Hunter 11-19

DMC

Wow... What a crowded day...

Hellgate was packed with 2000 people...

Hunter_11-19-05_%20OpeningDay_Hellgate_7.jpg

Picking your way through beer caps and cigerette butts was difficult..

Hunter_11-19-05_OpeningDay_Hellgate_4.jpg

The lift lines were unbearable...

Hunter_11-19-05_OpeningDay_FChair_1.jpg

By 12:30 the place was mobbed...

Hunter_11-19-05_OpeningDay_1230PM.jpg

Actually... Great day!!!

Awesome start to the year!!!

Edited by DMC

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks quiet, but only one run?

Any more likely early this week?

Only one run.... I guess it wasn't such a good day... :wiggle

Who knows if more will open... Guess it depends on snowmaking weather..

a couple of my friends are headin up their next saturday 11/26.. would it be worth it? i mean if they only have one or two trails open i might as well just wait.. im not about to waste some money that i dont have just to ride down a crowded trail then wait in a long line

a couple of my friends are headin up their next saturday 11/26.. would it be worth it? i mean if they only have one or two trails open i might as well just wait.. im not about to waste some money that i dont have just to ride down a crowded trail then wait in a long line

How would I know if it would be worth it for you????

Don't waste your $$ if you don't want to spend it... Cause like the picture shows... The lines were horenedous... ;)

headed out now for some turns.... I hope it's now crowded again.... :)

Edited by DMC

Looks great, I am heading either there or belleayre next weekend. I know bellyare plans on putiing in some rails, any chance hunter will have some sord of park open.

Just got off the mountain... they put up a couple rails... And a nice kicker too...

Looks great, I am heading either there or belleayre next weekend. I know bellyare plans on putiing in some rails, any chance hunter will have some sord of park open.

im deffenltly headed up to belleayre on saterday. and so is ske freek!! and possibly gurp.

Wow, I'm in your liftline picture, I'm the guy in the black helmet getting on the lift alone. Cool beans.

Sorry - i cant see you through the huge mass of rude New Yorkers in Starter Jackets all waiting for the lift.... :) :) :)

It was an awesome weekend....

Because snow coverage only came down to mid-mountain. So you ride one lift all the way to the top, then ski halfway down the mountain to another lift that goes back up to the summit. When you want to leave, you board the top to bottom lift and ride all the way down.

good question...why are you riding the lift down the mountain?

Cause I didn't want to ride on a trail with 2000 people and cigarette buts raning down on me... :)

The mountain was open to the bottom today... We actually poached it yesterday - it was totally ridable - they just had to fill in some water bars..

Cause I didn't want to ride on a trail with 2000 people and cigarette buts raning down on me... :)

The mountain was open to the bottom today... We actually poached it yesterday - it was totally ridable - they just had to fill in some water bars..

yea i rode hunter yesterday, we stormed the bottom trail too (my crew and I) we also put together that kicker on the side of 7th/hellgate by the big snowguns, would have been a good time if we didnt have a choppy landing... i love how hunters ski patrol lets u set anything up as long as u got bamboo sticks and ask permission they almost always let you hit something if you are out of the way. i had a good time.

Jeez, DMC, it's REALLY super that warm city temps kept peoples mind's off skiing/riding Hunter AND Belleayre this weekend. Really, it's a GREAT thing. And I imagine KMart and the Bush were empty today, as well. If you feel that changes our experiences on past opening days where absolute butthead *ssholes have crashed into my kids while catching blind air, then go right ahead.

You are the one that said how much you can't wait for the Poconos and MC to open to be rid of the crowds.

You are welcome to have your glowing opinion of Hunter. It's your opinion. My opinion comes from my own experience with some truly dangerous situations.

I don't troll over to your Hunter MB and bash Hunter. But I freely express and share my experiences of Hunter here among my PA friends.

Do you really have a problem with that? Is it mandatory to you that everyone love Hunter? I've worked there, had my oldest in three Thanksgiving race camps there, and still have friends that ski there regularly.

It's cool to see your pics. Leaving out repetitive negativity would have made them cooler.