Bear Creek vs. Other NE PA Mountains

Damien

Bears big park is hardly ever crowded, lift lines are almost always short, and the scene goes off, Im the TP manager there and i gotta say this season will take everyones image of bear from great to spectacular, and age wise, most of our scene is getting to be older guys know, ill be 22 in winter and alot of others are in the 20s, youll prolly feel ryte at home, not to mention come up when it dumps at bear, its incredible how it always snows so much on the mtn even if its only calling for a lil bit, i guess its the whole bowl idea, its always deep and if you follow tracks off trail, mostly triple side and near sasquatch theres some tech lines and snow just gets deep in there! Eitherway, theres a ton of good times to be had at Bear, if anything id say avoid blue for ice and lift lines from hell but thats just me, either way GO BC CREW lol

yea man deff. not crowded, especially night time, around closing there are neeever any lines. but yeah theres so many chill/good people there its sick, and our park kills all. but i agree when it snows at bear, it snows! the trip gets deep somedays just from them blowing snow! i remember one day it was really soft grainy ice powder, that was like 6 inches deep and your skis would like sink in it, but yeah the trip is fun if you want to get away from the park, theres some sweet woods lines we found this last winter, one that you get to ollie a downed tree and then drop out of the woods like 10 feet. but yeaaah... i'll be at the festival.

BC-Crew whaaa? hahah

hey jarod if you wanna ski the knar hit up inbetween sasquatch and extreme, manditory treeslides to drops and stuff like that, mad steep plenty of drops, u name it, and if you wanna challenge hit it at nyte, but i wanted to warn you about that line you mentioned, there is a 480 power line exposed ryte in the path you ski, of course your chance of getting zapped is small but if everything go ryte it could throw you pretty far :no i stay away from that one though it is fun! im thinking about getting some pow boards just for snow storms up there theyd actually be used pretty often and i have a feeling were getting one good dump a week this year or shall i say prayin

^alright man, thanks for the info haha, yeah we nevever skiied that line when there wasnt enough snow, but now i'll make sure theres enough to cruze over it, if i even do it as much. but i will deff. check out that line you said, maan i hope it dumps!!! i might see you at the fall festival, later manggg

dude im always looking for somebody to race on that corse.

haha mark. i beat you my first time down that slope! lol then again i jumped over the woopdidoos insted of going through them liek you :nana haha you know im just jokin man lol. but about bear vs other mtns. bears park odviously rocks!its sick!! :rock

DID you stop by?

I did, but I literally just stopped by...took a quick look around and bought my pass. I was alone and felt like a tool just aimlessly wandering about. I'm sure that I made the right decision about BC though...I can't wait.

I did, but I literally just stopped by...took a quick look around and bought my pass. I was alone and felt like a tool just aimlessly wandering about. I'm sure that I made the right decision about BC though...I can't wait.

When I first got there I was alone too, so I went to the upstairs bar had a beer and looked out onto the slopes and saw a bunch of maniacs grass skiing. I knew they had to be from PASR. Then I went down and met them all. All were good guys, I'm looking forward to making turns with them and meeting more members as the season starts and progresses.

When I first got there I was alone too, so I went to the upstairs bar had a beer and looked out onto the slopes and saw a bunch of maniacs grass skiing. I knew they had to be from PASR. Then I went down and met them all. All were good guys, I'm looking forward to making turns with them and meeting more members as the season starts and progresses.

Damn...didn't event think that the bar might be open...oh well.

I'll be out there every weekend soon enough - I'm sure that I'll get to meet some of the people on here once the season gets poppin'.

Just some numbers:

Vertical

BC= 510 ft

CB= 800 ft

Montage= 1000 ft.

Blue= 1082 ft

Acres

BC= 90

CB= 139

Montage= 140

Blue= 100

Base elevation

BC= 600

CB= 1239

Montage= 1000

Blue= 457

Does blue really have a base elevation lower then BC? That's really odd...

Montage rocks though, I look forward to that PASR day :rock

All that space on Upper Runaway and Upper Fast Track at Montage really add up, I guess.

Blue's diamonds are much longer and so it skis much bigger than Montage. But, yeah, it's listed as a 457 elevation. Mountain Creek is just 440 ft at base elevation, btw.

It'd be kind of cool to put together a complete comparison chart.

You shouldn't have been so shy!! The only ones that bite here are my one nutty kid and I keep him on a leash :wiggle

It's cool to meet people in person after chatting with them on line.. It was pretty funny when AtomicSkier showed up and no one recognized him. :)

It was pretty funny when AtomicSkier showed up and no one recognized him. :)

I'm used to him decked out in red and black with atomic's somewhere nearby. Seeing him in a t-shirt and shorts... especially after we thought he wasn't coming threw me off guard. I'm not sure what everyone elses excuse is.

You shouldn't have been so shy!!

Yeah, I know...I would've hung at least stopped by the bar and hung around for a bit if I had realized that it was open, but I just saw a bunch of families and stuff and felt kinda out of place.

You shouldn't have been so shy!! The only ones that bite here are my one nutty kid and I keep him on a leash :wiggle

It's cool to meet people in person after chatting with them on line.. It was pretty funny when AtomicSkier showed up and no one recognized him. :)

I recignized him...but then again I did see him in shorts at the beginning of the summer....

And your kids were not (but should have been) on a leash this weekend, i almost got rabies

haha steven!!? lol he is a nutt :P but ya gotta love him lol

• 3 weeks later...

For some reason I think Camelback does about 300K skier visits and Seven Springs does like 450K skier visits. This is from fuzzy memories of ski magazine articles.

Hmmmm - could be, my info may have only been related to Pocono Mountain.

haha steven!!? lol he is a nutt :P but ya gotta love him lol

The kid is off the hook this year. It was funny to watch him helping customers in the Ski Bum last night. "Hello? Ski Bum.... Nipples here, Can I help you?" His enthusiasm for the sport is infectuous!!