavy velcro snow and the skis slammed on the brakes but the rest of me didn't get the memo.   Ended up ass over tea kettle and plowed a 30ft long trench with my helmet right through one of said slow signs.  Oh well.

Looking forward to some nice spring skiing.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, Dirtwolf said:

Was excited to get out for some Leap Year laps last night and rode from 6:45-8:45. I went with very low expectations given the precip and followed by low temps but was disappointed with conditions being 3.3 outta 10.  ROTN was the spine skiers right on CS and lapped that a few times.  Everything else was inconsistent and not fun.  The trails with guns blowing were pumping out wet heavy garbage on lower elevation terrain.  Saw lots of carnage from people hitting the freshly blown shit and stopping dead in their tracks (including myself).  Was rippin' down lower Main and just before slow signs hit a patch of that wet heavy velcro snow and the skis slammed on the brakes but the rest of me didn't get the memo.   Ended up ass over tea kettle and plowed a 30ft long trench with my helmet right through one of said slow signs.  Oh well.

Looking forward to some nice spring skiing.

Warm weather wax yo, leaves the brakes at home.