05-06 Terrain Park Crew Announced

BC Iron Works

Incase anyone here wants to know i figured id hook ya up wit some names of the people who will be keeping Bear creek at the head of the class in terrain parks this year

Andy Lenart- Manager

Tyler Boyer- Ast. Manager

Russle Bowman

Dan Dowe

Dan Pilz

Danielle Lavery

Chris Hoover

Josh Ziegler

Tim Radway

Mark Hafer

These guys and girls will Keeping everything upto pair and will be building terrain parks from combined veiwpoints, there will be a suggestion box somewhere on the mountain this year due to changing the park every 2 weeks, so get ur ideas in and maybe ull see exactly what you wanna ride!

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats awesome u guys change up your park. I always ride big boulder and i like how they set up theyre stuff, but its almost always the same all year round. They only time boulder changes theyre setup if for the competition. Thats really cool. I should be at bc a few times this year so ill check out how your park is.

Incase anyone here wants to know i figured id hook ya up wit some names of the people who will be keeping Bear creek at the head of the class in terrain parks this year

Head of the class?

:lol:

What class? Pennsylvania?

You guys can hype up yourselves up all you want, but theres no way you are in the same league as mountain creek.

Head of the class?

You guys can hype up yourselves up all you want, but theres no way you are in the same league as mountain creek.

Wow, why bother coming here first off.

Second off, most people who live around Bear Creek are about 2 1/2 - 3 hours away from Mountain Creek.

Third, I personally think Mountain Creeks park sucks compared to Bear Creeks, but thats just my personal opinion and you don't have to think the same thing. All I know is last time I went to Mountain Creek it was bad. Everything was rediciously big and setup horribly, which isn't a good combination. The kickers onto the rails were so low and worn away that it was almost impossible for skiers to gap on. The jumps were also poorly planned out. You couldn't get enough speed to clear them because the wind was so bad. There was no middle park either. I'm all for challenging features, but there is a way to do it, and then there is a way to screw it up.

Fourth I realize you're just trolling, but posting this is the same as someone going to a Mountain Creek message board and saying, "Head of the class? What class? New Jersey? You guys can hype up yourselves up [sic] all you want, but theres no way you are in the same league as Whistler Blackcomb / Okemo." Obviously, but are you really gonna drive/fly far away to go there everyday. No you're not.

-----------

Anyway. Sounds great, I'm looking forward to this year. I love how you guys switch the park up all time, its a suprise everytime I come down there. I like the suggestion box idea too. Hopefully I'll see you guys up there this year, have fun with the park.

Edited by lurker

Ill jump in and say MC was my first true home... they were ranked 4th on the East Coast in terrain parks this year by Freeze mag. I don't exactly know the numbers for transworld, ill agree that there is not too much intermediate terrain, its mainly advanced... but the setups are perfect. honestly people there are diffrent ways to set features up, and street style was the hype last year at creek, so the kickers were suppost to be mellow. Shawn Orecchio (park director at creek) knows what hes doing, ive sat down with him and chatted and he knows his stuff. I havn't been to bear yet so im not saying a word about their parks but i really wanna make the trip. I work for a Park now in PA, but my roots and experience is a good 70% dirrrty jerz.

Shit sorry... this was suppost to be made by PARKBUILDER.... looks like my bro was on b4 and left his name on! My B

Edited by parkrider

Ill jump in and say MC was my first true home... they were ranked 4th on the East Coast in terrain parks this year by Freeze mag. I don't exactly know the numbers for transworld, ill agree that there is not too much intermediate terrain, its mainly advanced... but the setups are perfect. honestly people there are diffrent ways to set features up, and street style was the hype last year at creek, so the kickers were suppost to be mellow. Shawn Orecchio (park director at creek) knows what hes doing, ive sat down with him and chatted and he knows his stuff. I havn't been to bear yet so im not saying a word about their parks but i really wanna make the trip. I work for a Park now in PA, but my roots and experience is a good 70% dirrrty jerz.

