05-06 Terrain Park Crew Announced

BC Iron Works

maybe some of us just dont feel like driving 2 and a half hours to ride? i dont see why everyone is so set on everything being street style. who cares if gaps onto rails are out of style? who sets whats in style anyway? i dont find street style to be any harder, its just different. personally, i'm more comfortable hitting a street style rail than hitting a 10 foot gap onto a rail, the consequences are so much greater. i'm surprised no one has touched on this before, but did it ever occur to you that maybe the mountains that get ranked highest contriubute to the magazine by advertising in it, thus giving transworld money? this is how gear reviews are conducted for the most part. if you look at any gear guide, at least on the ski side of things (i dont snowboard so i dont know how their reviews go) the companies that turn out the "best" skis always have the biggest or most adds consistantly in a magazine. wonder why k2's didnt make freeskier's editor's choice this year? its because they spent their advertising budget making skeeze instead of putting ads in freeskier. see the connection yet? bear creek doesnt have the kind of cashflow to throw adds into every single snowsports mag out there. there is however, a short writeup in this months freeskier on bear. with no advertising whatsoever. so i guess they're doing something right with their insignificant little hill, huh?

I've never seen a 'Mountain Creek' ad in Transworld, Snowboarder or any other mag for that matter. This theory doesnt hold any weight.

Hunter advertises in those mags and you DONT see Hunter in them! Killington advertises and Killingtons park isnt ranked. Also, the resort guide is based on reader reviews, not editors choice.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never seen a 'Mountain Creek' ad in Transworld, Snowboarder or any other mag for that matter. This theory doesnt hold any weight.

Hunter advertises in those mags and you DONT see Hunter in them! Killington advertises and Killingtons park isnt ranked. Also, the resort guide is based on reader reviews, not editors choice.

Wow you have an answer for everything. I think it is good that your on here, because your our first out right alias. When this happens, you know a board is working.

The MC parks are also #1 in the country in police calls for fights.

Wait 20 minutes for your turn...drop in...do a hit...punch someone for getting out of turn...wait 20 more minutes for a hit...

You PA park guys would be in a sh*tty mood like PAsucks, too...give the flamer a little love, he doesn't get it at home. :sex

Yo seriously PASUCKS, you dont have your head on ryte or something but at this point ur wasting ur breath, everyone down here has more heart and soul then you do and wed rather not hear ur BS, Your wasting all of our time in here reading about your stupid comments, cuz its obvious almost everyone is going to bear instead of MTC, do u realize you are the only one who is making a stand, i guess everyone else is wrong? Hey have fun at Mountain creek, ill have fun riding the park wit everyone and being able to know there names and things about each person, we care about each other down here and well to me a good scene is better then a bigger mtn full of the same features we have at bear, so move on buddy no one cares what you think, you SN sez it all, so get the hell out

Yo seriously PASUCKS, you dont have your head on ryte or something but at this point ur wasting ur breath, everyone down here has more heart and soul then you do and wed rather not hear ur BS, Your wasting all of our time in here reading about your stupid comments, cuz its obvious almost everyone is going to bear instead of MTC, do u realize you are the only one who is making a stand, i guess everyone else is wrong? Hey have fun at Mountain creek, ill have fun riding the park wit everyone and being able to know there names and things about each person, we care about each other down here and well to me a good scene is better then a bigger mtn full of the same features we have at bear, so move on buddy no one cares what you think, you SN sez it all, so get the hell out

you hit the nail on the pervible head.

its more about the people at the park then the features. Id rather ride a shitty park with 5 good freinds then a good park by myself.

i think thats how most of us fell. and because the park is less crowed you can flow with it more.

Here at Bear Creek, we take pride in our terrain park, our mountain, our base facilties, and our customer service values. We also respect the other mountains in the industry and realize that, in the end, we're all in this together working to create a love for the sport. Mountains like Bear Creek and Mountain Creek are working hard to push the mid-Atlantic terrain park scene and we should be thankful that the local skiers and riders have the option of more than one mountain dedicated to progressing the sport.

Mary Bortz

Bear Creek Public Relations Manager

You haven't seen MC advertised, but I guarantee that Intrawest (who owns MC) advertises in and has huge financial ties to most of these mags.

Well... I feel that I'm torn in two pieces right now. I grew up here in Pike County PA, where I learned to ride at Masthope mountain. Then I ended up going to school in Sparta, NJ and commuting from PA everyday. I took my first ride through MC's parks 6 years ago with some new friends, right when Shaun Orrechio took over the Park Manager job at MC, and fell in LOVE with freestyle. Mountain Creek is a super respectable mountain with amaizing freestyle features and a true love for freestyle, and they have proven that time and time again. Honestly PAsucks... I am actually ashamed that you decided to open your mouth on here and start to make MC locals look like dirt. I am friends with most of them and I honestly never had a problem with anyone. So for all PA people, jerzy peeps aren't as bad as they are made out to be. MC, BC, and now Shawnee are all building parks to their best ability for one reason, to give skiers and riders the chance and opportunity to ride freestyle terrain and to develop a love for the sport. Not to see who comes out best in transworld. When I go into a park I'm not looking for rankings or Vert. feet, I'm looking to have fun and to better my skills in freestyle. Honestly if multiple parks can give me that... every park deserves a #1 rank.

Wow you have an answer for everything. I think it is good that your on here, because your our first out right alias. When this happens, you know a board is working.

:werd

Here at Bear Creek, we take pride in our terrain park, our mountain, our base facilties, and our customer service values. We also respect the other mountains in the industry and realize that, in the end, we're all in this together working to create a love for the sport. Mountains like Bear Creek and Mountain Creek are working hard to push the mid-Atlantic terrain park scene and we should be thankful that the local skiers and riders have the option of more than one mountain dedicated to progressing the sport.

Mary Bortz

Bear Creek Public Relations Manager

ABSOlutely!!!! All the more reason to get a PASR team to travel around to various comps or Freestyle days or the PASR days.. Collectively there are enough snow enthusiasts to have this whole controversery put rest by seasons end.. shhhhhhhh... i know who is going to win :wiggle

MC, BC, and now Shawnee are all building parks to their best ability for one reason, to give skiers and riders the chance and opportunity to ride freestyle terrain and to develop a love for the sport.

Dont forget Big Boulder. Big Boulder maybe not be putting alot of effort into upgrading theyre park, But theyre park certainly kicks ass. If BB put some time into theyre parks they could easily be one of the better parks in the area. Like durring theyre finals competition last year they set up a kink rail with a 7ft gap. That thing was BEAUTIFUL. Perfect lip and everything. But they build good features and let it go downhill.but if I work at bb this year im gonna try and work with the park crew so hopefully the park will be in better shape this year.

A park is a park. Some good and some not so good. Some big, some not so big. My point is that I can Have fun at every park I go to, whether it sucks or not. I make it work for me. It's all good.

Amen... and I ment to include all parks in pa not just those three! sorry bout that... :halo