Shit sorry... this was suppost to be made by PARKBUILDER.... looks like my bro was on b4 and left his name on! My B

Yeah, many of my snowboarding friends liked it quite a bit, but I just thought it would be way better if they just made the kickers bigger. I mean, I like to gap onto rails, but I don't like to jump as hard as I possibly can just to barely squeak onto the rail. It may have just been an off day. It was really icy and they might have not been able to reshape the kicks correctly with the conditions.

yea i hear that, creek sucks if u head there after school lets out... way to crowded in the parks, and the conditions go way downhill at about sunset. Id imagine street style would be harder for skiers. I always like that setup for the down-flat-down though towards the end of last season... you could gap that all day with little or no speed in the spot it was at.

They could do things like we do, alot of our setups are normal style setups, if we have down rails or some other features like the picnice table and stuff its more of a pop up onto them, but if they do that wit every rail? how ya gunna spin on and look good doing it?

They could do things like we do, alot of our setups are normal style setups, if we have down rails or some other features like the picnice table and stuff its more of a pop up onto them, but if they do that wit every rail? how ya gunna spin on and look good doing it?

na na na... its def not every rail, there setups really are good though. it was really only the down-flat-down and a down rail. everything else u just need speed...

Head of the class?

No one mentioned this yet. (i don't think so anyway- too lazy to read) Mountain creek definitely is nice. I've never been there, but from what i've seen, ( pics and vids ) It looks nice. We can agree that mountain creek is nice. Why might they be nice? :confused hmm. Could it be because they are owned by Intrawest, who also owns Winter Park and Whistler-Blackcomb. IF MC weren't owned by intrawest, then the parks would almost definately suck. "....but there's no way you are in the same league as mountain creek" - Who said bc was? Have you even ever been to bc? I love how people have to look at mountains like they're in a competition, trying to be the best. I just look at it as different places to ride, each with their own sets of advantages and disadvantages. Is it just me or is this pasucks guy coming off as an asshole? :confused Haha, i really could care less, he'll be kicked off in a few days.

^deff. a good way to look at it,

i dont think bear is in the same class as mountain creek for the mountains sake, but park is a different story. bears park is crazy and is just getting better and better every second. theres so many hard working people that keep it in perfect condition and move stuff around, i am there like 5 days a week and it doesnt suprise me that on the 3rd day some rails and boxes moved all the way across the terrain parks to the other side, it just keeps everything interesting. the jumps are huge, and this year they are being planned out before we even have snow on the ground. bear is always one of the first to open and has a huuuge base that lasts well into the spring. mountain creek is deff nice, and is a great mountain. but you cant count bear out for nicest park. please do yourself a favor and just check out the park this year, i think you will be suprised.

why hasnt greg just deleted his acount yet?

Keep him around... He is entitled to his "wrong" opinion :)

If he keeps adding useless flaming posts, with no content, he will have some issues to deal with.

PASucks, consider this your warning.

As long as we don't get off into profanity, from what I understand he isn't doing much different than what led to the creation of this board.. Let him speak, it apparently makes him feel good! :)

No one mentioned this yet. (i don't think so anyway- too lazy to read) Mountain creek definitely is nice. I've never been there, but from what i've seen, ( pics and vids ) It looks nice. We can agree that mountain creek is nice. Why might they be nice? :confused hmm. Could it be because they are owned by Intrawest, who also owns Winter Park and Whistler-Blackcomb. IF MC weren't owned by intrawest, then the parks would almost definately suck. "....but there's no way you are in the same league as mountain creek" - Who said bc was? Have you even ever been to bc? I love how people have to look at mountains like they're in a competition, trying to be the best. I just look at it as different places to ride, each with their own sets of advantages and disadvantages. Is it just me or is this pasucks guy coming off as an asshole? :confused

WORD!!! there is always one or two in a bunch ... :D

We are happy to be of service to you PASUCKS!! :)

Keep him around... He is entitled to his "wrong" opinion :)

As long as we don't get off into profanity, from what I understand he isn't doing much different than what led to the creation of this board.. Let him speak, it apparently makes him feel good! :)

WORD!!! there is always one or two in a bunch ... :D

We are happy to be of service to you PASUCKS!! :)

Bear may have a few dedicated park guys...but Mountain Creek has like 30! Seriously. Its cool that you dig your little local riding spot, but there WERE a few people on this board CLAIMING its better than MC. TO THOSE of you claiming this, you really must be dilusional. SORRY!!!! Its ok to have your own opinion, but at least admit your ignorant.

Bear Creeks total skiable/rideable acreage is only 90 acres.

Mountain Creeks parks are 65 acres! BY SIZE alone you can't even compare the 2 resorts.

MC has bear beat on all fronts.

Parks - MC beats in variety, # of features, innovation, flow, you name it. You just cant compare

Events - MC has the Grand Prix, Peanut Butter and Rail Jam and the only east coast Transworld Trans Am

Superpipe - Does Bear even have a regular pipe?

Verticle - MC is double the vertical

Rankings - Every year Transworld, Snowboarder, Freeskier all rank MC as one of the best parks in the country. Does Bear Creek event get mentioned? I just got the new Transworld Resort guide and they DONT even mention bear. Still think Bear is better?

Seriously...Pride in your local riding spot is cool. But don't spam all these message boards with false-hype. The day that Bear Creek beats MC in Parks is the day that MC gets hit by an avalanche. NOT HAPPENING!

u actually gained alittle respect from me. you actually posted a comment with detail that explains why you think mc is better instead of being an ignorant asshole.

Thats cool if u think mc it better which it is. But its more personal preference then nething. Some people think bear creek setups up theyre shit better than mc. Its all about the rider. Not who has the better setup. If the rider likes to be able to get onto a rail without doing it street style thats cool. Maybe hes working on his style more than street type stuff. Then he will like bear creek better and think bear creek it better. But maybe u like street style rail and ull like mc better. u cant really compare the 2 mountains in aspect of park. the vert and number of competeion is compare about the the park itself isnt.

u actually gained alittle respect from me. you actually posted a comment with detail that explains why you think mc is better instead of being an ignorant asshole.

Thats cool if u think mc it better which it is. But its more personal preference then nething. Some people think bear creek setups up theyre shit better than mc. Its all about the rider. Not who has the better setup. If the rider likes to be able to get onto a rail without doing it street style thats cool. Maybe hes working on his style more than street type stuff. Then he will like bear creek better and think bear creek it better. But maybe u like street style rail and ull like mc better. u cant really compare the 2 mountains in aspect of park. the vert and number of competeion is compare about the the park itself isnt.

Bear setup is oldschool. MC sets their stuff up like the west coast resorts. Setting jibs up with big gaps is not really "in" these days. Look at resorts Like Bear, Ca , Park City and Mammoth. Almost everything is streetstyle. This setup makes riders better. You need to OLLY to get on a rail like skating. Personally, other than this message board Ive NEVER met anyone that thinks Bear is better. Im sorry, I just dont think you guys in PA have a clue.

Answer one question. Transworld Resort Guide lists and features the best parks in the country... Mountain Creek was featured. Bear wasnt even mentioned. Is this because Transworld doesnt have a clue and you guys are right?

Bear setup is oldschool. MC sets their stuff up like the west coast resorts. Setting jibs up with big gaps is not really "in" these days. Look at resorts Like Bear, Ca , Park City and Mammoth. Almost everything is streetstyle. This setup makes riders better. You need to OLLY to get on a rail like skating. Personally, other than this message board Ive NEVER met anyone that thinks Bear is better. Im sorry, I just dont think you guys in PA have a clue.

Answer one question. Transworld Resort Guide lists and features the best parks in the country... Mountain Creek was featured. Bear wasnt even mentioned. Is this because Transworld doesnt have a clue and you guys are right?

Like i said its personal preference. Not everyone around her is a MAJOR freestyle expert. you gotta work your way up to street style. And if theyre not ready for street style ofcourse theyre gonna like bear better.

ohh, and bear creek does have something mc doesnt. A NICE LODGE.

Like i said its personal preference. Not everyone around her is a MAJOR freestyle expert. you gotta work your way up to street style. And if theyre not ready for street style ofcourse theyre gonna like bear better.

You didnt answer the question. Why wasn't Bear featured? hmmmmmm. :nono

Beginners may like Bear better. But that certainly doesnt mean its a "better park". MC overall has the best park in the mid atlantic, argueably the east.

Care to answer the question? How could Transworld be so bold to OVERLOOK and to not mention the Terrain Park Superpower known as Bear Creek? :wave

Thats cool if u think mc it better which it is. But its more personal preference then nething.

You didnt answer the question. Why wasn't Bear featured? hmmmmmm. :nono

Beginners may like Bear better. But that certainly doesnt mean its a "better park". MC overall has the best park in the mid atlantic, argueably the east.

Care to answer the question? How could Transworld be so bold to OVERLOOK and to not mention the Terrain Park Superpower known as Bear Creek? :wave

Allright buddy, SHOW ME WHERE I SAID BEARS PARK WAS BETTER. NO i didnt. If u read my post you would have noticed i said mc is better. i said people prefer bc park cause of the more beginer freindly set ups. ya... thats what i thought

But also acount for what both mountains have to work with. Bear's park is pretty good for 1/2 the vert of mc. and u said it urself by size they cant be compared. So why are u comparing them? And mc is with intrawest to make the park better. What does bc have? A group of dedicated indivuals who are helping progress the less prgressed freestyle indivuduals who cant ride mcs street style hits.

Edited by Gurp

maybe some of us just dont feel like driving 2 and a half hours to ride? i dont see why everyone is so set on everything being street style. who cares if gaps onto rails are out of style? who sets whats in style anyway? i dont find street style to be any harder, its just different. personally, i'm more comfortable hitting a street style rail than hitting a 10 foot gap onto a rail, the consequences are so much greater. i'm surprised no one has touched on this before, but did it ever occur to you that maybe the mountains that get ranked highest contriubute to the magazine by advertising in it, thus giving transworld money? this is how gear reviews are conducted for the most part. if you look at any gear guide, at least on the ski side of things (i dont snowboard so i dont know how their reviews go) the companies that turn out the "best" skis always have the biggest or most adds consistantly in a magazine. wonder why k2's didnt make freeskier's editor's choice this year? its because they spent their advertising budget making skeeze instead of putting ads in freeskier. see the connection yet? bear creek doesnt have the kind of cashflow to throw adds into every single snowsports mag out there. there is however, a short writeup in this months freeskier on bear. with no advertising whatsoever. so i guess they're doing something right with their insignificant little hill, huh?

maybe some of us just dont feel like driving 2 and a half hours to ride? i dont see why everyone is so set on everything being street style. who cares if gaps onto rails are out of style? who sets whats in style anyway?

Being better and best is a subjective opinion without agreed upon formats for surveys which create ratings. Because of proximity, staff, nastar, price and park, I would choose BC over and above MC that is why it is better IMO.. Hell it's better than Tahoe - just because we can't get there!! :no

i'm surprised no one has touched on this before, but did it ever occur to you that maybe the mountains that get ranked highest contriubute to the magazine by advertising in it, thus giving transworld money? this is how gear reviews are conducted for the most part.

^^^^ yep...! what he said.

bear creek doesnt have the kind of cashflow to throw adds into every single snowsports mag out there. there is however, a short writeup in this months freeskier on bear. with no advertising whatsoever. so i guess they're doing something right with their insignificant little hill, huh?

Props to our very own BCparkstaff for getting the word out on that one!! Think you can get your MC park manager to join here? He would be given the Montain Representative Title and then he can get the word out on here and then, eventually, everyone will leave thier respective mountain to go to yours, since yours.... is the BEST!! :)

By the way.. the inivitation is open for all Ski Area Management personell, with approval from their supervisors, to be given the "Mountain Representative" Title. PM me for more info.

I almost forgot, thanks pasucks for the intelligent break down on your thoughts regarding MC - I knew you had it in ya!!! :rock

Edited by Papasteeze